+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

fafa3002

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Did anyone receive the test invite email before their tracker was updated? How long after you received the email was the tracker updated for you?

gisellaKH

Apr 16, 2022
Reactions: fafa3002

fafa3002

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I sent an email to scar office checking my status (only bkgd check & test completed in Aug 21) on Apr 1 and received reply same day saying my email already forwarded to the responsible unit and then 2 hours later another reply saying "This is to inform you that your application is in queue to be scheduled for the next event. When you are scheduled for this event, you will be contacted by the local Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) " and then saying this email is not supposed to check application status so on.....

I suspect "that event" is an interview and not oath as my other checks not yet completed.

I requested GCMS notes last Dec 21 and got a reply in Feb 22 but no new updates at all as all info I knew already. There is a due date for prohibition/language/ physical tests to be completed on Mar 20, 2022 but apparently the due date doesn't mean anything as still no progress til now.

From my observation, if one cannot get DM within 3 months after test, it will go to the bottom of the officer's drawer :(
Thank you for the detailed reply, at what stage the DM is made and how it will be visible to us or how can we find it out?

gisellaKH

Apr 16, 2022
Hi gisellaKH,
Thanks for the link. So any suggestions on what we need to do? Do we wait for the tracker to be updated first or can we take the test in the meantime?
I don't think you need the tracker update. I just used the link that they sent in the email and took the test :)

Reactions: fafa3002

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Hi gisellaKH,
Thanks for the link. So any suggestions on what we need to do? Do we wait for the tracker to be updated first or can we take the test in the meantime?
Dont wait on IRCC, they take their own sweet time. Once you receive any communication from them, just follow instructions - be it test invite or oath letter.

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Thank you for the detailed reply, at what stage the DM is made and how it will be visible to us or how can we find it out?
When all checks completed and test done except ceremony. But DM will only show on the old ECAS.

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
When all checks completed and test done except ceremony. But DM will only show on the old ECAS.
Thank you for the reply, in my case all steps are completed since 1st Dec 2021, but in ecase still it reflects in process. Is this mean still decision on my application is pending?

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Thank you for the reply, in my case all steps are completed since 1st Dec 2021, but in ecase still it reflects in process. Is this mean still decision on my application is pending?
If the old ecas shows in process, then I think is still pending. Did you send email to scarborough office and check? or reguest GCMS notes?

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
If the old ecas shows in process, then I think is still pending. Did you send email to scarborough office and check? or reguest GCMS notes?
Yes I sent email, no reply yet. Just to understand, if all steps are completed except the oath still DM is not made, what more they check and what conclude them to change the status to DM?

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Yes I sent email, no reply yet. Just to understand, if all steps are completed except the oath still DM is not made, what more they check and what conclude them to change the status to DM?
i've no idea..perhaps you can post your question in the FB group, i think more people will respond there

tanukisaint

Jun 21, 2021
Hey folks, I'm a May 19, 2021 applicant. My brother and I applied from the same household & within seconds of each other ONLINE. The facts surrounding our case are practically identical except for the fact that we're 2 diff people. Despite us both being in the GTA, his case went to Vancouver, while mine went to Scarborough. His test was taken and marked completed in Feb while mine was marked complete on Jan 25th. Lang, Prohibitions, & Presence still in progress in my case while he's about to have his Oath ceremony tomorrow.

I sent an email to Scarborough convocations email (listed in this thread) asking them if there is any possibility to join him for the Oath. Haven't heard back since last Wed. Any suggestions from anyone? Just be patient I guess? :( It feels like SCR is a blackhole for citizenship applications while other offices are actually doing their job.