01-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-02-2019
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
Hi,
My edu qualifications
BA (3 years) from IGNOU
PGDM (equivalent to MBA, accredited by AIU and AICTE)
I have received my ECA from WES recently and I received only a bachelors equivalency for my masters here in India. The same course is awarded a masters equivalency by WES for my friend. When I enquired about the same i recieved the following response from them.
'WES establishes its equivalency for master’s degrees earned at an Indian university that require a three-year bachelor’s degree for admission on quality indicators related to the underlying bachelor’s degree. Master’s degrees that build on a three-year bachelor’s degree awarded in the First Division by a National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) “A” grade are regarded as comparable to a postgraduate diploma (one year). All others are regarded as comparable to a Canadian bachelor’s degree".
Since IGNOU is not accredited by NAAC, WES gave only bachelors equivalency for MBA. Is there any chance I receive a Masters equivalency if i go with IQAS.

Rajal

Sep 26, 2018
Hi
I've sent all my documents including academic docunents to IQAS on 16th July.
Got AOR1 as in receipt of application e-mail on 14th August.
Haven't got AOR2 as in documents delivery e-mail yet on 26th September.
What can be done?
Please guide me further.
Thanks in Advance.

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hi
I've sent all my documents including academic docunents to IQAS on 16th July.
Got AOR1 as in receipt of application e-mail on 14th August.
Haven't got AOR2 as in documents delivery e-mail yet on 26th September.
What can be done?
Please guide me further.
Thanks in Advance.
Hi,
If you have sent all the documents together, than most likely you will only receive one AOR (which you have received already).
Was it mentioned on the email that your file is in line for processing?

Rajal

Sep 26, 2018
Hi,
If you have sent all the documents together, than most likely you will only receive one AOR (which you have received already).
Was it mentioned on the email that your file is in line for processing?

I've sent sealed transcripts and all other documents together.
I've got this email from IQAS
Re: Receipt of your International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) application

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your application was received by the IQAS office. Once all of the academic documents you requested from your institution arrive in our office we will send you a second email and your file will be placed in line for processing. Our current processing times are posted on the IQAS website: www.alberta.ca/iqas

Please do not call to ask about the status of your application as this can delay processing

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
I've sent sealed transcripts and all other documents together.
I've got this email from IQAS
Re: Receipt of your International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) application

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your application was received by the IQAS office. Once all of the academic documents you requested from your institution arrive in our office we will send you a second email and your file will be placed in line for processing. Our current processing times are posted on the IQAS website: www.alberta.ca/iqas

Please do not call to ask about the status of your application as this can delay processing
You should contact IQAS and ask about the update on the receipt of academic documents.

JayMo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
My timeline:

Application documents delivered to IQAS: June 15, 2018
Transcript delivered to IQAS: July 4, 2018
AOR1: July 16, 2018
AOR2: July 31, 2018
Estimated date to receive ECA soft copy: September 26, 2018

My spouse’s timeline:
Application documents delivered to IQAS: June 15, 2018
Transcript delivered to IQAS: June 20, 2018
AOR1: July 16, 2018
AOR2: July 19, 2018
Estimated date to receive ECA soft copy: September 12, 2018

Does anyone have an idea of the delivery dates for packages they are working on now?
It appears no one on this forum has received ECA soft copy this week, the last announcement we had was last week Friday/Saturday. My spouse and I are still waiting for both ours.

Tanu D

May 19, 2018
Finally Got my ECA report, Positive Outcome, Super happy!!!

Masters Equivalency.

My timeline:
I got the below response from IQAS:
With regard to Sikkim Manipal University, IQAS only assesses its credentials that are recognized by the competent authority of the country, the University Grants Commission (UGC). For distance education programs from the university to be assessed, they must be approved by the Distance Education Bureau (DEB) of UGC or its predecessor, the Distance Education Council (DEC), and must be deemed valid as per relevant UGC regulations and rulings of the Sikkim High Court and the Supreme Court of India. Your MBA is not included in our assessment because Sikkim Manipal University does not have territorial jurisdiction beyond the State of Sikkim, and any study completed at an unapproved campus or study centre outside of Sikkim is considered unrecognized.

Application Package + Transcripts delivered to IQAS: June 20, 2018
AOR2: July 20, 2018

ECA Soft Copy: Sept 22, 2018

Tanu D

May 19, 2018
Thats the part of process, so takes 3 months for evaluation.
I got below response from IQAS:
With regard to Sikkim Manipal University, IQAS only assesses its credentials that are recognized by the competent authority of the country, the University Grants Commission (UGC). For distance education programs from the university to be assessed, they must be approved by the Distance Education Bureau (DEB) of UGC or its predecessor, the Distance Education Council (DEC), and must be deemed valid as per relevant UGC regulations and rulings of the Sikkim High Court and the Supreme Court of India. Your MBA is not included in our assessment because Sikkim Manipal University does not have territorial jurisdiction beyond the State of Sikkim, and any study completed at an unapproved campus or study centre outside of Sikkim is considered unrecognized.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Strange!!

JayMo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
OMG same here Jay.
I was just going to post and ask you.
Should we call now?
Today marks the completion of the 12th week since the last of my documents were delivered to IQAS, they've still got about 2 hours till the close of business in Alberta today, let's see if they will send it. After today, I believe it's ok to call.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
You must have filled the wrong address instead of Sikkim. I’m assuming after reading the last two lines. No one has got this reply ever for SMU-DE. Recheck what all you mentioned while filling out the form.
Or else send your docs again as a fresh applicant, only Your MBA degree for evaluation.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Received my ECA HARD Copy too today - delivered by Fedex.

My timeline:

Application Package + Transcripts delivered to IQAS: June 20, 2018
AOR2: July 20, 2018

ECA Soft Copy: Sept 22, 2018
ECA Hard Copy: Sept 27, 2018