+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC delaying my application with no help or correspondence, any insight?

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
Hey all,

Would really love some input as I've been up and down several threads, help forums, etc. looking for any time lines or help, or hell even an answer as to what is happening. So far I've come up with nothing aside from "IRCC Sucks" but I obviously want to try and dive deeper.

we submitted for inland spousal in Jan 2023, got eligibility early march and all sections changed to completed near the end of April. Not long after all sections changed, we were given a CoPR number (roughly April 28). Since then has been calls to IRCC weekly, with little new information or mostly useless advise like "Just wait". After a month of that, we called our local MP and he found an outstanding balance on the file causing a snag. Now we had to call IRCC FIVE MORE TIMES to figure out how much this fee was and how to pay it. Since then we have been told Officers are aware of the problem and handling it, but no one wants to tell us why this is going on, or why we need to call over 8 times to get a piece of information they can all provide (check my signature for a more in depth look at the calls and steps made so far).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey all,

Would really love some input as I've been up and down several threads, help forums, etc. looking for any time lines or help, or hell even an answer as to what is happening. So far I've come up with nothing aside from "IRCC Sucks" but I obviously want to try and dive deeper.

we submitted for inland spousal in Jan 2023, got eligibility early march and all sections changed to completed near the end of April. Not long after all sections changed, we were given a CoPR number (roughly April 28). Since then has been calls to IRCC weekly, with little new information or mostly useless advise like "Just wait". After a month of that, we called our local MP and he found an outstanding balance on the file causing a snag. Now we had to call IRCC FIVE MORE TIMES to figure out how much this fee was and how to pay it. Since then we have been told Officers are aware of the problem and handling it, but no one wants to tell us why this is going on, or why we need to call over 8 times to get a piece of information they can all provide (check my signature for a more in depth look at the calls and steps made so far).
The customer service agents can only see a portion of your file so they likely can’t help you if they can’t see what the issue is. Would suggest sending in a webform or asking your MP to look into it.

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
The customer service agents can only see a portion of your file so they likely can’t help you if they can’t see what the issue is. Would suggest sending in a webform or asking your MP to look into it.
See I do understand that, but for example, when we called for a month no one said there was any problems, said it's all done just wait. When we got the MP involved, he immediately found a fee. We called IRCC to ask about the fee, and it took us 5 attempts talking to the agents to find the fee. Which means it's viewable to the agents, is the fact it took 5 calls evidence of agents choosing whether or not to fully look into a file?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey all,

July 24 - Called local MP to make note of what was said last week, MP states to not worry about the Friday agent as he confirmed already with his liaison that the application is completed and approved. When commenting on the officer notes, he stated that we are more than likely going to receive more info from them than he is at this stage, and it should be in the works.
First thing in dive deeper is that very little happens in IRCC in less than two weeks. Understand your frustration, but suggest waiting at least a week, better ten days, after your most recent call with MP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
See I do understand that, but for example, when we called for a month no one said there was any problems, said it's all done just wait. When we got the MP involved, he immediately found a fee. We called IRCC to ask about the fee, and it took us 5 attempts talking to the agents to find the fee. Which means it's viewable to the agents, is the fact it took 5 calls evidence of agents choosing whether or not to fully look into a file?
The agents are taught to answer very basic questions, there is tons of turnover and they don’t have access to all the file information. It is better to send in a webform although your have to wait longer for a response.