AOR Received.
21-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2017
Don’t worry! I saw during the interview ( in person to Scarborough office) applicants from 2018, 2019 having interview same day with me. So, don’t panic. IRCC is finishing files left behind from 2018.
Be patient my friend, and positive!
Hey no. I am not panicking. My PR card is expiring next month. And have s travel planned in December. Like you said there are people waiting for 3 years. When compared to what they are going through this wait for a month or so is nothing.

Reactions: Toronto1971

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Hey no. I am not panicking. My PR card is expiring next month. And have s travel planned in December. Like you said there are people waiting for 3 years. When compared to what they are going through this wait for a month or so is nothing.
Do you know why I do love this forum?
Helping people as they helped me before, giving info about IRCC & rules of application. What to do , or NOT. Trying not to lie or writing bull…..
Applicants don’t pay a lawyer only for information. That information can be found in the forum , here.

bilal811

Jan 26, 2016
Did you get the day of ceremony from IRCC?
No, cuz as i mentioned my fingerprint was expired so i gave the one next day, still waiting for the status to be updated, but my wife's tracker everything was completed except the ceremony, they 'll process the ceremony once they will receive my fingerprint to process all of us applications together.

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
No, cuz as i mentioned my fingerprint was expired so i gave the one next day, still waiting for the status to be updated, but my wife's tracker everything was completed except the ceremony, they 'll process the ceremony once they will receive my fingerprint to process all of us applications together.
Be patient, you are almost to the end!

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
I have a question for those that have had an interview as part of the process. If you have an expired passport as part of your application, do you need to present it to the officer conducting the interview?

I am currently overseas and my expired passport is in Canada. Would that be an issue during the interview or would they understand that people don’t usually travel along with their expired passports.

Last edited:

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
I have a question for those that have had an interview as part of the process. If you have an expired passport as part of your application, do you need to present it to the officer conducting the interview?

I am currently overseas and my expired passport is in Canada. Would that be an issue during the interview or would they understand that people don’t usually travel along with their expired passports.
@UnleashedFX in my case, the immigration officer asked for all the passports covering the three years of eligibility.

Regards

Reactions: UnleashedFX

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
Thank you for the reply guys! It is essential that I know that information in case I get called for an interview. I need to start planing accordingly.

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
They even asked me for new passport outside eligibility period...
@Dreamlad I think they intentionally slow the process of all the applications that have gone through the interview. It has been three months since the interview, 6 months since Decision Made, no feedback at all.
That's completely wrong and unfair the way they are processing older cases.

Regards

Reactions: Dreamlad

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021

Ok! First of all depends what IRCC is going to ask about. Me , during the interview, never asked the passport. For example, IRCC questions:
- Why did you travelled so much to Portugal?
- Who is there?
- Where do u live there?
- Show me the language’s certificate/ or diplomas from Ontario school
- Give me your 3 identification cards ( PR card& OHIP card& Driving License)
- What kind of job you doing? If NOT/ YES , why/ where?
These are all my questions that IRCC asked.
I should add that:
- Before the interview IRCC asked me proof of exit/ entry because they saw that my citizenship test had been taken outside of Canada. It was one month before interview, an email request.

Reactions: UnleashedFX

nikta

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Hi , I have a question. I’m applicant April 2019 . 2 weeks ago I had an interview in Montreal. The officer said me , at the end of interview, everything is ok And it takes 3 or 4 months to receive ceremony letter maybe soon . My application still is in progress and all tracker is in progress except ceremony ( not started) . I just wanted to know is it normal ? Usually how long does it take changing in process to decision made.

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Hi , I have a question. I’m applicant April 2019 . 2 weeks ago I had an interview in Montreal. The officer said me , at the end of interview, everything is ok And it takes 3 or 4 months to receive ceremony letter maybe soon . My application still is in progress and all tracker is in progress except ceremony ( not started) . I just wanted to know is it normal ? Usually how long does it take changing in process to decision made.
Ok , my experience because nobody knows how really IRCC works.
-Interview day 8 September
-Updated , all the lights turned green next day ( needs 24 hours to update your application status on website). it was 9 September
- ECAS website showed “ Decision Made “
- Monday 12 September the status had been updated again. IRCC send the day of ceremony for 21 October
- I’m applicant from July 2020

Reactions: nikta

nikta

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Ok , my experience because nobody knows how really IRCC works.
-Interview day 8 September
-Updated , all the lights turned green next day ( needs 24 hours to update your application status on website). it was 9 September
- ECAS website showed “ Decision Made “
- Monday 12 September the status had been updated again. IRCC send the day of ceremony for 21 October
- I’m applicant from July 2020

In your experience, if I call them and ask this question.. why it didn’t change anything snd no updated after 2 weeks.. Is it good idea of not