Zealtoachieve

Jun 14, 2021
Hi All,
Got an update today..
Type: Online application - Family (3)
Office: Scarborough, ON
Submitted: Nov 10, 2023
AOR: Dec 5,2023
Citizenship test completed: Dec 28,2023 and Spouse on Jan 2, 2024.
Background check completed: Feb 22, 2024

Language skills, physical presence and prohibitions checks still In Progress.
LPP completed : March 11,2024(updated on March 13)
Oath Scheduled: 8th April, 2024(updated on March 16)
Hope all of you get your’s soon too

ameens313

Mar 16, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I'm still eagerly awaiting news on my Citizenship grant. Approaching the 14-month mark on March 24th. Surprisingly, my file, previously at IRCC Scarborough, was moved to Montreal on March 14th. The reason for this transfer remains unknown to me.
Here's the current status of my application:
  • Location applied from: GTA, Ontario
  • Applied: January 2023
  • AOR: February 6, 2023
  • Background completed: March 10, 2023
  • Scheduled for Test: March 31, 2023
  • Citizenship Test completed: May 9, 2023
  • Interview Required: February 22, 2024
  • LPP Completed: March 4, 2024
  • Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started as of March 18th
Recent Updates:
  • Ghost Update: March 6, 2024
  • Ghost Update: March 14, 2024
Some additional insights:
  • On March 12th, I contacted IRCC as there were no updates. The agent assured me that everything appears fine on their end and I should receive the Oath soon, but couldn't provide a specific timeframe.
  • I emailed IRCC Scarborough on March 13th to schedule the Oath but received a response stating my application isn't ready yet and is awaiting clearances from partner agencies.
  • Following up on March 14th, I called IRCC again and mentioned the email from Scarborough regarding the clearance holdup. After a brief hold, the agent informed me of a new update on my file indicating it's "all clear for oath," which aligns with the March 14th ghost update.
  • Emailed IRCC Scarborough again on Mar 14, describing the correspondence with IRCC helpline. I got another email response within 15 mins. The response was that my application has been moved to Montreal. Please reach out to IRCC helpline for any more details.
  • March 15th, upon calling IRCC, the agent confirmed my application is with Montreal and there are no issues, indicating it's ready for the oath.
  • As of March 18th, the ceremony status remains "not started."
Has anyone encountered a file transfer after background and LPP completion? If so, is this a standard procedure, or could my file be undergoing additional reviews, such as an E-Grant review?
Additionally, I've heard mixed reviews about the scheduling timeframe of the Montreal office for oaths. Can anyone share their experiences?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
I am not sure if its just me or others had this experience too, I have my ceremony on March 27th and it was scheduled and invite sent by Scarborough Office.

However, when I checked upcoming ceremonies here on March 27th one doesn't exist for Scarborough? How is that? Is it because it is Virtual?

krishtian

Star Member
Nov 7, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I'm still eagerly awaiting news on my Citizenship grant. Approaching the 14-month mark on March 24th. Surprisingly, my file, previously at IRCC Scarborough, was moved to Montreal on March 14th. The reason for this transfer remains unknown to me.
Here's the current status of my application:
  • Location applied from: GTA, Ontario
  • Applied: January 2023
  • AOR: February 6, 2023
  • Background completed: March 10, 2023
  • Scheduled for Test: March 31, 2023
  • Citizenship Test completed: May 9, 2023
  • Interview Required: February 22, 2024
  • LPP Completed: March 4, 2024
  • Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started as of March 18th
Recent Updates:
  • Ghost Update: March 6, 2024
  • Ghost Update: March 14, 2024
Some additional insights:
  • On March 12th, I contacted IRCC as there were no updates. The agent assured me that everything appears fine on their end and I should receive the Oath soon, but couldn't provide a specific timeframe.
  • I emailed IRCC Scarborough on March 13th to schedule the Oath but received a response stating my application isn't ready yet and is awaiting clearances from partner agencies.
  • Following up on March 14th, I called IRCC again and mentioned the email from Scarborough regarding the clearance holdup. After a brief hold, the agent informed me of a new update on my file indicating it's "all clear for oath," which aligns with the March 14th ghost update.
  • Emailed IRCC Scarborough again on Mar 14, describing the correspondence with IRCC helpline. I got another email response within 15 mins. The response was that my application has been moved to Montreal. Please reach out to IRCC helpline for any more details.
  • March 15th, upon calling IRCC, the agent confirmed my application is with Montreal and there are no issues, indicating it's ready for the oath.
  • As of March 18th, the ceremony status remains "not started."
Has anyone encountered a file transfer after background and LPP completion? If so, is this a standard procedure, or could my file be undergoing additional reviews, such as an E-Grant review?
Additionally, I've heard mixed reviews about the scheduling timeframe of the Montreal office for oaths. Can anyone share their experiences?
I mentioned that our test came from Scr, while we were in Mississauga, the Oath came in from Montreal office and scheduled for tomorrow.
I would refrain from calling back and forth with Scr and IRCC as you can make your case more confusing.

krishtian

Star Member
Nov 7, 2020
I am not sure if its just me or others had this experience too, I have my ceremony on March 27th and it was scheduled and invite sent by Scarborough Office.

However, when I checked upcoming ceremonies here on March 27th one doesn't exist for Scarborough? How is that? Is it because it is Virtual?
It is virtual, Scr has no in-person ceremonies, only if you had an interview they can grant you with Oath right away.

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
I have my oath scheduled for Thursday. I am very worried because I have my driver's license with old address and it's not matching with my address on file. The problem with health card is my middle name's first initial is only there where as standard health card in Ontario has full middle name.

Do you think that my driver's licence with old address and PR card will be accepted?

Note: I used my health card while submitting my citizenship application. I am just worried about oath now. These 2 days will be like 20 years.

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
I have my oath scheduled for Thursday. I am very worried because I have my driver's license with old address and it's not matching with my address on file. The problem with health card is my middle name's first initial is only there where as standard health card in Ontario has full middle name.

Do you think that my driver's licence with old address and PR card will be accepted?

Note: I used my health card while submitting my citizenship application. I am just worried about oath now. These 2 days will be like 20 years.
Check my reply in the October group

vamsee2918

May 15, 2021
Is anyone waiting on ceremony date after LPP completed in Feb? Our LPP was updated to complete on Feb 20 and no update on ceremony. Is this normal?