+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Guide for ECA (Name Difference) - IOBM SSUET KARACHI PAKISTAN

shahedeali

Aug 25, 2017
Is it important to do notary public or official institute stamps on the photocopied documents?

Can I submit without that?
If you are asking about main application form copies/documents, then I would say No' Notary public or University seal, stamp or verification required. Actually, for these separate documents coloured copies, with Submission ECA Evaluation fee and hard copy of Main Application form, generated during online submission of fee and details should be sent separately by courier or registered mail/post. (print outs should be coloured)

For universities Verification (Academic Documents/degrees/certificates) signed, sealed envelopes with stamp on the envelopes flaps would be sent directly by University through Pakistani courier or Registred mail/post within Pakistan (if your University is within Pakistan) to Canada.
Ask your Pakistani university to provide you sealed, signed or stamped envelopes for your degree/academic documents enclosed inside. The enveloped should be sealed with stamp just check this requiremnet, as you should not opened them now.

shahedeali

Aug 25, 2017
Please check replies
Brother, I am from Pakistan but working in Saudi Arabia.

No problem, you can send anyone from your friends, family memebers (Father, brother, etc) to university to apply for Verification of degrees and get sealed, signed (university's round stamped) envelopes from Pakistani Universities)which should be sent from Pakistan through Pakistani courier directly by Universities themselves.Ask your university to help you. I hope they will provide you all required sealed envelopes. [ dispatched From; University Name To Canada, IQAS (Through Pakistani Courier or registred Mail/post)]

I am bachelors (CE) from SSUET and my wife from Bahria University Karachi (BBA Honors).

You should apply separate ECA evaluation for IQAS Immigration paying separate fee for two applicants. However, all degrees for each individual would be assessed in one fee (275 CAD: including Canadian Certificate Evaluation delivery charges)

I have a query about my wife name. She had a surname of her father on her all educational documents because It was all issued before the marriage.

But now she has my name in her surname in all government-issued documents like passport, CNIC etc.

Do I need to do notary? If Yes then what are the documents need to submit for notary?

Yes, attach proof of name change with Passport copies (your wife latest passport having your surname) and notarized Marriage certificate. Otherwise only colored photocopy of NADRA issued Marriage certificate. CNIC is not required.

Secondly, Do we need to visit SSUET & Bahria ourselves to do transcript verification process & get sealed envelop? or our friends can do on our behalf?

No problem, you can send anyone from your friends, family memebers (Father, brother, etc) to university to apply for Verification of degrees and get sealed, signed (university's round stamped) envelopes from Pakistani Universities)which should be sent from Pakistan through Pakistani courier directly by Universities themselves.Ask your university to help you. I hope they will provide you all required sealed envelopes. [ dispatched From; University Name To Canada, IQAS (Through Pakistani Courier or registred Mail/post)]

Will IQAS do ECA for Bahria University Karachi?

Check this link: https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/pakistan-international-education-guide.pdf

If your degree and university is recognized by HEC and availble in approved/recognized list then it is Ok IQAS will do assessment, as it is more flexible who just requires University sealed, signed stamped envelopes directly sent to IQAS Canada through Pakistani Courier/Registred mail/Post within Pakistan.
Regards,
MAK

anserkhan

Sep 14, 2017
If you are asking about main application form copies/documents, then I would say No' Notary public or University seal, stamp or verification required. Actually, for these separate documents coloured copies, with Submission ECA Evaluation fee and hard copy of Main Application form, generated during online submission of fee and details should be sent separately by courier or registered mail/post. (print outs should be coloured)

For universities Verification (Academic Documents/degrees/certificates) signed, sealed envelopes with stamp on the envelopes flaps would be sent directly by University through Pakistani courier or Registred mail/post within Pakistan (if your University is within Pakistan) to Canada.
Ask your Pakistani university to provide you sealed, signed or stamped envelopes for your degree/academic documents enclosed inside. The enveloped should be sealed with stamp just check this requiremnet, as you should not opened them now.
Thanks for the detailed reply.

What is the need to colored photocopy?

I didnt see any explicitly required statement.

Secondly, Do I need to send only " filled transcript request form" (downloaded from IQAS) to university.

They will generate their own trancript copy etc and sealed them and send .. right?

Regards,

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015

Secondly, Do I need to send only " filled transcript request form" (downloaded from IQAS) to university.

They will generate their own trancript copy etc and sealed them and send .. right?

Regards,
Color copy is not needed at all, yeah u have to fill up ur part in request form nd the rest would be done by ur uni..u can also send urself the enevolp sealed by uni..bt make sure they must have put verified degree nd trasncript in it..

