+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Guide for ECA (Name Difference) - IOBM SSUET KARACHI PAKISTAN

Hassan1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Misbah.2388 said:
Hello everyone..
I have done bachelor's of commerce (2 years) from karachi university...am i eligible for EE having 2 year bcom?
If yes then which education credentials should i choose?
I had bcom degree as well, and i have applied already for eca check once i ll get my eca report then i can answer your question.

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
MALLHI said:
Ali bro!

I have a question and would greatly appreciate if you could give a prompt reply.

The academic record request form which we need to fill half and the rest will be filled by university. Can we do it manually like fill it by pen and also let the university staff fill it by pen or should it be only typed in.

Please help.
No no, Type it on computer your part at least. The second part is totally dependent on your university. If university is government and not updated with latest technology and officials are lazy then they will ask you to give them hard copy with only your details filled and they will type manually. One of my university was very co-operative and filled the whole form on computer and then took print out themselves, however, second university asked me to just submit typed form of my section and they manually wrote their details.

My recommendation: Type your section details on computer, print out the form and also take soft copy with you in USB. Visit the university and try to have officials enter their details on form via computer. If they don't then give them hard copy , that's what I did :)

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Umairalishah said:
Hello Ali

Thanks for such a helpful post. I literally made an account to thank you.

You are welcome :)

Although i have a similar issue with my dad's name. In all the educational certificate they are missing the SYED. Can i get the affidavit sample which u submitted.

Yes, absolutely. However, in your case, your father has to make an affidavit which should state that in my son's educational documents my name is bla and in my CNIC my name is bla therefore, consider me the same person etc

Also i have the sealed envelopes containing photo copies of my attested MBA and Bcom degrees and transcript. Can i send them as well?

Did not get you here. If these sealed envelopes are form university then of course you can send them.

MALLHI

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
PAKISTAN
alizaidi said:
No no, Type it on computer your part at least. The second part is totally dependent on your university. If university is government and not updated with latest technology and officials are lazy then they will ask you to give them hard copy with only your details filled and they will type manually. One of my university was very co-operative and filled the whole form on computer and then took print out themselves, however, second university asked me to just submit typed form of my section and they manually wrote their details.

My recommendation: Type your section details on computer, print out the form and also take soft copy with you in USB. Visit the university and try to have officials enter their details on form via computer. If they don't then give them hard copy , that's what I did :)
Thanks alot bro ! That was very helpful ! 8)

MALLHI

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
PAKISTAN
Ali bro!

I have sent my application package today through Fedex. Just wanna check with you regd the sealed envelop. I put the sealed envelop from university and my application envelop into one main FedEx envelop. Since you advised to mention in the checklist additional information about university not sending the docs directly, I did the same and wrote it in the checklist document. I hope it will be accepted and they don't reject it just because I didn't put the sealed envelop in a separate envelop and the from address is also mine. ::)

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Dream-mer said:
Hi !!

My brother just received his ECA from IQAS. Kindly assist in evaluating if he is eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" option.

He has done a Three-year Bachelors (Honors) program and One-Year Master's (Hons) program.

LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Home Country: -Bachelors Degree (Honours)
Three-year undergraduate degree program

-Master's of Business Administration
One Year Graudate Degree Program, following a three-year Bachelor's Degree

COMPARATIVE LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT IN CANADA:

The combination of the Bachelor's and the Master's degrees generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor's degree

Thanks!
In my opinion, yes but I am not 100% sure. Do confirm it with other guys on this forum and especially those who have similar situation like this.

My rationale of my opinion:

You cannot seelct that option in express entry profile i.e. "two or more certficiates"
You can add as many credentials as you want in express entry and select if it is bachelor's master's or PHD etc
Express Entry system automatically gives you a score on basis of your highest credentials.
Your brother equivalency in Canda states that combination of bachelor's and master's degree is four year bachelors in canada that means that you cannot select masters here at all which means they have recognised that you have two degrees hence they used the word "combination"
Your brother has one bachelors 3 years degree as per canadian standards and one post graduate degree of one year.
Therefore, you can add these two credentials separately in your profile and can select bachelor in one and can add one year program at a university. This way system should give you points for two degrees.

But ask others too, this is just my own opinion.

AliSaleem

Apr 19, 2017
MALLHI said:
Ali bro!

I have sent my application package today through Fedex. Just wanna check with you regd the sealed envelop. I put the sealed envelop from university and my application envelop into one main FedEx envelop. Since you advised to mention in the checklist additional information about university not sending the docs directly, I did the same and wrote it in the checklist document. I hope it will be accepted and they don't reject it just because I didn't put the sealed envelop in a separate envelop and the from address is also mine. ::)
I am also going to do the same thing.. I hope to get reply on this from brother ALI..

How much did Fedex charge for this??

mteverest

Apr 22, 2017
alizaidi said:
Explain the reason why university is not writing the name who is verifying the degree. You can give explanation on "Additional Information" section of your checklist.
alizaidi.. you're a lifesaver.. made this account to thank you as well!

I have a question regarding MBA.. did you get points based on the highest qualification, i.e. Masters? Will they assess 1.5 years MBA as equal to masters?

Reactions: massab umer

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
AliSaleem said:
I am also going to do the same thing.. I hope to get reply on this from brother ALI..

How much did Fedex charge for this??
Guys, as long as your envelopes are sealed properly form universities and you mention this on checklist that university refused to send on their own, you can send those envelops as one package :)

Fed ex charged me 3150/- for A4 size package.

MALLHI

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
PAKISTAN
alizaidi said:
Guys, as long as your envelopes are sealed properly form universities and you mention this on checklist that university refused to send on their own, you can send those envelops as one package :)

Fed ex charged me 3150/- for A4 size package.
Great, thanks bro! Thats a big sigh of relief ;D

Fedex charged me 3220 for A4 size package. Sent it from Lahore!

gotocanda123

May 13, 2017
Hi @alizaidi
Many many thanks for your help in the previous posts you have saved us from lot of unwanted hassle.
I have following query for you:
  • My passport expired few months ago, can i still send the photocopy of my passport with my application. I have cnic in urdu so can't send that either. Whats your view on this should get it renewed (will take few days) or send it the copy of my expired passport?
Your help will be highly appreciated .

nadiakhalid2

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hello
Is there any way to contact IQAS to confirm the delivery of my package? Its been almost 15 day since my package is delivered to them. Still no confirmation email. What should I do?

Advisor_PK

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Islamabad and Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
04-04-2016
Hello
Is there any way to contact IQAS to confirm the delivery of my package? Its been almost 15 day since my package is delivered to them. Still no confirmation email. What should I do?
Be patient. Parcels to Canada can take 3 weeks just to arrive and some agencies take a while to open the parcel if they have a backlog.

Reactions: maria_khan

Advisor_PK

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Islamabad and Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
04-04-2016
alizaidi.. you're a lifesaver.. made this account to thank you as well!

I have a question regarding MBA.. did you get points based on the highest qualification, i.e. Masters? Will they assess 1.5 years MBA as equal to masters?
This is the job of the ECA agency (WES, IQAS, etc) to determine. Most Pakistani MBA's are considered equivalent to a Canadian masters.

Reactions: maria_khan

kirazy

Mar 11, 2017
Thanks Ali for being so much helpful to all of us.

I have one query. I did my MS from UIT and Graduation for SSUET.

My question is do I need to send the separate IQAS ECA Checklist form with each university's sealed envelope?

Thanks in advance bro.