+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC response delay after sending application

elpisco514

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hello, I am sponsoring my wife and it has been more than 2 months now that IRCC received our application and still no news.
Anyone know how long it takes to have an email from IRCC after they received our application?

Thank you for your help!

snowmint

Nov 12, 2014
Hello, I am sponsoring my wife and it has been more than 2 months now that IRCC received our application and still no news.
Anyone know how long it takes to have an email from IRCC after they received our application?

Thank you for your help!
Hi, there are multiple factors which could affect the timeline. for example paper or online application / inside Canada or Outside Canada etc.
what I have noticed for Online and Outside Canada application the AOR would be received some where after 2 months and before the end of 4th month in some cases. Lately, post covid these timelines are getting better as they have hired more employees particularly for spouse sponsorship.
In the meanwhile, try to link your application on GCKey portal and also or PR Tracker portal to receive more updates regularly.

elpisco514

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hi, there are multiple factors which could affect the timeline. for example paper or online application / inside Canada or Outside Canada etc.
what I have noticed for Online and Outside Canada application the AOR would be received some where after 2 months and before the end of 4th month in some cases. Lately, post covid these timelines are getting better as they have hired more employees particularly for spouse sponsorship.
In the meanwhile, try to link your application on GCKey portal and also or PR Tracker portal to receive more updates regularly.
Thanks for your quick answer. Our application is paper application and my spouse is outside of Canada. I sent that to their office in nova scotia in early october. I will do what you suggested, have a good day!

1996kaur

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Thanks for your quick answer. Our application is paper application and my spouse is outside of Canada. I sent that to their office in nova scotia in early october. I will do what you suggested, have a good day!
Hi, I think from september 23 onwrads, IRCC is not accepting paper application for spousal sponsorship. Please check this link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

As of September 23, 2022, it is now mandatory to apply online. If you can't apply online, and require accommodations, including for a disability, you can ask for the application in another format (paper, braille or large print).

Reactions: YVR123

elpisco514

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hi, I think from september 23 onwrads, IRCC is not accepting paper application for spousal sponsorship. Please check this link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

As of September 23, 2022, it is now mandatory to apply online. If you can't apply online, and require accommodations, including for a disability, you can ask for the application in another format (paper, braille or large print).
I have read that but I sent our application 1 week and a half after september 23 and I would expect them to return my paper application if they didn't accept that. I required a signature when they receive it and I got a confirmation they did receive it.