+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello, my timeline is the following:

Application : Single, ONLINE
Physical Presence : 1100 days
Application sent and received : September 27, 2021.
AOR : December 15, 2021
In Progress : December 16, 2021

Processing Office : Scarborough

Test - Completed
(Invite - June 6, 2022)
(Window - June 10 to June 30, 2022)
(Attempt - June 10, 2022)
(Completed - June 15, 2022) [[this was the last update]]

Background Check - In Progress

Prohibitions - In Progress

Physical Presence - In Progress

Language - In Progress

Oath Ceremony - Not Started

Is it normal ? If anyone else is experiencing the same thing, please share your views.

Forum members kindly share your experience

Regards

Last edited:

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Hello fellows

April 2019 applicant here (I know!), Scarborough office, test completed OUTSIDE Canada in August 2021.

After my citizenship application I had to leave Canada and due to pandemic got stuck outside till present. I had to write citizenship test outside Canada. Today I received the following letter via email from Scarborough office:

============
This is in regards to your application for Canadian Citizenship. You are receiving this notice
because Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) needs more detailed information
from you.
It is noted that you wrote the Citizenship Test from outside Canada. Please reply to this email
with the following information:
- The date you left Canada prior to Citizenship Test invitation
- The date you returned (or intended to return) to Canada
- If you are back in Canada, you are required to provide proof of your return, such as, travel
documents. This may include: travel itinerary, e-booking confirmation, flight confirmation,
boarding pass, Canadian entry stamp.
- A copy of your PR Card.
When responding back to this email please ensure that you include in the subject line-
- OOC – Application/File No.

Please provide this information within 30 days of this email to facilitate the processing of your
application

=============

Anyone received any letters like this? What does it imply? Any specific advice? I don't plan to return to Canada till this November probably.

Thanks in advance
I also got same email today morning. I also left Canada after filing application in March 2019 and did test outside Canada. I have responded back with date I left and my plan of coming back. I think they want to check our availablity for Oath and they do not want us to travel for Oath. It is my guess.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Hello my tracker status just updated with oath date August 17th. Is it normal to say? “Waiting on you”
Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony
New update
Waiting on you

Reactions: Shehzad82

HarveyKeck

Aug 24, 2020
Hello fellows

April 2019 applicant here (I know!), Scarborough office, test completed OUTSIDE Canada in August 2021.

After my citizenship application I had to leave Canada and due to pandemic got stuck outside till present. I had to write citizenship test outside Canada. Today I received the following letter via email from Scarborough office:

============
This is in regards to your application for Canadian Citizenship. You are receiving this notice
because Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) needs more detailed information
from you.
It is noted that you wrote the Citizenship Test from outside Canada. Please reply to this email
with the following information:
- The date you left Canada prior to Citizenship Test invitation
- The date you returned (or intended to return) to Canada
- If you are back in Canada, you are required to provide proof of your return, such as, travel
documents. This may include: travel itinerary, e-booking confirmation, flight confirmation,
boarding pass, Canadian entry stamp.
- A copy of your PR Card.
When responding back to this email please ensure that you include in the subject line-
- OOC – Application/File No.

Please provide this information within 30 days of this email to facilitate the processing of your
application

=============

Anyone received any letters like this? What does it imply? Any specific advice? I don't plan to return to Canada till this November probably.

Thanks in advance
Did this e-mail come after your Language/Prohibition/Physical presence are completed, or before? I think the purpose of this e-mail is to ensure that you are inside Canada in order to take the oath of citizenship.

Qaws

Feb 2, 2022
Folks whose s tracker updated with oath date did it say “waiting on your” is that regular to say this?
Yes, it'll say waiting on you until you take the oath and submit the oath form. Just like the citizenship test, it says waiting on you until you take the test.

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Yes, it'll say waiting on you until you take the oath and submit the oath form. Just like the citizenship test, it says waiting on you until you take the test.
Mine says 'waiting for you' without DM :D :p

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
Hello, my timeline is the following:

Application : Single, ONLINE
Physical Presence : 1100 days
Application sent and received : September 27, 2021.
AOR : December 15, 2021
In Progress : December 16, 2021

Processing Office : Scarborough

Test - Completed
(Invite - June 6, 2022)
(Window - June 10 to June 30, 2022)
(Attempt - June 10, 2022)
(Completed - June 15, 2022) [[this was the last update]]

Background Check - In Progress

Prohibitions - In Progress

Physical Presence - In Progress

Language - In Progress

Oath Ceremony - Not Started

Is it normal ? If anyone else is experiencing the same thing, please share your views.

Forum members kindly share your experience

Regards
For immigration everything is normal .i applied in march 2019 and i done my test 2021 june and still waiting for ceremony so only god knows how they process

Reactions: ROCK ON

Shehzad82

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2017
Hello my tracker status just updated with oath date August 17th. Is it normal to say? “Waiting on you”
Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony
New update
Waiting on you
Congrats! No change for me at this point. What did you write in your email to Scarborough office?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Hi All,
Stats from the 2021 google sheet for SCR/Toronto Location. Highlighted in Green are the changes from last week.
Inferences:
  • Oath ceremonies slots are now open from Mid-August to the End-of-August period
  • Oath being scheduled for June-October Paper Applicants
  • Oath being scheduled for June-August Online Applicants
  • Test invitation being sent for September-October Online Applicants

MonthApplication TypeNo. of Test CompletedNo. Oath ScheduledConversion Rate
AprilFamily9888.9%
MayFamily7685.7%
JuneFamily7685.7%
JulyFamily3133.3%
AugFamily6116.7%
SeptFamily300.0%
OctFamily5240.0%
NovFamily3266.7%
DecFamily300.0%
AprilPaper / Single9777.8%
MayPaper / Single77100.0%
JunePaper / Single9666.7%
JulyPaper / Single6583.3%
AugPaper / Single8675.0%
SeptPaper / Single33100.0%
OctPaper / Single5360.0%
NovPaper / Single00
DecPaper / Single00
AprilOnline / Single181477.8%
MayOnline / Single2727100.0%
JuneOnline / Single13969.2%
JulyOnline / Single15533.3%
AugOnline / Single20210.0%
SeptOnline / Single1700.0%
OctOnline / Single500.0%
NovOnline / Single100.0%
DecOnline / Single00

Last edited:
Reactions: FZ6

YaroJay

Apr 14, 2022
Hi, I emailed the Scarborough office and requested to be scheduled for the oath and this is what I received

Citizenship entails several stages and the Citizenship Test is just one of these stages. Your file is still in process and requires a final review for a decision before your application can proceed forward accordingly.

Hello223

Feb 15, 2022
Hi, I emailed the Scarborough office and requested to be scheduled for the oath and this is what I received

Citizenship entails several stages and the Citizenship Test is just one of these stages. Your file is still in process and requires a final review for a decision before your application can proceed forward accordingly.
When did you take the test?