+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

vik7

Feb 9, 2020
Hello everyone!! Thanks for help out the applicants.
I am new to ECA process. I have understood that it would be better if I get my PGDM and BTech accessed by IQAS

I want to use Truecopy method as it saves a lot of time. I submitted a query to truecopy and they have asked for transcripts.
1. What steps needs to be done next. Institute would require a reference number and I have not yet paid to IQAS as I need to confirm my mode of submitting transcripts( which I will only do once I get confirmation that institute has mailed). How do I get the reference number.
2. Has anyone faced any issue with Truecopy and feel it's better to opt for the hard copy method?

3.Any other details to be kept in mind while sending transcripts ( eg. Any other documents )

It would be great help if someone can guide as we are really stressed out regarding the process

Thanks in Advance ☺
Here's a quick guide on How to send transcript to IQAS with Truecopy

To answer your questions 1, IQAS reference number is 6 digit which is your file number. Application ID is a 7 digit number. Refer to this direct IQAS link where they have shown example IQAS reference number as 123456: https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-contact.aspx#:~:text=IQAS reference number 123456 (optional) but no harm in putting both on separate lines I guess. Better safe than sorry.

To answer question 2, from what I have read in this thread, Truecopy is quite efficient. I regret not using this method and sent sealed envelope to IQAS in June. My file is in line since July 9 (5 weeks now and counting).

Question 3 is best answered by someone who has used Truecopy. You can always contact Truecopy for official answers. They are pretty quick to respond.

Hope this helps :)

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Can anyone help download the eca via altering the link?? My status is flactuating

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Reactions: orwell46

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
To those applicants NOT based in Canada and using IQAS for ECA, are you paying $200 + $75 for courier while submitting your application?

Do we need the hard copy of the evaluation report or is the soft copy sufficient for IRCC?

RahulSingtam

Jul 17, 2020
Hi.... I have started the process through truecopy as you have suggested....any further update on your application status... thanks

Hi, I have a question. I am planning to share my educational documents through True Copy to IQAS, is it advisable to do so? If Yes, what is the written statement or the format of the written statement I need to submit?

RahulSingtam

Jul 17, 2020
Hi.... I have started the process through truecopy as you have suggested....any further update on your application status... thanks
Hi I need a small help. I am planning to get my education documents evaluated through IQAS and planning to share the required documents through true copy. Is it advisable to use the services of true copy and does IQAS accepts it. If Yes, what is the format or structure of the written documents to be shared with IQAS

Ecil2canada

Jul 20, 2020
Thanks buddy it worked. And i am so so happy.. I got MBA assessed as masters by IQAS which was EARLIER assessed as PGDM by wes. Once again thank you soooooooo much. I hope everyone gets their desired results.
Hi
From which university your applied ,this will helps to many
Thank you

RahulSingtam

Jul 17, 2020
I had a small doubt though, I was filling the form to make the payment for IQAS and stumbled upon the documents upload section. For Post Graduate what should we select from the drop down (Degree or Diploma), I have a Post-Graduate Diploma in Management from IMT Ghaziabad where the degree certificate says PGDM while the backside of the transcript says that this PGDM is equivalent to an MBA degree accredited by AIU.

1) What should I select here, degree or diploma while uploading the scan copy of the PGDM certificate

There is another question where my university (IMT Ghaziabad) says that I need to send them the scan copies of transcripts, degree and the request of academic record which they will print, attest and then share it with Truecopy, will this process work ?
Kindly help.

Regards,
Rahul

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
To those applicants NOT based in Canada and using IQAS for ECA, are you paying $200 + $75 for courier while submitting your application?

Do we need the hard copy of the evaluation report or is the soft copy sufficient for IRCC?
Can someone clarify this please? Is the downloaded soft copy of the report valid? If yes then any point in paying the extra $75 for premium delivery of the hard copy?

Madhur410

Apr 21, 2020
Can someone clarify this please? Is the downloaded soft copy of the report valid? If yes then any point in paying the extra $75 for premium delivery of the hard copy?
Hi Orwell,

You don't have any other option to not to pay those $75 until & unless you have a Canadian address. As they only have two options, one is if you want to get it delivered in Canada with $15/$25 and the other is outside Canada with $75.

Reactions: orwell46

Popeye1

Aug 11, 2020
Thanks for replying, was yours a one year Full time program?
Hey Orwell,
I did my 1 yr full time MBA from an IIM and I'm trying to find out the best of ECA providers (CES, IQAS WES) to get my PG education evaluated as Master's. Are you in the same boat by any chance? Saw your message, so thought to check with you.
Regards

nellyrow

Jun 23, 2020
My IQAS application time line-
Application submitted - 9 June 2020
Application Received - 16 June 2020
Documents Received - 16 June 2020
Inline for processing - 16 June 2020
Final review - 17 July 2020
Fluctuating Mode - 31 July 2020
Completed/mailed - 17 August 2020

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Hey Orwell,
I did my 1 yr full time MBA from an IIM and I'm trying to find out the best of ECA providers (CES, IQAS WES) to get my PG education evaluated as Master's. Are you in the same boat by any chance? Saw your message, so thought to check with you.
Regards
Hi,
I had already started my process with WES back in March. IQAS was not accepting fresh applications at the time.
I have not been able to get all my transcripts sent as my uni is dragging it's feet with the CoVID nonsense. So the wait continues with the uneasy feeling that I may not get a master's equivalency.
Yet to decide whether to go with IQAS too and spend more money

bahmed.1993

Aug 18, 2020
Hi,
I'm in pool with ECA from WES as they haven't considered my MS degree. They considered it as a second bachelor degree and I loose 7 points because of it. I tried IQAS, timeline and text from report is attached, please guide is this gonna increase my points or not.

Timeline:
Application submitted - 27 June 2020
Application Received - 1 July 2020
Documents accepted - 1 July 2020
Inline for processing - 1 July 2020
Final review - 14 August 2020
(Note: report was downloaded through fluctuation trick method)

Levels of achievement outside Canada:
Credential name: Bachelor of Science in Electrical (Telecommunication) Engineering
Program description: Four year undergraduate degree program

Credential name: Master of Science in Information Technology
Program description: Graduate degree program

Comparative levels of achievement in Canada:
The Bachelor's degree generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in electrical and telecommunication engineering.
The Master's degree generally compares to the completion of a Master of Science degree with a focus in information technology.

Thanks,

Popeye1

Aug 11, 2020
Hi,
I had already started my process with WES back in March. IQAS was not accepting fresh applications at the time.
I have not been able to get all my transcripts sent as my uni is dragging it's feet with the CoVID nonsense. So the wait continues with the uneasy feeling that I may not get a master's equivalency.
Yet to decide whether to go with IQAS too and spend more money
Thanks for the response. Did you also do the 1 yr MBA?

I read on the forum that one person with 1 yr MBA was able to get Master's equivalent but haven't been able to get any details. As per the IQAS website (link here), a 4 yr UG followed by a 1 yr MBA is likely to be evaluated as 1yr Diploma and not a Master's. After reading this, I'm not sure how will IQAS be helpful. What do you think?