+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

AmandaM25

Aug 22, 2016
Got an email this morning telling me I have to appear for an "In Person" interview at the scarborough office at 11:45AM on August 23rd. Passed my test 5 months ago (19/20). Anyone heard of this in person interview before?

I was sent an email on Monday as well for the exact same date and time for Interview as yours. Completed my Citizenship test on March 28, 2022.

Reactions: BeerBeem

Ana.me

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
I got same email for Aug 23. (my lots of friend too) one of them attend the interview yesterday. After 30 min interview he did OATH ceremony amd he got citizenship paper too.
Wow, is it possible to have Interview, Oath then certficate in one day?!!

aditagar2801

Apr 24, 2019
Any idea on how long it takes to get OATH invitation after every thing gets completed?

Citizenship Application: Paper (Family -4) | Sent: Sept 17, 2021 | AOR: Dec 06, 2021 | Test Invite: Mar 25, 2022 | Test Date: April 1, 2022 | Test Completed: April 1, 2022 | BG verification: Jan 19, 2022 | Language/Prohibition/Presence status: Aug 9, 2022 | Citizenship Oath Letter: Not Started

Sandra141

Dec 7, 2015
Hi all,

I had my oath ceremony yesterday, and today my status tracker says closed and my citizenship has been approved. Does this mean that my certificate has been shipped out?

Thank you for your response in advance.

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Any idea on how long it takes to get OATH invitation after every thing gets completed?

Citizenship Application: Paper (Family -4) | Sent: Sept 17, 2021 | AOR: Dec 06, 2021 | Test Invite: Mar 25, 2022 | Test Date: April 1, 2022 | Test Completed: April 1, 2022 | BG verification: Jan 19, 2022 | Language/Prohibition/Presence status: Aug 9, 2022 | Citizenship Oath Letter: Not Started
you can get it tomorrow. i got the same update yesterday and this morning i got oath update.

Reactions: aditagar2801

flystar2

Aug 6, 2022
That's interesting. I did hear about special oath ceremonies that were conducted in person. But not from Ontario. It was in July in Alberta with around 30 candidates. Don't have any other info about in-person ceremony. Maybe IRCC is testing the waters with in-person event, but the majority of the events now are virtual via zoom with around 100 candidates. 4 sessions a day during the weekdays ( according to the judge presiding the ceremony )
Well I can only relay what I saw, and that was a load of people going in for in person ceremony. Beyond that, on the Facebook page I am on, girl went in for her interview, and immediately after the interview, was directed to another room and did her ceremony in person the same day which I found incredible.
Honestly I am pretty pissed off at this whole thing, it's like the Canadian system has turned into a gong show. I am hearing about people who applied almost a full year AFTER I did, and they've already gotten their oath AND even their passport, and this is not isolated to just me...it's a bunch of haphazard unorganized none sense run by a government that doesn't have it's crap together. Seriously. SO MANY varying stories and inconsistencies all across the board. Sorry for the rant but it's gotten way beyond what one would expect from a country like Canada

ibrahim93

Oct 31, 2016
Just wondering, what is the timeline for DM/Oath ceremony after completing the interview?

Is anyone here waiting for DM/Oath after an interview?

QueenM93

Oct 5, 2021
Well I can only relay what I saw, and that was a load of people going in for in person ceremony. Beyond that, on the Facebook page I am on, girl went in for her interview, and immediately after the interview, was directed to another room and did her ceremony in person the same day which I found incredible.
Honestly I am pretty pissed off at this whole thing, it's like the Canadian system has turned into a gong show. I am hearing about people who applied almost a full year AFTER I did, and they've already gotten their oath AND even their passport, and this is not isolated to just me...it's a bunch of haphazard unorganized none sense run by a government that doesn't have it's crap together. Seriously. SO MANY varying stories and inconsistencies all across the board. Sorry for the rant but it's gotten way beyond what one would expect from a country like Canada
I can't agree more! and they are extremely unaccountable and you can't do anything about it. They have the upper hand and they never pick up the phone or even reply to an email. Even for me I requested my ATIP notes (they replied asking me about which type I want which I already indicated from the dropdown in the request) and then I never heard back since June 20 and it shouldnt exceed 30 CALENDAR DAYS!!!!
I'm still stuck at the Background Check phase (in progress) since March, I did my test and NOTHING AFTER!!! And I can't do anything about it other than wait! I had travel plans in October that I was looking forward to since January of this year - it will very soon be cancelled. It's disgusting honestly! :(

flystar2

Aug 6, 2022
I can't agree more! and they are extremely unaccountable and you can't do anything about it. They have the upper hand and they never pick up the phone or even reply to an email. Even for me I requested my ATIP notes (they replied asking me about which type I want which I already indicated from the dropdown in the request) and then I never heard back since June 20 and it shouldnt exceed 30 CALENDAR DAYS!!!!
I'm still stuck at the Background Check phase (in progress) since March, I did my test and NOTHING AFTER!!! And I can't do anything about it other than wait! I had travel plans in October that I was looking forward to since January of this year - it will very soon be cancelled. It's disgusting honestly! :(
well first off, disregard the background check. With me hardly ANYTHING was checked off except test and one other thing. Then I was called for the interview (in person) then a few days later everything was checked off. My only question now is will my oath be in person or virtual. It affects my future travel as in person you receive the certificate in hand. Otherwise it's another gong show wait for the certificate

Reactions: QueenM93

maheshbhoi_it

Mar 24, 2014
I got same email for Aug 23. (my lots of friend too) one of them attend the interview yesterday. After 30 min interview he did OATH ceremony amd he got citizenship paper too.
Received an email , thanks all for Guidance. Email to IRCC.DNCitMISScheduling-ConvocationMISCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca helped me, I believe there is email ID for each respective Office. this is for Missisuaga, kindly make a note, this may be helpful to community.

Nabobo

Oct 28, 2021
Hello, I am an online applicant on sept15, 2021 and AOR Nov 29, 2021 test completed on March 24,2022, background completed on March 14, 2022 and all others sections completed on July 18,2022 except oath. How long to get the oath date and invite ? Scarborough is my office.
Hello just got an update for my oath scheduled for August 25. No email yet

Reactions: BeerBeem and Ana.me