+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC ACCRA Visa Office - Passport Processing Delay for Students

colaref_ange

Feb 13, 2023
Hi,

It been over 2 months since Accra office asked for my passport and I still do not have any update yet?

Can somone explain to me why they are keeping my passport in their office for more than 2 months?

I plan to travel to another country soon, is it appropriate to withdraw my application in order to get my passport?

I am also planning to file a court application against IRCC Accra for holding my passport in their office for months.

I totally do not understand why they are holding my passport in their office for over several months, if they aren't gonna give me the visa, they should refuse my application and give me back my passport to travel elsewhere.

What is the best course of action I need to take now?

Jan 23, 2023
Hi,

It been over 2 months since Accra office asked for my passport and I still do not have any update yet?

Can somone explain to me why they are keeping my passport in their office for more than 2 months?

I plan to travel to another country soon, is it appropriate to withdraw my application in order to get my passport?

I am also planning to file a court application against IRCC Accra for holding my passport in their office for months.

I totally do not understand why they are holding my passport in their office for over several months, if they aren't gonna give me the visa, they should refuse my application and give me back my passport to travel elsewhere.

What is the best course of action I need to take now?
It’s been a month and a week since I submitted my passport and it’s still under process at the IRCC office. When did you drop off your passport at VFS?