+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS QUESTION

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
1) No. We did not ask anything to IQAS.
2) We send all 3 transcripts (Bachelors, Masters and PGDM from IMT CDL) to IQAS.
thanks for reply... but what do you mean by "we did not ask anything to IQAS". You should have told IQAS which education to evaluate.
I meant if you added only masters as education when you created IQAS application online or added all three?

Last edited:

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
thanks for reply... but what do you mean by "we did not ask anything to IQAS". You should have told IQAS which education to evaluate.
I meant if you added only masters as education when you created IQAS application online or added all three?
We added all 3.

Gaurav Mathur

Apr 14, 2018
Hi all,
I have a query regarding education information in my Express entry profile.
If I have got 3 educational degrees evaluated successfully through IQAS and I show only 2 degrees in my Canada Express entry profile, will it create any problem?

Sukant88

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi Sukant,

I have also done PGDBM (3 years), completed in 2012 from IMT-CDL. WES don't recognize it for sure as I have already got ECA report from WES.

IQAS could be one option and somebody in this group has already applied but waiting for result. I guess, we need to wait until he get the ECA report from IQAS.

@mathansri,

Did you get any update from IQAS ? People are eagerly waiting for your answer :)

Hi @narender1966

So @mathansri has got his diploma from IMT-CDL approved. His was 2 years. What do you think, our 3 years completed in 2012 , will be approved or not.

Sukant88

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
I do not think your year of completion will make any difference.
Allright...Im going for it now.

@mathansri : My consultant is saying that only the institute can send the transcript to Iqas and not me. I read in your post earlier that an applicant can also send the Transcript and that would be accepted. Could you give some insights on that so that i can talk to my consultant.

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Allright...Im going for it now.

@mathansri : My consultant is saying that only the institute can send the transcript to Iqas and not me. I read in your post earlier that an applicant can also send the Transcript and that would be accepted. Could you give some insights on that so that i can talk to my consultant.
Dude.. Recently we got ECA from both WES and IQAS for 2 of us. In both cases transcripts are sent by us. Meaning we received from the University and sent it by ourselves. I can only say what your consultant is saying is bull. Be careful with the other suggestions given by your consultant.

Reactions: desmat

amandhanjal1

Apr 26, 2018
Hi,
Thanks to all members for their vital inputs. Please provide me guidance. I enrolled for my 3 year MBA degree in IMT-CDL in 2005 and received the degree in 2010 (completion date 2008). Will IQAS approve it ? As mentioned in a previous post as well , WES did not approve the degree stating "from an unrecognized institution". The Degree also mentions affiliation to VidyaSagar University West Bengal. Would that be an issue. ?

Sukant88

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi,
Thanks to all members for their vital inputs. Please provide me guidance. I enrolled for my 3 year MBA degree in IMT-CDL in 2005 and received the degree in 2010 (completion date 2008). Will IQAS approve it ? As mentioned in a previous post as well , WES did not approve the degree stating "from an unrecognized institution". The Degree also mentions affiliation to VidyaSagar University West Bengal. Would that be an issue. ?
Since it is not approved by WES, people who did IMT-CDL only have an option of going to IQAS. As we see that @mathansri has already receive a positive reply from IQAS for IMT-CDL. We hope that our IMT-CDL should also be approved. However his was 2 years course and ours was 3 years course, so if that makes a difference is yet to be seen. But we really don't have an option. I also did a 3 year course from IMT in 2012 and just sent the documents to IQAS for ECA. keeping my finger crossed...!!!

mrbrijendra

Feb 4, 2018
Timeline for the much awaited ECA for my girl friend.

All documents (Application and All Transcripts) reached IQAS: 12th Jan 2018

1st AoR: 20th Jan 2018 (after follow up)
2nd AoR: 2nd Mar 2018

ECA Soft copy: 9th Apr 2018
Total time taken: 12 Weeks from receiving documents.

Courses she has completed:
Bachelor of Science from University of Kolkata (3 years)
Master of Science from University of Kolkata (2 years)
Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IMT CDL (2 years)

Credentials given:
Masters credential for University of Kolkata degree.
University Diploma credential for IMT CDL - PGDM.

What this means is that, although IQAS recognized IMT CDL, they do not give MASTERS credential for 2 Year PGDM course. (Not sure about 1 year course). They only gave University Diploma credential. If you do not have any other PG degree, you probably will have to go with 'More than one certificates with at least one degree being 3 years' option, when you create your profile.
Dear @mathansri,
i have done Three year post graduation programme in management from IMT CDL in December 2010. do you have any suggestion for my academic credential from IQAS?

pimtmba

Apr 27, 2018
Since it is not approved by WES, people who did IMT-CDL only have an option of going to IQAS. As we see that @mathansri has already receive a positive reply from IQAS for IMT-CDL. We hope that our IMT-CDL should also be approved. However his was 2 years course and ours was 3 years course, so if that makes a difference is yet to be seen. But we really don't have an option. I also did a 3 year course from IMT in 2012 and just sent the documents to IQAS for ECA. keeping my finger crossed...!!!
My question is if the degree is recognized by Vidyasagar University then why are we submitting the transcript from IMT? IMT could be an unrecognized institute but Vidyasagar University is a state university. My suggestion is to send the official transcript received from VU to WES/IQAS to get ECA done. It will show that degree has been awarded by Vidyasagar University and not by IMT.

pimtmba

Apr 27, 2018
I do not think your year of completion will make any difference.
Hi mathansri,

Please do share her year of admission as it DOES make a difference; all IMT CDL Management courses from 2002-2007 were affiliated by Vidyasagar university.
However from 2007 they have affiliation from IGNOU, which is uploaded on their CDL website, they are mysteriously silent on anything for 2002-2007.
I am keen to know if there is any positive ECA (be it masters or diploma from a 'Recognized institution') from IQAS for IMT CDL 2002-2007 when it was affiliated from Vidyasagar university?

Reactions: amandhanjal1

amandhanjal1

Apr 26, 2018
IQAS does take its sweet time to respond, so praying for a positive response for you. Do let me know when you get a response from them