+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
What is the advantage of in-person ceremony over online ceremony? Do I get certificate faster for in-person ceremony ? If I choose online ceremony when I am already scheduled for in-person ceremony, will I get rescheduled for a later date?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi guys
1. I just called Ircc and they told me my application was assigned to primary office in SCR and secondary office in Sydney NS. Would this be normal thing?

2. If an interview was assigned and the officer asked me to show original overseas police COC clearance meanwhile I only have the scanned docs, would this be permitted?

3. I plan to move out from my house here in Scarborough and might move to Kitchener. What would happen to my application if I update my address? Would my application be moved to Kitchener office and be faster?

Thanks
1. That is normal. Sydney office does the LPP and SCR office take care of test and oath once LPP is done.
2. Interview officer will ask for original documents mostly.
3. Whenever you update the address with them, it will transfer your file to the local office but in any case the primary office will still be Sydney.

Reactions: skidmarkz

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
What is the advantage of in-person ceremony over online ceremony? Do I get certificate faster for in-person ceremony ? If I choose online ceremony when I am already scheduled for in-person ceremony, will I get rescheduled for a later date?
In person just gives you the advantage of getting certificate right away. Rest of the process is same for both.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
You get the certificate at the end of your ceremony.

Reactions: myindia

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Does anyone know for what purposes I can email to this address: ircc.dnscrcitizenshipgtacen-rgtreccitoyennetescrrn.ircc@cic.gc.ca ?
Well, if you do you will receive an auto response as below:

THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC REPLY

You have reached the Scarborough Citizenship Ceremony inbox.

If you submitted your signed oath form, this is your confirmation of receipt.

If your email is related to anything other than the Ceremonies or citizenship certificates please contact our Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) OR use the online Web form (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp). You will not receive a response to your enquiry via this email.

All enquiries are processed within two business days.

Regards,
Scarborough IRCC Team

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
I received my oath scheduled for July 24. Scarborough office. Just wondering it would be inperson or virtual.
Anyone got oath on July 24?
Thanks

Reactions: Semeg

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015
I received my oath scheduled for July 24. Scarborough office. Just wondering it would be inperson or virtual.
Anyone got oath on July 24?
Thanks
Call client support, they will tell you whether virtual or in person ceremony.

Reactions: Anncs

lila777

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
In person just gives you the advantage of getting certificate right away. Rest of the process is same for both.
Really? Is it a standard policy? I thought that if you have a paper certificate you still have to wait to get it in post for 2+ weeks.