+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

harjitdhir

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone waiting on ceremony date after LPP completed in Feb? Our LPP was updated to complete on Feb 20 and no update on ceremony. Is this normal?
Same boat,
My LPP was completed on 10th Feb and Oath hasn’t started yet. I called them and they said the application is with Scarborough office. Hopefully we hear something soon.

psmtts

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello!

Today my immigration journey comes to an end.

Type - Online
Application - Family(2)
Physical Presence - 1096
Location - Toronto
Submission date- July 16, 2023
Application received- July 16, 2023
AOR- August 15, 2023
Background completed: August 22, 2023
Test: September 1, 2023
In-person interview: February 22, 2024
LPP completed: March 4, 2024
Oath ceremony: March 22, 2024

Good luck everyone!

saidsp

Star Member
May 12, 2020
@vamsee2918 waiting since March 9th but I saw on Facebook groups people are getting ceremony dates from Feb right now mostly.
Type: Online application / Single
Primary VO: Scarborough (As per Test email)
Submitted: Nov 20, 2023
AOR: Dec 13, 2023
Test completed: Feb 07, 2024
BG completed: Feb 20, 2024
LPP completed: March 09, 2024
Oath scheduled: Not Started

Still no update on Oath. Is this normal? We are in same boat.

saidsp

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Same boat,
My LPP was completed on 10th Feb and Oath hasn’t started yet. I called them and they said the application is with Scarborough office. Hopefully we hear something soon.

SAU443

Star Member
Mar 22, 2024
Hello All,

I have submitted my application(online) on Dec 21,2023 and received AOR on Jan 11,2024(Office Scarborough).
After AOR, on Jan 11, I was asked to submit missing document which is a police clearance certificate from Saudi Arabia during the past 5 years.

So, I submitted a covering letter thru webform explaining that a police clearance certificate is not required for non-citizens who does not have legal residence status and not residing in Saudi Arabia as per the IRCC website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html. After few days, I also received confirmation email from IRCC on 02 February, 2024, that the police certificate was received by the responsible office. But unfortunately the tracker was not updated with "Additional information received".

In the meantime, I received the citizenship test invite on Jan 24, 2024 and completed the test on Feb 02, 2024. Eventually, the tracker was last updated on Feb 07, 2024 with only citizenship test completed on Feb 05, 2024. Since then, there was no single update on the tracker and it showing that send us additional information "waiting for you". So again, I resend the document via webform and I received acknowledged receipt of the document from IRCC on March 14, 2024 and they are stating that "due to technical reasons, they may not be in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for the officer review".

There has been no update to my tracker since February 7, 2024. So, my question is, has anyone faced a similar circumstance in which the status has not been updated but the processing is in progress?

Also, if there is no police clearance document, would the process be delayed? However, the above-mentioned IRCC official website explicitly states that "if you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate."

I'm just concerned about my application progress. Any helpful advice in this case would be greatly appreciated.

Below are my timelines
Application submitted : Dec 21, 2023
AOR : Jan 11, 2024
Additional information required: Jan 11, 2024
Scheduled citizenship test: Feb 2, 2024
Citizenship completed : Feb 5, 2024

LLP = In-progress
BG = In-progress

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
@SAU443 Nothing wrong with your application progress. No December applications have had background check completed in the last 2/3 weeks. I'd believe the feedback from them, but for peace of mind you can call the call center.

But to your point about application progress, nothing to do with you at all. I'd say you are fine.

SAU443

Star Member
Mar 22, 2024
@SAU443 Nothing wrong with your application progress. No December applications have had background check completed in the last 2/3 weeks. I'd believe the feedback from them, but for peace of mind you can call the call center.

But to your point about application progress, nothing to do with you at all. I'd say you are fine.
Thanks @kloppity for your response. It also concerned that why the status was still showing "send additional information -waiting on you". Although, two times I have already sent the documents thru webforms. Moreover, call center are not reachable most of the time, it's busy. Right on, the only thing, I can be relied on the acknowledgement emails received from the IRCC confirming the receipt of the documents

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019

@saidsp I think by the end of this month we should get Oath update.

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
If anyone can help me with the below:

1. I have been scheduled for the oath and it says the time (9 am Atlantic time). Is Toronto time the same?

2. I have a newborn and I can’t really be away from her for the duration of the oath. Is it ok to keep her nearby? Or in my arms?

AviusAnima

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
If anyone can help me with the below:

1. I have been scheduled for the oath and it says the time (9 am Atlantic time). Is Toronto time the same?

2. I have a newborn and I can’t really be away from her for the duration of the oath. Is it ok to keep her nearby? Or in my arms?
Hi, congrats on your oath. Atlantic time is an hour ahead of Toronto (Eastern) I believe.

Not sure about the newborn question unfortunately, perhaps someone else can jump in.

Reactions: Jorela

saidsp

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Its been over a month since LPP updated. Raised a webform, but as usual no response. It just doesnt make sense how random this whole process is. Hope you get yours soon!
Same mine as well. LPP completed on March 09. Scarborough Office. No update after that. I guess we might get oath in May.

zain ahmed

Apr 7, 2013
can anyone tell me the contact number and best time for contacting IRCC for my citizenship application?

below is my timeline and I am worried.

Processing Office - SCR
App - single
App Submitted - mar 26, 2023
AOR - May 15, 2023
BGC -in progress
Test Completed - June 8, 2023
Ghost Update - Oct 27, 2023
LPP Completed - inprogress