Reactions: shahedeali

shahedeali

Aug 25, 2017
Thanks for the reply.

Do I need to send only "filled transcript request form" (downloaded from IQAS) to university?

Regards,
Yes, you can fill in first section by yourself (on computer typed in MS word-as you can edit this form) and second section would be filled in by University Registrar or Controller of Examination himself by hand. Do not forget to check if they have attested/verified your transcript request form (section two) signed, sealed/stamped with date, designation, name and contact number,email, etc. as per IQAS Canada requirement.
Some universities will generate their own transcipts and degrees copies/counter files of Documents kept in their record, as one of my own University did and other University ask for copies. But, please send one coloured photocopy to your representative (friend or any blood relative family member) to get verify (signed, stamped and sealed inside envelope) along with above mentioned completely filled transcipt request form and then put round stamp and seal on the envelope flap, on your behalf. Take these sealed envelopes from Universities , then handover those envelopes to Pakistani Courier or registred mail/post with sender name (University itself) and receiver name (IQAS Canada full address) in order to track your consignment.

Last edited:

shahedeali

Aug 25, 2017

Regards,
Colourd copy is mandatory for your first set of main application (1st Package: Main Application form, with ECA assessment receipt fee copy, Passport copy and all coloured copies of Degrees, transcipts/ mark sheets.

Some universities will generate their own transcipts and degrees copies/counter files of Documents kept in their record, as one of my own University did and other University ask for copies. But, please send one coloured photocopy to your representative (friend or any blood relative family member) to get verify (signed, stamped and sealed inside envelope) and then put round stamp and seal on the envelope flap, on your behalf. Take these sealed envelopes from Universities , then handover those envelopes to Pakistani Courier or registred mail/post with sender name (University itself) and receiver name (IQAS Canada full address) in order to track your consignment.

kirazy

Mar 11, 2017
Can anyone help me that what does its means. I just recieved an email from iqas.

"
This assessment was based on a standard methodology which included: an examination of documents for authenticity; confirmation of educational institutions' recognition; research on the source countries' educational systems; and establishing the comparable level of educational achievement in Canada. It was conducted using official documents.

LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Pakistan: Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (2004)
Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology
Four-year undergraduate degree program

Master of Science (Computer Networks and Communications) (2010)
Hamdard University
Graduate degree program

Document Authentication: Verified directly by the institution or appropriate authority.

COMPARATIVE LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT IN CANADA

The Bachelor's degree generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in computer engineering.

The Master's degree generally compares to the completion of a Master's degree with a focus in computer networks and communications.
"

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Can anyone help me that what does its means. I just recieved an email from iqas.

"
This assessment was based on a standard methodology which included: an examination of documents for authenticity; confirmation of educational institutions' recognition; research on the source countries' educational systems; and establishing the comparable level of educational achievement in Canada. It was conducted using official documents.

LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Pakistan: Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (2004)
Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology
Four-year undergraduate degree program

Master of Science (Computer Networks and Communications) (2010)
Hamdard University
Graduate degree program

Document Authentication: Verified directly by the institution or appropriate authority.

COMPARATIVE LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT IN CANADA

The Bachelor's degree generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in computer engineering.

The Master's degree generally compares to the completion of a Master's degree with a focus in computer networks and communications.
"
Congratulations, your masters has been recognized in Canada :) You can claim points for masters degree now. Enjoy!

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
I have received the ECA report in soft form on 22 Sep, 2017 but havn't received the hard copy through courier till date (29 Sep, 2017). Any idea how much time it will take.

Reactions: hirasalam

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Timeline:

Doc. delivered via Fed Ex Multan: 28 July, 2017
AOR: 25 August, 2017
ECA Soft form: 22 September, 2017
ECA Hard Form: waiting

Results:

Bachelors degree equivalent to Canadian 4 Years Bachelors degree
MBA equivalent to Canadian MBA

Overwhelmingly Satisfied with the timely response and ECA report. Would highly recommend for sure.

Reactions: hirasalam

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Timeline:

Doc. delivered via Fed Ex Multan: 28 July, 2017
AOR: 25 August, 2017
ECA Soft form: 22 September, 2017
ECA Hard Form: waiting

Results:

Bachelors degree equivalent to Canadian 4 Years Bachelors degree
MBA equivalent to Canadian MBA

Overwhelmingly Satisfied with the timely response and ECA report. Would highly recommend for sure.
Congratulations!! our timelines are similar... but I haven't received my evaluation as yet... this is beginning to worry me, even though I already know what my evaluation is going to be ...