+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

AmandaM25

Aug 22, 2016
Hello just giving an update, had interview yesterday Aug 23. They ask for all of your passports, ID's and verify language documents. Before attending interview the only thing complete on my tracker was Background check and Citizenship test, everything else was pending. I am October 2020 applicant.

After the interview, the immigration officer let me know they are running a pilot project where you are able to become a citizen the same day! Just need to surrender your PR card. Waited 30 min was taken into a room where I gave oath with officiant, took pictures, gave me my citizenship certificate and that was it!

I will say though that not everyone who was waiting for their interview were given opportunity to become citizen that day. I am not sure how they choose.

Best of luck to you all.

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
I emailed them on Friday the 19th following up. I forwarded the same email I had sent with the signed oath form. In the subject I put my file number, full name, officers first name and initials. In the subject I said I wanted to confirm if my oath form was received and also mentioned my UCI full name file number and officers first name and initials. Still no response.

I’m thinking now to wait for next week and respond the the email where they sent the invitation from (I sent the signed oath form as a new email even though it’s the same email address)
Did write the full name of Clerk in subject line?

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Did write the full name of Clerk in subject line?
No I put her first name, the lady that was going over the PowerPoint at the end said either initials or first name is okay. I didn’t know how to spell the last name. In my follow up email though I put first name and initials in brackets

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
In the subject I used this format: Oath form for (file number) (my last name) (officers name).

in the follow up email I used this format in the subject : following up for oath form for (file number)(my full name) (officers first name and initials)

Shehzad82

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2017
No I put her first name, the lady that was going over the PowerPoint at the end said either initials or first name is okay. I didn’t know how to spell the last name. In my follow up email though I put first name and initials in brackets
Did you get a response from Scarborough office? I took my oath on Friday, Aug 19th, tracker still shows status as in progress.

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
In the subject I used this format: Oath form for (file number) (my last name) (officers name).

in the follow up email I used this format in the subject : following up for oath form for (file number)(my full name) (officers first name and initials)
The notice I received has following;
* In the subject line of your email, include: “Oath form for [Date and time as indicate on top of notice], [Clerks Initials]”.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
The notice I received has following;
* In the subject line of your email, include: “Oath form for [Date and time as indicate on top of notice], [Clerks Initials]”.
Ohhh mine is different! Mine states the following:
In the subject line of your email, include: “Oath form for [your file number], [your family name]”.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
But the host of the ceremony verbally told us to include the officers first name or initials in the subject of the email. So I included that info as well

Shehzad82

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2017
But the host of the ceremony verbally told us to include the officers first name or initials in the subject of the email. So I included that info as well
Ceremony host asked to include only the officer’s initials as all other info would be in the oath form. So I just stated that in the subject

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Yeah that part confused me too. The host kept saying just add the first name or initials in the subject (no mention of the other required info in the oath letter). So I played it safe and added everything( oath letter instructed and host instructed)

lol yet my tracker is still in progress six days later even after all my due diligence:D

Shehzad82

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2017
Yeah that part confused me too. The host kept saying just add the first name or initials in the subject (no mention of the other required info in the oath letter). So I played it safe and added everything( oath letter instructed and host instructed)

lol yet my tracker is still in progress six days later even after all my due diligence:D
What abt the citizenship ceremony section? What’s the status appearing in your profile?

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hello just giving an update, had interview yesterday Aug 23. They ask for all of your passports, ID's and verify language documents. Before attending interview the only thing complete on my tracker was Background check and Citizenship test, everything else was pending. I am October 2020 applicant.

After the interview, the immigration officer let me know they are running a pilot project where you are able to become a citizen the same day! Just need to surrender your PR card. Waited 30 min was taken into a room where I gave oath with officiant, took pictures, gave me my citizenship certificate and that was it!

I will say though that not everyone who was waiting for their interview were given opportunity to become citizen that day. I am not sure how they choose.

Best of luck to you all.
Are you serious? This is insane, people are waiting for 1-2 years, and now they are running a project where they can complete everything in 1 DAY... Oh the IRCC......

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Does anyone have any advice? I've been waiting forever.
  • Application filed - Sept 2019
  • Citizenship test scheduled - Oct 5, 2021
  • Citizenship test completed - Oct 18, 2021
  • Interview requested for June 9 - May 25, 2022
  • Attended interview at Scarborough office & prohibitions/physical presence/language skills activity status updated - June 9, 2022
  • Currently waiting for Citizenship ceremony.

I've submitted multiple webforms, contacted IRCC, and even wrote to my local MP last week. Nothing.
Do you know why they invited you in for an interview? Is it cause something on your application couldn't be verified or something?