+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Abu Dhabi Processing Time, how long does it take?

ennaroe23

Star Member
Apr 21, 2021
Hi,
Could you update us on you case, please? Have you received your CoPR from Abu Dhabi office?
I submitted my passport on 27 July, VFS Dubai told me that it'll take up to 4 weeks, however, over the photo, they said 10 days!!
Hi there when you resubmitted? It only says uploaded not submitted to IRCC right? I am just anxious if they have received mine.

Hi there, I received a request for an additional document... submitted them on July 4th 2022. I am applying from Bahrain and my papers are in Abu Dhabi center. Anyone who has the same timeline? BTW I am applying for an open working permit in Yukon.

Thank you.

Reactions: Mustafasj142

nathant

Jul 27, 2022
Hi,

Applied for FSW/EE in May 2020, and I got ITA in Oct 2020. First round meds and biometrics was Dec 2020.
After that it was all quiet due to COVID I guess.
Then in early May 2022, I was asked to resubmit police clearance from my current country only as well as a new round of medical results.

I submitted everything on 19th May and got the “Ready for Visa” email on 25th May.
Submitted my passport on 30th May, and was told it could take up to a month to get it back (by VFS).

Was just going through random posts here and it seems there a lot of rejections in Abu Dhabi IRCC for arbitrary reasons.
Hey any update on your application?
My timeline is almost similar to yours but received my PPR on June 15th and submitted it on June 22nd. Recieved and under process at IRCC since June 23rd but no update since. I need to travel by August 8th and have not received any contact from them. Unsure of when my passport will be sent back to me and my GCKey profile hasnt shown any update either.

would really help to know of your experience.

LuckyAH

Oct 4, 2020
Hey any update on your application?
My timeline is almost similar to yours but received my PPR on June 15th and submitted it on June 22nd. Recieved and under process at IRCC since June 23rd but no update since. I need to travel by August 8th and have not received any contact from them. Unsure of when my passport will be sent back to me and my GCKey profile hasnt shown any update either.

would really help to know of your experience.
Hello,
My experience post PPR was very fast. Like I may have mentioned, I got my PPR on 25th May 22, and submitted the passport on 30th May. Was getting daily updates on my status and finally got the visa and COPR approved on June 6th. I think I received the package at my home on the 11th June.
I am residing in Qatar so I am not sure if that made any difference. Bear in mind with Eid al Adha you basically had a week where nothing could have happened (10th July to 14th July)
I would say continue to sit tight and it will work out. You have been patient this long, a lil bit more to go.

nathant

Jul 27, 2022
Hello,
My experience post PPR was very fast. Like I may have mentioned, I got my PPR on 25th May 22, and submitted the passport on 30th May. Was getting daily updates on my status and finally got the visa and COPR approved on June 6th. I think I received the package at my home on the 11th June.
I am residing in Qatar so I am not sure if that made any difference. Bear in mind with Eid al Adha you basically had a week where nothing could have happened (10th July to 14th July)
I would say continue to sit tight and it will work out. You have been patient this long, a lil bit more to go.
That works out to about 10 business days. Very quick. I reside in Dubai and in my case, it has already been 23 business days (35 calender days including Eid and public holidays). I'm panicking a bit only because I will need to leave the country somehow on August 8th and hoping things work out by then. *fingers crossed*

Mustafasj142

Jul 12, 2022
Hi there when you resubmitted? It only says uploaded not submitted to IRCC right? I am just anxious if they have received mine.

Hi there, I received a request for an additional document... submitted them on July 4th 2022. I am applying from Bahrain and my papers are in Abu Dhabi center. Anyone who has the same timeline? BTW I am applying for an open working permit in Yukon.

Thank you.
Hi, I'm not sure if we are in the same situation, in my case, I received the email to visit the nearest Visa Application Centre to submit the passports in order to get the Confirmation of PR. (my file is Express Entry/PNP).
In your case, when they asked you to submit/upload additional documents. Yes, I think you need to upload it to the IRCC system through your account.
I had been asked to submit additional documents (an explanation letter for some deposits to my bank account, and then asked to submit a bank statement for the last 6 months), this was between 28 June and 26 July.

thaen

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
Hi,

Applied for FSW/EE in May 2020, and I got ITA in Oct 2020. First round meds and biometrics was Dec 2020.
After that it was all quiet due to COVID I guess.
Then in early May 2022, I was asked to resubmit police clearance from my current country only as well as a new round of medical results.

I submitted everything on 19th May and got the “Ready for Visa” email on 25th May.
Submitted my passport on 30th May, and was told it could take up to a month to get it back (by VFS).

Was just going through random posts here and it seems there a lot of rejections in Abu Dhabi IRCC for arbitrary reasons.
when did you received passport back? is visa approved?

SaharEl

Feb 24, 2022
I’m still waiting to receive my mother passport from IRCC Abu Dhabi, is under process since May 16, 2023. Dose any one know how long it will take?!

praveensam

Star Member
May 26, 2023
If in case , its delaying and crossed more then 21 days , use below form to fill ,they are considering the request if it more then mentioned time

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Abu+Dhabi

And an intresting answer from google bard

According to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website, the processing time for passport stamping at the Canada IRCC in Abu Dhabi is typically 2 to 6 weeks. However, the actual processing time may vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for, the complexity of your application, and the current workload of the office.

Here are some factors that may affect the processing time for your passport stamping:

• The type of visa you are applying for: Some types of visas, such as visitor visas, are processed more quickly than others, such as work visas.
  • The complexity of your application: If your application is complex, it may take longer to process. This could be due to factors such as missing documentation, incomplete applications, or a need for additional information.
  • The current workload of the office: The workload of the Canada IRCC in Abu Dhabi can fluctuate depending on a number of factors, such as the time of year and the number of applications received. If the office is understaffed or has a high volume of applications, it may take longer to process your passport.
If you need your passport stamped urgently, you can request expedited processing. However, there is an additional fee for this service.

To check the status of your passport stamping application, you can use the IRCC's online tracking tool. You can also contact the Canada IRCC in Abu Dhabi for more information.

Here are the steps on how to check the status of your passport stamping application:

1. Go to the IRCC website and click on the "Track My Application" tab.
  2. Enter your application number and last name.
  3. Click on the "Submit" button.
  4. The IRCC website will display the status of your application.
If you have any questions about the processing time for passport stamping at the Canada IRCC in Abu Dhabi, you can contact the IRCC office

andy.ad41

Aug 22, 2023
That works out to about 10 business days. Very quick. I reside in Dubai and in my case, it has already been 23 business days (35 calender days including Eid and public holidays). I'm panicking a bit only because I will need to leave the country somehow on August 8th and hoping things work out by then. *fingers crossed*
@praveensam have you received your passport ? if yes please share your timeline.

Mosadarey

Star Member
May 31, 2023
Hi Nathant,

yes I recieved after 21 days of submission ,

Hope you will get it soon , all the best
You said after 21 days, counting of the days starts from when please? is it from when I submitted to VFS or from when IRCC received my passport?