+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Email about current physical address

d3ftar

Mar 19, 2021
I received the following mail from IRCC email. IRCC.Agent-Agent.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
I did not see any message in the portal though. Is this email genuine and should I respond to it ?

Dear client,

We require some information for the furtherance of your file. Please provide your current residential (physical) address and the date you began living there. We require the same information for any and all dependents.

You can provide this information by responding directly to this email by 2021-04-07.

Thank you,

AS25032

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Yes, it is.
What is your stream and do you know what your visa office is?

Last edited:

d3ftar

Mar 19, 2021
I am not sure about my visa office ( never applied for GCMS notes ). I am FSW - 0, Nov 2020 AOR, Medicals and Biometrics done.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I was just wondering what they are doing with fsw applications. There were so few updates on fsw lately. You can also call to find out your visa office.

Any movement is good news now. If you have time, you can try to make a call and ask the agent at what stage they are processing your applications. Most likely they are doing background check.

rd555

Oct 19, 2020
I too got the email from IRCC agent asking for current residential/physical address.

FSW - O (USA)

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I too got the email from IRCC agent asking for current residential/physical address.

FSW - O (USA)
Interesting, I saw many people from July to Nov who applied from the US received this email. Not sure about FSW applicant from other countries.
Do you know what your visa office is?

rd555

Oct 19, 2020
Interesting, I saw many people from July to Nov who applied from the US received this email. Not sure about FSW applicant from other countries.
Do you know what your visa office is?
Yes - my file was being processed in Montreal

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Yes - my file was being processed in Montreal
Looks like Montreal is processing applications but Ottawa is still dead. Saw some recent FSW PPRs from the US on immitracker and many were from the Montreal office.

Last edited:

johnnywasserman

Nov 27, 2020
Hi I received the same email too. Did any of you receive any update after you provided the info.
I am an FSW-O applicant currently residing in the US.
AOR - 3rd Nov 2020
Medicals and Biometrics both done in the US

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Hi I received the same email too. Did any of you receive any update after you provided the info.
I am an FSW-O applicant currently residing in the US.
AOR - 3rd Nov 2020
Medicals and Biometrics both done in the US
Do you know what is your visa office? Is it also Montreal?

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Dont know. Have ordered GCMS notes, yet to arrive
Seems many applicants from the US received it. Don’t expect too much. I think most likely they are just doing background check. I haven’t seen PPRs issued to outland applicants recently.

Last edited: