+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Guide for ECA (Name Difference) - IOBM SSUET KARACHI PAKISTAN

mashkoor

Oct 7, 2017
Hi guyz,

I have sent the documents to IQAS that are received by IQAS as follows:

1- Sent by me and received on 29th Sep 2017
2- Sent by Univ and received on 3rd of Oct 2017

Let me know when would I expect the acknowledgement email from IQAS?

Is there any email address to follow up with them?

Please suggest how to expedite

Regards
Hi Anser,
Please provide complete procedure as how to prepare n submit degrees to IQAS for review means what needs to done like how n where to fill IQAS form what are their requirements, from where to get B-COM degree attested (whether Karachi university or from college) n from where to get MBA degree attested. Is there any need to get attestation from HEC. What forms to be presented to college n university for attestation n which department will do attestation in case of college n university. As in my case i did B-Com from National college but exam n degree was issued by Karachi university n in case if you mention that degree to be attested via karachi university then which department to be contacted.
The point here is that kindly explain complete detail n complete procedure.

mashkoor

Oct 7, 2017
Hi Anser,
Please provide complete procedure as how to prepare n submit degrees to IQAS for review means what needs to done like how n where to fill IQAS form what are their requirements, from where to get B-COM degree attested (whether Karachi university or from college) n from where to get MBA degree attested. Is there any need to get attestation from HEC. What forms to be presented to college n university for attestation n which department will do attestation in case of college n university. As in my case i did B-Com from National college but exam n degree was issued by Karachi university n in case if you mention that degree to be attested via karachi university then which department to be contacted.

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Hi Anser,
B-COM degree attested--------It will be done from KU..they take 2500 for one degree and reture it tou in sealed enevelop within 20 days as per thier time but can take upto 30 days..

MBA degree attested----if MBA from KU then same process as aforementioned to be applied

which department ----verification section just in front of Arts lobby..just get into veri secition and on left ull see a window..just ask them IQAS and they will tell u whole procedure..

Attestation from HEC---no need to verification from HEC in IQAS case...

Some imp points:
there is a form available on IQAS website https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration-apply.aspx
just fill the form and take it to ur university rest of the work they will guide you...before this you can pay you fee to IQAS...

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Hello Ali,

I need your guidance brother. I am ACCA member and i have already completed the ECA from WES for my ACCA which resulted in 4 years bachelors (Canada). In order to claim 'two or more certificates" i want to start the ECA for my bachelors, I am also BBA graduate from Isra University Hyderabad.
Isra is not listed in WES so i have decided to start my ECA from IQAS. I need your guidance regarding the process, I have already read your previous post but i am confused that after signed and sealed form university, can i send all the documents(check list , application) along with degree, transcripts in one envelop ? because what i understand from the website it states that univ will send directly and i need to send separately ???
I suggest before u get evaluated ur Isra universty credentials call them or mail atleast...

shahedeali

Aug 25, 2017
That's good. If your E-mail reads "Receipt of your International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) application - academic documents", then most probably this is going to be the only E Mail you'd be getting before your final assessment outcome. I shall definitely update here once I get my ECA.

If you would like to join us on our WhatsApp group for IQAS assessment, you can send me your number in Personal Message, I will add you there as well.

Best of luck! :)
Hi rhmalik,

Thank you for your prompt response. I was waiting for your ECA from IQAS. Today, I am glad to know that you have received your ECA-IQAS yesterday (13-Oct. 2017) as per IMMITRACKER time line status. But, I am afraid no response (email or hard copy of my ECA reports) from IQAS since 08-Sep. 2017, the second acknowledgement was received. Could I have to know how long I have to wait? What is your ECA results as comparison to Pakistani degrees and Canadian equivalence evaluation. total years of education in Pakistan. I am sending my personal number in inbox please check.

rhmalik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pakistan
Hi rhmalik,

Thank you for your prompt response. I was waiting for your ECA from IQAS. Today, I am glad to know that you have received your ECA-IQAS yesterday (13-Oct. 2017) as per IMMITRACKER time line status. But, I am afraid no response (email or hard copy of my ECA reports) from IQAS since 08-Sep. 2017, the second acknowledgement was received. Could I have to know how long I have to wait? What is your ECA results as comparison to Pakistani degrees and Canadian equivalence evaluation. total years of education in Pakistan. I am sending my personal number in inbox please check.
Hello shahedeali,

Thanks. Yes I got my ECA on 13-Oct-2017. For your reference and everyone who is still waiting (Eagerly ;))for their ECA. Following is the timeline and the Result:-

Documents Dispatched from Lahore : 31-July-2017
Documents Delivered: 02-Aug-2017
AOR IQAS: 25-Aug-2017
ECA Signed: 17 Sep 2017
ECA Emailed: 13-Oct-2017
Hard Copy : Still Waiting (But who cares!! I already have the ECA in my E-Mail)

Pakistani Degrees:-

1. Bachelor of Science (Honors) 4 Years Undergraduate Program ( In real the degree was 3 Calendar Years Long with 186 Credit Hours)
2. Master of Business Administration 2 Years Graduate Degree Program (In actual it was 1 Calendar year long with 56 Credit Hours)

Outcome :-

1. The Bachelor of Science degree generally compares to a 4 years Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Canada
2. The Master of Business Administration degree generally compares to the Completion of Masters of Business Administration

I hope this helps. I cannot remember your timeline. But rest assured you should be getting your ECA soon. So just keep your fingers crossed and I will add you to a WhatsApp group where you can find people on a similar train.

Best of luck. :)

Reactions: shahedeali

shahedeali

Aug 25, 2017
I got my ECA yesterday on 18-Oct-2017. (Soft copy via email) I have applied through IQAS approved CIC Canada ECA Evaulation body. Following is the timeline and the Result:-

Documents Dispatched from Lahore : 03-Aug. 2017
Documents Delivered: 08-Aug-2017
AOR IQAS: 24-Aug-2017 (First email)
AOR IQAS second confirmation of Education documents 08-Sep. 2017 (second email)
ECA Signed: 29- Sep-2017
ECA Email received: 18-Oct-2017
Hard Copy : Still Waiting

Pakistani Degrees:-

1. Bachelor of Science 2 Years Undergraduate Program
2. Master of Science 2 Years post Graduate Degree Program

Outcome :-

1. The Bachelor of Science degree and Master's degree generally compares to a 4 years Bachelor of Science Degree in Canada having focus in Applied Chemistry.

I hope this helps. Assuring all will be getting ECA soon maximum 2.3 months So just keep your fingers crossed and we will add you to a WhatsApp group please pm your WhatsApp numbers.

Best of luck.

jeesh

Aug 26, 2017
Sri Lanka
So roughly 3 months from sending the documents you got the soft copy, which is fair enough.

My documents reached early September, only received AOR 16th Oct, and they still didnt send the second email. My wife did through WES and it happened in just over a month. I chose IQAS because WES wasnt accepting my MBA.

Quite wary now whether anything will be done by December

amurtaza

Oct 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I want to send my documents for ECA to IQAS, can someone please add me to the whatsapp group +971502496061?

Thanks,
Ali

skybolturs

Jul 30, 2017
Hi Guys,

My friend has done BBA and MBA from Karachi University. Now do I need to create 2 applications for each degree or 1 application and add the extra certificate in same application.

If I create 1 application than it will cost me arount 290 CAD and If I create 2 applications than 550 CAD.

Please guide.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

My friend has done BBA and MBA from Karachi University. Now do I need to create 2 applications for each degree or 1 application and add the extra certificate in same application.

If I create 1 application than it will cost me arount 290 CAD and If I create 2 applications than 550 CAD.

Please guide.
Create one application and get both degrees evaluated under same.

amurtaza

Oct 19, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I want to file my application for ECA, please suggest IQAS or WES based on the following:

I completed two degrees in parallel from Punjab University (Different department and different timings i.e one morning and one evening). Below are my credentials. Please suggest with your experience, which way to follow and how to process. Thanks!

Bachelors of Arts - BA 2 Years (2006) - It was done as a private candidate from PU to seek admission in LLB.
Bachelors of Computer Science - BSCS 4 Years (2009) - I pursued my career in IT since 2009
Bachelors of Law - LLB 3 Years (2010) - Hold a valid high court license but not practising as a lawyer.

Is it good to have them all in one report and will it benefit me? My wife is the main applicant she is an MBBS doctor. What do you suggest is the best for me as a dependent applicant, should I get ECA for both BCS and LLB or just one would be enough and which one will benefit the most?

Please also tell me the complete process and how much it would cost for both or one of them.

Best Regards,
Ali

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I want to file my application for ECA, please suggest IQAS or WES based on the following:

I completed two degrees in parallel from Punjab University (Different department and different timings i.e one morning and one evening). Below are my credentials. Please suggest with your experience, which way to follow and how to process. Thanks!

Bachelors of Arts - BA 2 Years (2006) - It was done as a private candidate from PU to seek admission in LLB.
Bachelors of Computer Science - BSCS 4 Years (2009) - I pursued my career in IT since 2009
Bachelors of Law - LLB 3 Years (2010) - Hold a valid high court license but not practising as a lawyer.

Is it good to have them all in one report and will it benefit me? My wife is the main applicant she is an MBBS doctor. What do you suggest is the best for me as a dependent applicant, should I get ECA for both BCS and LLB or just one would be enough and which one will benefit the most?

Please also tell me the complete process and how much it would cost for both or one of them.

Best Regards,
Ali
no harm in sending them all...possibly could get higher equivalency...infact they consider no of academic years in relevant field...

amurtaza

Oct 19, 2017
no harm in sending them all...possibly could get higher equivalency...infact they consider no of academic years in relevant field...
Thank you for your prompt reply, I read the whole thread and learnt that there is not need to send SSC and HSC certificates. But in case of LLB, do I need to send my BA degree. If yes, I will be sending 3 degrees BA, LLB and BSCS, is it possible to send 3 degrees because in the thread people were saying the IQAS form has only two fields for the degree.

amurtaza

Oct 19, 2017
Moreover, if anyone experienced can guide. Below is taken from the CIC website:

The ECA report must show that your completed foreign credential (degree, diploma or certificate) is equal to a completed Canadian secondary school (high school) or post-secondary credential. (This is fine)

You must submit an ECA for all levels of completed foreign education you want us to consider. It is up to you to decide which credentials to have assessed by a designated organization. (This is fine too)

Depending on your case, you may want to have both your secondary and post-secondary credentials assessed, and not just your highest completed foreign credential. (How do I know in my case they need all secondary and post-secondary assessed with my degree. If I don't send SSC and HSC to IQAS for ECA and later after receiving ITA are there chances that it might be asked?