+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Fatme2009

Star Member
May 14, 2021
Has anyone who passed their Citizenship test on or after 9th April 2022 got their Citizenship Test status changed from In-Progress to Completed?
It's been 7 business days and yet no update :(
I passed my test April 09 Till now no update I called ircc they told me there’s a 100 of test they have to review Told me u don’t have to call I only have to wait :( the think my application since July 2019 :(

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
I passed my test April 09 Till now no update I called ircc they told me there’s a 100 of test they have to review Told me u don’t have to call I only have to wait :( the think my application since July 2019 :(
Don't worry you are not alone my application is march 2019 and not even decision made

May 30, 2017
I have been sent an invitation for interview on may 5th. They haven't asked for any extra documents. However I had given my test from outside Canada. They have asked to keep my PR card, govt issued photo id(passport), any travel doc, originals of docs used while filing citizenship application..any idea what is the interview for? what do they ask? any pointers to keep in mind? (my background check and test are already completed on 9th Feb 2022)

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
My family member received a response today to a web form that was sent 45 days ago. They already became a citizen and received their citizenship certificate during that time, useless web form!

• Haha
Reactions: BeerBeem

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
I have been sent an invitation for interview on may 5th. They haven't asked for any extra documents. However I had given my test from outside Canada. They have asked to keep my PR card, govt issued photo id(passport), any travel doc, originals of docs used while filing citizenship application..any idea what is the interview for? what do they ask? any pointers to keep in mind? (my background check and test are already completed on 9th Feb 2022)
It may be to verify your original documents or to check on your travel history. Just have an honest conversation with the officer. Usually, applicants receive their oath letter within weeks of an interview.

Reactions: anuragsharad22

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
You could have ended call saying that main reason of call is to wake you up from long sleep rather than knowing the status of my application :)

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Scarborough office reads your email within hours at most, replies, answers your question, but also says you should contact the call centre and web form for future requests so you can wait hours on hold or almost 2 months to get a response.

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hi there, did you get any reply from SCR office?
Is there any update on portal?
I sent an email to scar office checking my status (only bkgd check & test completed in Aug 21) on Apr 1 and received reply same day saying my email already forwarded to the responsible unit and then 2 hours later another reply saying "This is to inform you that your application is in queue to be scheduled for the next event. When you are scheduled for this event, you will be contacted by the local Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) " and then saying this email is not supposed to check application status so on.....

I suspect "that event" is an interview and not oath as my other checks not yet completed.

I requested GCMS notes last Dec 21 and got a reply in Feb 22 but no new updates at all as all info I knew already. There is a due date for prohibition/language/ physical tests to be completed on Mar 20, 2022 but apparently the due date doesn't mean anything as still no progress til now.

From my observation, if one cannot get DM within 3 months after test, it will go to the bottom of the officer's drawer :(