+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

3isha

Apr 9, 2020
I'm not really sure if this place is the right one for my questions but

I have submitted my IQAS application for 'employment, education or licensure' purpose, not the ECA one.

It was submitted and paid on March 12th 2020. I sent all my documents the next day, which arrived at the IQAS office on Match 16th 2020.

Here are my questions

1. When completing the application form, there was a step where they asked me to choose the reason for my assessment. The options available were 'To support a job search', 'To apply for professional licensure' and 'To apply for post-secondary education'. As I'm doing this whole process to be certified as a Child Care Staff in Alberta state, I found 'To apply for professional licensure' the most appropriate one for me.

But after my application was submitted, I came to think that maybe maybe hopefully not but maybe this might cause a delay or more thorough inspection on my university credits since I have mentioned that I'm doing it for 'professional licensure' purpose. Maybe should I have just said it was for the purpose of supporting a job search?

Or is this step just meant to be a survey purpose and has nothing to do with the result of the assessment?

2. After reading this forum, I found that IQAS sends an email stating they have opened the documents. How long does it take on average after the documents arrive to get the email?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
I'm not really sure if this place is the right one for my questions but

I have submitted my IQAS application for 'employment, education or licensure' purpose, not the ECA one.

It was submitted and paid on March 12th 2020. I sent all my documents the next day, which arrived at the IQAS office on Match 16th 2020.

Here are my questions

1. When completing the application form, there was a step where they asked me to choose the reason for my assessment. The options available were 'To support a job search', 'To apply for professional licensure' and 'To apply for post-secondary education'. As I'm doing this whole process to be certified as a Child Care Staff in Alberta state, I found 'To apply for professional licensure' the most appropriate one for me.

But after my application was submitted, I came to think that maybe maybe hopefully not but maybe this might cause a delay or more thorough inspection on my university credits since I have mentioned that I'm doing it for 'professional licensure' purpose. Maybe should I have just said it was for the purpose of supporting a job search?

Or is this step just meant to be a survey purpose and has nothing to do with the result of the assessment?

2. After reading this forum, I found that IQAS sends an email stating they have opened the documents. How long does it take on average after the documents arrive to get the email?
1. The process remains the same almost always. There is seldom a different approach to the process. This type of assessment cannot be used for immigration purpose, as per IRCC guidelines issued in 2020.
2. Usually a 3 to 3.5 months' time after delivery for any correspondence by IQAS. The two separate emails will be about reception of application and transcripts. It takes about 1 to 1.5 months for completion after the two emails are received. Both the emails can arrive within a few minutes, to several weeks.

3isha

Apr 9, 2020
1. The process remains the same almost always. There is seldom a different approach to the process. This type of assessment cannot be used for immigration purpose, as per IRCC guidelines issued in 2020.
2. Usually a 3 to 3.5 months' time after delivery for any correspondence by IQAS. The two separate emails will be about reception of application and transcripts. It takes about 1 to 1.5 months for completion after the two emails are received. Both the emails can arrive within a few minutes, to several weeks.
Never expected I could get such a detailed answer so quickly like this.. thank you so much!! :)

jaskaran0022

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
I am Final Review stage since 25th March... Just watched now status is still Final review but status date has been changed ..used same trick told by @rajapanesar thanks budy ..Got assessment report I have completed B.tech 4 years counted as 4 year degree and MBA distance education from LPU same counted Master of Business Administration Degree. Now in My Education Level I will write Master Degree ?

Overall
29 Oct 2019, submitted application form
5th Nov Transcript MBA,
7th Nov Application form,
18 Nov B.Tech Transcript
28 Feb Inline for processing
25 March Final review
7 April Assessment Report

Last edited:

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Now in My Education Level I will write Master Degree ?
A master's degree in business administration usually compares to a master's degree in ________ field.

If the report says something in the sense of above mentioned, you'll choose master's equivalency during creation of profile.

Best regards

Apr 9, 2020
Hello everyone, I had completed my four years bachelor of engineering degree and ECA for that has also been done. Now, I have completed post graduate diploma of one year. Do I have to perform ECA for that diploma as well? If yes then do I come under the option in crs calculator mentioned as "two or more certifcate, diploma or degree " after it? thanks

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Hello everyone, I had completed my four years bachelor of engineering degree and ECA for that has also been done. Now, I have completed post graduate diploma of one year. Do I have to perform ECA for that diploma as well? If yes then do I come under the option in crs calculator mentioned as "two or more certifcate, diploma or degree " after it? thanks
You are supposed to enter according to what you have an ECA report for. You can't mention your recently completed diploma without any ECA comparing it to Canadian education.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
For the Post graduate diploma of one year which I have just completed, do I need ECA?
Did you get that diploma from a Canadian institute, or does the diploma say anything about it's equivalency to Canadian education system?
Yes? No need of an ECA.
No? Get the ECA.

For Bachelors, I had ECA for bachelors already
How do you just have an ECA? You'd have required it at some point for something to do in Canada.
If it was for a study permit, I recommend updating it to a one for immigration purpose.

athirasreenivas

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
I received an email on 13th March that my application has been put in line for processing and academic documents has been received. On 2nd April, status changed to pending and waiting for transcripts. Kindly guide me if anybody has any idea about this.
They are waiting for your transcripts from University. Did you approach the universities with downloaded request form?

jaskaran0022

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
A master's degree in business administration usually compares to a master's degree in ________ field.

If the report says something in the sense of above mentioned, you'll choose master's equivalency during creation of profile.

Best regards
As report I downloaded it says Master of business Administration Degree..so I will only write Masters as it is higher degree

Jasmitdhandra

Apr 7, 2020
They are waiting for your transcripts from University. Did you approach the universities with downloaded request form?
I got email after contacting IQAS that they placed my file in process on 13th March after receipt of all documents. I have to wait for atleast 6 weeks for the completion of evaluation. I received ECA evaluated from WES with 2 or more degrees but I want Master's equivalency to add 7 more points to my CRS (3+2).