+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Mus87

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Spoke with someone who knows someone at the Scr office and it seems there are still a substantial number of 2019 applicants still waiting and they are trying to schedule the oath for 2019 to 2020 applicants sooner i.e. between Dec 21 to March 22 depending on available slots and dates. All those who have been given oath dates of March 2022 onwards are the applicants whose files were processed faster for whatever reason. But apparently it is a different team altogether who schedules oaths so its another queue your application sits in before being picked up after DM….. Not sure how long this wait will last.
Thank you for sharing. Any kind of hope is great. I’m still waiting for DM since I sent my PP copies early September. I don’t know if that same team is handling it or not since my application isn’t Oath ready yet. Anyways I have been waiting since April 2019 so I’m kinda over it now and did everything I could at this point.

Reactions: royce110

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for sharing. Any kind of hope is great. I’m still waiting for DM since I sent my PP copies early September. I don’t know if that same team is handling it or not since my application isn’t Oath ready yet. Anyways I have been waiting since April 2019 so I’m kinda over it now and did everything I could at this point.
In your case the file would be with the officer who will decide on your application, one they decide and DM it goes to another queue and waits for oath. But looking at your case they should really be prioritizing 2019 files. Have you tried ordering notes to make sure the file is not stuck anywhere? Normally it can take several weeks to months for DM after PP and that is not guaranteed either, they might call for interview etc.

Mus87

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
In your case the file would be with the officer who will decide on your application, one they decide and DM it goes to another queue and waits for oath. But looking at your case they should really be prioritizing 2019 files. Have you tried ordering notes to make sure the file is not stuck anywhere? Normally it can take several weeks to months for DM after PP and that is not guaranteed either, they might call for interview etc.
Thank you again for your insight. I ordered the ATIP notes multiple times, contacted my MP twice and even had an immigration lawyer look at my ATIP notes. No red flags apparently and nothing pending. Seems like just a waiting game at this point even though I applied for urgent processing due to my mother’s health condition and provided proof of that.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Spoke with someone who knows someone at the Scr office and it seems there are still a substantial number of 2019 applicants still waiting and they are trying to schedule the oath for 2019 to 2020 applicants sooner i.e. between Dec 21 to March 22 depending on available slots and dates. All those who have been given oath dates of March 2022 onwards are the applicants whose files were processed faster for whatever reason. But apparently it is a different team altogether who schedules oaths so its another queue your application sits in before being picked up after DM….. Not sure how long this wait will last.
Get this, IRCC processed 65% of fiscal year April 2019-March 2020 applications. To date, there are still finalizing August 2019 applications from the remaining 35%. They are lying if they say they are trying to schedule 2019 applications. They are the least important to them. They want to schedule later applicants to meet their target for later fiscal years. It's very shameful how they operate our of self interest without any regard to the applicant's order in the queue.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Bro, can you use your contact educate them to go and look how Macdonald manage to serve better than IRCC, how they upheld the Canadian values by treating each candidate fair.
If you complain to a MacDonald manager, they will listen to you and do whatever possible to make you happy. If you complain to the shameful IRCC, they will punish you by delaying your application even more. I think this is what is happening with me. I complained and now they are punishing me. They don't want anyone to criticize them.

Reactions: Soundgood

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Oath was on Nov 26. eCAS changed to Complete, and status changed to Closed on the new website on Nov 30th.

Any idea how long it takes to receive certificate once ecas changes to Complete?

March 2020 applicant.
Got certificate yesterday on Dec 3.

Good luck everyone.

Reactions: aakif2013

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Does anyone know if Scarborough passport office is accepting non emergency applications via walk ins?

Or is it still accepting only urgent applications and others need to go via service Canada?

hungtington

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
I got DM on Oct 28, but no oath yet. I am a 2019 applicant…

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
By the way Scarborough office is sending invite for citizen ship exam every 3 weeks, mostly on Thursdays. Based on this next test invite will be on Dec 23rd/2021...

ana0911

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
I’m 2019 March applicant! I have received for the oath date on March 4th 2022. Hope you will get your soon. I know many of people are tired about the long process. Just little bit patience man.
Congratulations.When did you receive the oath update?
Have you received an email for the oath yet or it was just on the tracker.

Reactions: kurdi12

kurdi12

Jul 8, 2019
Congratulations.When did you receive the oath update?
Have you received an email for the oath yet or it was just on the tracker.
I have received it on November 23rd,2021! No not yet. I believe they will send email before week the ceremony. I just got update on my tracker

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Just realized my application is being processed by scarborough office. Here is my timeline:

application received: May 2021
AOR: august 2021
In-process: September 2021
BC complete: October 2021
Test completed and updated on system: November 2021
Now waiting for next steps