+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Iraq Police Certificate

zahramaslavi

Apr 9, 2018
Hi,
I need help regarding Iraq Police Certificate for my express entry application.
I got IOT about 2 month ago and as you guys know I have to provide the police certificate of all places I lived during the last 10 years. I lived in Iraq for 4 years (as I was Iraqi - then got married with an Iranian guy and now I am Iranian). Only about 8 or 9 month of the time I lived in Iraq falls under the last 10 years.
The problem is when I was looking for the requirement I found this page
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/iraq.html
which is saying you don't need to provide Iraqi police report. Now after I almost have all the documents ready and uploaded online I see that there is an upload section for Iraq police certificate. I don't really know what to do now that I only have 35 days left to submit my application.
I've been living and working in Vancouver, BC, Canada for four years now. Also the application for Iraqi police certificate is very difficult. I could not even find any form or instruction of how to do that outside Iraq. Maybe I need to go to the Iraqi embassy in Ottawa, but I'm not even sure if they really provide that service.

So now I wonder what are my options considering the fact that they mentioned we don't need to provide Iraqi police certificate unless they ask.

Can anybody please help on this matter?

canadakz

Jul 28, 2018
Hi,
I got IOT about 2 month ago and as you guys know I have to provide the police certificate of all places I lived during the last 10 years. I lived in Iraq for 4 years (as I was Iraqi - then got married with an Iranian guy and now I am Iranian). Only about 8 or 9 month of the time I lived in Iraq falls under the last 10 years.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/iraq.html
which is saying you don't need to provide Iraqi police report. Now after I almost have all the documents ready and uploaded online I see that there is an upload section for Iraq police certificate. I don't really know what to do now that I only have 35 days left to submit my application.
I've been living and working in Vancouver, BC, Canada for four years now. Also the application for Iraqi police certificate is very difficult. I could not even find any form or instruction of how to do that outside Iraq. Maybe I need to go to the Iraqi embassy in Ottawa, but I'm not even sure if they really provide that service.

So now I wonder what are my options considering the fact that they mentioned we don't need to provide Iraqi police certificate unless they ask.

Hi Dear
Have you been abel to obtain the certificate ?
I am having the same issue.

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Good day!

I just would like to share my experience on how to obtain Iraq PCC if you are an in-Canada applicant. I thought this was an impossible thing to do, but IT IS. It will just take so much time to wait. You will need lots of patience.

1. I called up Iraq Consulate Montreal to request an appointment for the PCC application (Here they will instruct you what to bring and what date/time you can come).. You may check their number in GoogleMaps.

2. On the day of application, I brought with me passport photos, passport, and USD 9.00. I Did my finger-printing and got the photocopy of my application receipt (I requested to have a copy of this receipt to prove to IRCC that I have already applied for it, just in case they make a follow-up).

3. Waited. Tedious follow-ups. You need Patience, patience, and patience (Due to pandemic, there really was a delay in the service). I would suggest doing it earlier, so as to avoid pending your application

4. Iraq Consulate Montreal called me, telling me it's already available for pick-up. (Again, I have to go there personally in Montreal to do "another finger-printing").

5. Finger-print and Receive the document.

My happiness was indeed immeasurable. At first, I don't know where to start. I've searched this forum to get information on how to obtain it but we all have different cases. So I can't find one exactly. People who came to this point thought that it was really impossible and that we need to have someone represent us in Baghdad, Iraq. But the Iraq Consulate had done everything in place. I was so glad and thankful for them.

abinayas037

Apr 29, 2023
Hi,

Hi, where you able to obtain for Iraq PCC? If yes please provide us some more info. It would be really grateful. Thanks in advance.