+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

kluthra

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi,
I am in a samw boat as you are.
they alsoe sent me an email stating they cannot do my SMU degree.
any idea wat to do now?
And also how long it will take for
Only option is icas who is presently taking 20 weeks from the date they receive your documents

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
P.S. This post is bit long, but worth of your time if you are anxious about ECA timelines

Haha! Trust me I also had such thoughts but believe me they are professional (except the long time they take).

To relieve you and all a bit let me share some more experience which shows how professional they are - i) I had some mistakes in my form, and rectified in Additional comments in the form (I was worried whether they will read that or not, but they red that). ii) One of my universities had changed its name twice since I graduated, my transcripts and degrees had different names because of this (only a footnote in fine print in transcripts mentioned the old name, and so I was worried whether they will read that or not, but they red). iii) My transcripts big envelop had two envelop inside, one of them was relatively really small (I worried they will miss one of my small transcript envelop, but they didn't), iv) My transcripts were delivered a way before than my Application delivered (I worried they will misplace my transcripts because they have not received Application form yet, but they didn't misplace). A lot more others, like what if my Hard Copy will lost in transit and so on.. so on.. so on.. All the genuine worries which were actually not a worry at first place, I had no control on these and so I even not thought about these twice, not even emailed them or called them. I was in this forum most of the time to observe others' experience and to share mine as well as to give suggestions to folks who were having problems (and if i know the solution)

In a nutshell, they are professional (except the timings, that could be due to shortage of staff + they have a lot of other stuff to do for Alberta apart from ECA as mentioned on their website + A lot of applications, because people avoiding WES/ICES etc. for obvious reasons), they will take their stipulated time (and sometimes more).

At last, don't worry too much, give it some time, help fellow members if you know answer to their questions. No need to check IQAS portal everyday or counting every single day and spending 15 weeks of restlessness.

Thanks!

Hi Yogi24, just to update you, finally my status has changed to "Final Review" this morning. That means now my waiting is only for the upload of soft copy and the reference number for the application of EE ? TIA!

Reactions: yogi24

yogi24

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Hi Yogi24, just to update you, finally my status has changed to "Final Review" this morning. That means now my waiting is only for the upload of soft copy and the reference number for the application of EE ? TIA!
Yes, its a matter of maximum 7 days for you, and you would be able to get the soft copy, which is having the File No (ending with IMM), you can use that. Hard copy is same as soft copy, so you won't need to wait for hard copy.

Jan 24, 2019
Hi guys,

I am going to apply for ECA from IQAS shortly. Its website says that for ECA purpose, only highest degree needs to be assessed. I have done B.Tech. and then MBA. so does it mean that I only need to get transcripts for my MBA? That will reduce so much of my headache, as my BTech university is pretty far from my work city and known for red-tapism and bureaucracy. My MBA college is pretty good one, so I am confident that they will surely send the transcripts to me without causing me any trouble.
Also, my wife has done B.A., M.A. and B.Ed. Not sure how shall I take this case. Does IQAS consider MA as Master's degree? Or shall I opt for getting all of her degrees assessed, so that I get points for "Two or more degrees"? Both of her universities are reachable for me, so I can afford to go there personally and get the transcripts.
Please advise if you have any experience with such case.

Thanks

SabuNY

Jan 20, 2019
Hi guys,

I am going to apply for ECA from IQAS shortly. Its website says that for ECA purpose, only highest degree needs to be assessed. I have done B.Tech. and then MBA. so does it mean that I only need to get transcripts for my MBA? That will reduce so much of my headache, as my BTech university is pretty far from my work city and known for red-tapism and bureaucracy. My MBA college is pretty good one, so I am confident that they will surely send the transcripts to me without causing me any trouble.
Also, my wife has done B.A., M.A. and B.Ed. Not sure how shall I take this case. Does IQAS consider MA as Master's degree? Or shall I opt for getting all of her degrees assessed, so that I get points for "Two or more degrees"? Both of her universities are reachable for me, so I can afford to go there personally and get the transcripts.
Please advise if you have any experience with such case.

Thanks
I also had same case. I submitted only MBA transcript. I received ECA yesterday with masters. So dont waste your time with B Tech transcripts. I am the example:)

SabuNY

Jan 20, 2019
I received my IQAS ECA soft copy n 23rd morning Indian time for my MBA. My point jump to 444 from 437. 23rd evening draw we are already in. Received ITA same day. Now busy with PCC and Medical..So leaving this forum and joining other forums. All the very best to all who waiting for ECA and finally ITA :)

Reactions: babachill
Jan 24, 2019
I also had same case. I submitted only MBA transcript. I received ECA yesterday with masters. So dont waste your time with B Tech transcripts. I am the example:)
Thanks for the reply. Good luck with rest of your PR process.

BTW does any one have any suggestion of rest of my question? "My wife has done B.A., M.A. and B.Ed. Not sure how shouldI take this case. Does IQAS consider MA as Master's degree? Or shall I opt for getting all of her degrees assessed, so that I get points for "Two or more degrees"?"

Dec 1, 2018
If any one can help me finding the link to see /download online report.

My status today changed from final review to mailed but i am unable to see the link to see/download my report. Please help

Thanks in advance

Dec 1, 2018
If any one can help me finding the link to see /download online report.

My status today changed from final review to mailed but i am unable to see the link to see/download my report. Please help

Thanks in advance

Hi guys finally my wait is over they did not accept my smu degree's and just evaluated my bcom from du
Result is completion of bachelors degree.

No mention of smu degrees/ Aima mba pgditm
25 jun 2018 application submitted
11 july 2018 documents recd in their ofc
9 aug 18 aor 1 2 mail received
9dec 18mail received for regret of smu degree evaluation
24 jan 19 no mail from iqas i directly downloaded soft copy of eca from the portal.

stellamm

Aug 20, 2018
My AOR2 was 5th October and the status was "In line for processing"

On 21st Jan, the Status changed to "On Hold" waiting additional documents

I have emailed the documents (bachelors and masters degree certificate) to the assessor, but the status continues to be "On Hold"

Any idea by when they would change the status in the system? The assessor is also not replying that she has received my email.

Shruthi09

Jan 6, 2019
Hi All,

Am new to this forum. My documents where received by IQAS on Nov 5th. I received 2 emails from them on Jan 23rd. 1st emails says #Receipt of your International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) application IQAS0029982"

And second email says "Receipt of your IQAS Application Documents - File Number 237350 IQAS0029987"

Now my file is "in line processing" could anybody be able to tell me how long will it take for the process to complete from now approximately.

Thanks in advance.