+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

Dapatel10

Aug 5, 2019
My status changed Pending to Inline for processing.
Application submitted~ 3 Sep
Application received ~11 Sep
Then Showed Pending (Waiting for transcript)
Documents (transcript hard copy)sent to IQAS~22 Sep
Inline for processing~17 October

Debssss

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
My status changed Pending to Inline for processing.
Application submitted~ 3 Sep
Application received ~11 Sep
Then Showed Pending (Waiting for transcript)
Documents (transcript hard copy)sent to IQAS~22 Sep
Inline for processing~17 October
Mine equally arrived IQAS 22nd September and I got acknowledgement today.

Panwar1

Oct 17, 2020
My documents were delivered to IQAS on 8th September, but still have not received any confirmation mail.

This is a worrying situation.

Debssss

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
My documents were delivered to IQAS on 8th September, but still have not received any confirmation mail.

This is a worrying situation.
Then you should contact them via call. When I first contacted them they claimed they were opening transcripts received On the week on 31st August , earlier this week when I called they said 7th September, coincidentally yesterday they responded to my email yesterday saying they were opening documentation received on the 12th but I didn’t bother with that information because I got an acknowledgement already shortly before then.

Panwar1

Oct 17, 2020
On 15th October, even had received the mail confirming that they are processing the documents received in the week of 7th September. And yesterday, I believe all the candidates documents delivered on 22nd were responded.

I just hope my documents are not misplaced.

I will make a call on Monday now, they don't work on weekends.

Thanks for your response.

Gobind_Lund

Aug 11, 2011
Hi All,

I want ECA from IQAS. Which option is fine?

1. To send my certificates through Courier.
2. To upload my certified degrees and transcript on IQAS portal (checklist) area.

Please advise.

dee_xcel

Jan 10, 2020
Application submitted - 28th August
Bachelor's documents delivered by University via courier - 26th August
AOR - 2nd September
Inline for Processing - 11th September
Assessing - 25th September
Final Review - 1st October
Fluctuating status - 14th October
Mailed - 16th October

Niyiid

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-20
IELTS Request
07-12-19
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Hi All,

I want ECA from IQAS. Which option is fine?

1. To send my certificates through Courier.
2. To upload my certified degrees and transcript on IQAS portal (checklist) area.

Please advise.
You will be required to upload your certificate but your transcript should be sent by your institution. Ensure you go through your country's guideline

Debssss

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
We’re tou
Application submitted - 28th August
Bachelor's documents delivered by University via courier - 26th August
AOR - 2nd September
Inline for Processing - 11th September
Assessing - 25th September
Final Review - 1st October
Fluctuating status - 14th October
Mailed - 16th October
please were you emailed at every step step of the line or you had to keep checking your dashboard ?

v2road

Jul 15, 2020
Hi, Just thought of sharing my experience here. I am from Pune and hold multiple degrees from Pune University. I have not yet decided to move to Canada but just trying my luck!
1. 2 year Full-time MBA: Transcripsts received from my UGC approved autonomous college affiliated to Pune Unversity: Within 5 days of application (Yeah, proud of my Institute)
2. PGDIB & BBA: Transcripts received from Pune University through post: 36 days exactly. (Lucky, they mention 60 days but there have been instances of up to 6 months sometimes. You need to apply for your transcripts through https://bcud.unipune.ac.in/CERTIFICATE/GeneralPages/Transcript_online.aspx. Officials don't know much about IQAS procedures but are very well versed with WES.)
3. HSC/12th & SSC 10th: Never knew that the organisation which is supposed to be the foundation of my education is so pathetic. Women employees in Maharastra State Board Office of Pune don't even have access to a decent washroom. That explains why I dealt with a very frustrated staff while getting my Marks Sheet and Certificates attested. On my way back home I just happened to renew my car insurance and link it to DigiLocker, only to find that my Board has already been linked and Digitally signed copies are readily available online. ***Before approaching your University/Institute/Board please verify if they have already digitised themselves, will save you a lot of time, effort and money. https://digilocker.gov.in/ and https://nad.ndml.in/ (Proud of our Central Government as well, now)
4. TRUECOPY: I went to their Baner office personally to make sure they are not fraudulent, one of the many advantages of being in Pune :). I was wrong and these folks are completely genuine. The office might not be that posh but it's more like a start-up. Very friendly and helpful staff. Handed over all my sealed transcript envelopes to them (Make sure no envelopes are opened, if not they will not accept your documents). Especially if you are sending them the transcripts by post or courier. Once accepted Truecopy will verify your documents and get back to you on email for rectifications if any. If all goes well then they will directly convert it to a digitised form and upload it on their servers post you pay their processing charges. Once done they will send you a link to their Web Page/App which has a huge list of Organisations. You will find IQAS/WES/ICES all in that list. Select IQAS, pay the Truecopy link delivery fee. You will get an email confirmation at every stage. The only flaw I see here is that we need to assume that TRUECOPY has done everything correctly. I would prefer them sharing at least a watermarked copy of the documents as and how they send it to IQAS.
5. IQAS ECA application: I suggest you skim this thread for the correct process/responses shared by our folk ashish.kanish (Appreciate his quick response and guidance). I specifically mentioned in the note to IQAS that I just want my MBA degree assessed. (I personally predict Truecopy growing leaps and bounds in the coming years and don't see why the digital verification won't work for other purposes as well. That's the reason I got all my credentials converted to Digital using Truecopy; also costs the same. Further serves as a backup, just in case IQAS doesn't process my MBA as Masters and downgrades it. In that case, I will need to go to WES for faster assessment in the 'More than one-degree' category)

My Timeline to date:
Transcripts sent through Truecopy and IQAS order confirmation: 20th Sept 2020
Application Received: 24th Sept 2020
Inline for processing: 24th Sept 2020

Now waiting for the day when the status changes. In hindsight, I think I should have experimented BCIT ICES. That saves $75 on the courier, as you have an option of not opting for physical ECA report copy. Secure electronic access by IRCC to view your report online is provided which for ECA purposes is more than enough. Plus their recent time thread suggests a faster turnaround. I have a hunch that they would turnaround even faster if transcripts are sent through Digital medium. It's just that no one has tried :(
As per feedback from the user, parthest said on ICES
''I applied for ECA via an online option on ICES website - on 15th July 2020
Evaluation Completed 13th August 2020
Status Update as Evaluation Complete & Sent through the mail (DHL courier)- 26th August 2020 ( hardly 5-6 weeks - quite fast compared to my expectations)
Physical Copy Recd - 03rd Sept 2020 - Got ECA as Comparable Level of Education in Canada - One Year Masters Degree'

6. IELTS: Now studying as I type this post :) I will surely share the updates once the status changes, hopefully in the next fortnight!

Last edited: