+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

Para1

Jan 2, 2019
Hi Yogi24,
Any advise on whether should I create my EE file while waiting for my ECA which is expecting to receive soon. Based on my AOR 2 received in 1st October 2018, hopefully I will receive my ECA by end of January. Thought of not wasting more time so intend to creating my EE file now. Any advise anybody? TIA
You can not create ee profile without ECA
ECA reference number is required for ee profile creation

yogi24

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Hi Yogi24,
Any advise on whether should I create my EE file while waiting for my ECA which is expecting to receive soon. Based on my AOR 2 received in 1st October 2018, hopefully I will receive my ECA by end of January. Thought of not wasting more time so intend to creating my EE file now. Any advise anybody? TIA
In my opinion, please wait for the ECA.

Vish777

Jul 25, 2018
My

My assessment went directly from Final review to mailed. Status changed to Mailed on 14th Jan and i received my Hard copy on 16th Jan.
Had a quick call with them yesterday and they asked my reference number. Today see the status changed to Mailed and able to view the certificate as well. So i will get it in couple of days.

Woqi114

Nov 15, 2017
Finally got both the confirmation emails after a long wait of around 80 days. Sigh of relief seeing status change from submitted to in-line for processing.

Reactions: GO_021

garrybaren

Oct 11, 2018
My ECA application status is "waiting for transcripts ". My application was delivered on 28/10/2018 to IQAS and My transcripts of graduation and masters was delivered on 9/11/2018 and 20/11/2018 respectively. When I can expect my AOR 1&2 mail.

Para1

Jan 2, 2019
Expect
My ECA application status is "waiting for transcripts ". My application was delivered on 28/10/2018 to IQAS and My transcripts of graduation and masters was delivered on 9/11/2018 and 20/11/2018 respectively. When I can expect my AOR 1&2 mail.
Expect them in next 1-2 weeks

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
P.S. This post is bit long, but worth of your time if you are anxious about ECA timelines

Haha! Trust me I also had such thoughts but believe me they are professional (except the long time they take).

To relieve you and all a bit let me share some more experience which shows how professional they are - i) I had some mistakes in my form, and rectified in Additional comments in the form (I was worried whether they will read that or not, but they red that). ii) One of my universities had changed its name twice since I graduated, my transcripts and degrees had different names because of this (only a footnote in fine print in transcripts mentioned the old name, and so I was worried whether they will read that or not, but they red). iii) My transcripts big envelop had two envelop inside, one of them was relatively really small (I worried they will miss one of my small transcript envelop, but they didn't), iv) My transcripts were delivered a way before than my Application delivered (I worried they will misplace my transcripts because they have not received Application form yet, but they didn't misplace). A lot more others, like what if my Hard Copy will lost in transit and so on.. so on.. so on.. All the genuine worries which were actually not a worry at first place, I had no control on these and so I even not thought about these twice, not even emailed them or called them. I was in this forum most of the time to observe others' experience and to share mine as well as to give suggestions to folks who were having problems (and if i know the solution)

In a nutshell, they are professional (except the timings, that could be due to shortage of staff + they have a lot of other stuff to do for Alberta apart from ECA as mentioned on their website + A lot of applications, because people avoiding WES/ICES etc. for obvious reasons), they will take their stipulated time (and sometimes more).

At last, don't worry too much, give it some time, help fellow members if you know answer to their questions. No need to check IQAS portal everyday or counting every single day and spending 15 weeks of restlessness.

Thanks!
Haha, thanks Yogi, my status have changed to "Assessing" this morning, at least I've seen a change now.
Just wondering how long it takes to change to final review.
A quick question, will they give u a ref number after the final review or I need to wait for the soft copy?TIA.

Amitkapoor55

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Haha, thanks Yogi, my status have changed to "Assessing" this morning, at least I've seen a change now.
A quick question, will they give u a ref number after the final review or I need to wait for the soft copy?TIA.
Sounds good....can u pls share ur timeline with us

yogi24

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Could you please see my timeline posted last week (which includes all the status change dates as well). Well, you will get a File No. in the soft copy (this File No. is different from the number generated at the time of application or the one shows against the online status at the portal), In a nutshell, you need to wait for soft copy to get the reference number.

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Sounds good....can u pls share ur timeline with us
My application submitted: August 6, 2018
IQAS Confirmation received: August 24th, 2018
AOR1 Received : September 20th 2018
AOR2 Received : October 1st 2018
Status changed to Assessing : January 20th 2019.
It's really a long journey. Hopefully can get my ECA soon.