+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Oh wait. Just to clear Decision made shows at old ECAS not at new tracker. New tracker I guess will stay at In Progress until oath ceremony then after oath it will say closed.
What I have read on the forum is that once IRCC dispatches the citizenship certificate then the application/file is marked closed.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Okay guys so I finally found the courage and emailed the Scarborough office. I replied to the email that sent the test invite (didn’t change the subject line) and requested to be scheduled for the oath. Let’s see what they say
Guys to provide an update they just replied on the same day. This is their response below. Is this normal did other people that contacted them for oath scheduling get a similar response?

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your enquiry has been forwarded to the responsible unit for their review, you will be contacted with the next steps.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website atwww.cic.gc.ca

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Guys to provide an update they just replied on the same day. This is their response below. Is this normal did other people that contacted them for oath scheduling get a similar response?

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your enquiry has been forwarded to the responsible unit for their review, you will be contacted with the next steps.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website atwww.cic.gc.ca
@Jakev @HarveyKeck did you get the same response too? I replied to the test invite email

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Another update! They replied (from scarbourgh citizenship ceremony email address)and said this:

Good day,

Your file is currently in queue to be scheduled for a Virtual Canadian Citizenship Ceremony and an email invitation will be sent to you one week WITHIN the event once the date and time is secured. We are currently scheduling ceremonies for early-mid August, 2022.

Reactions: trumprefugee

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Hello fellows

April 2019 applicant here (I know!), Scarborough office, test completed OUTSIDE Canada in August 2021.

After my citizenship application I had to leave Canada and due to pandemic got stuck outside till present. I had to write citizenship test outside Canada. Today I received the following letter via email from Scarborough office:

============
This is in regards to your application for Canadian Citizenship. You are receiving this notice
because Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) needs more detailed information
from you.
It is noted that you wrote the Citizenship Test from outside Canada. Please reply to this email
with the following information:
- The date you left Canada prior to Citizenship Test invitation
- The date you returned (or intended to return) to Canada
- If you are back in Canada, you are required to provide proof of your return, such as, travel
documents. This may include: travel itinerary, e-booking confirmation, flight confirmation,
boarding pass, Canadian entry stamp.
- A copy of your PR Card.
When responding back to this email please ensure that you include in the subject line-
- OOC – Application/File No.

Please provide this information within 30 days of this email to facilitate the processing of your
application

=============

Anyone received any letters like this? What does it imply? Any specific advice? I don't plan to return to Canada till this November probably.

Thanks in advance

Qaws

Feb 2, 2022
Just finished ceremony. I didn't hear properly about emailing the signed form. Do we include the officer name in the subject line?

Thanks

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Just finished ceremony. I didn't hear properly about emailing the signed form. Do we include the officer name in the subject line?

Thanks
Yep - the officer in your breakout room would have told you that.