+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

Jasdeogan

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
I am in the same shoes as you were. . .

I have similar degrees and university.... I have despatched the sealed transcripts yesterday to IQAS. How much time can I expect from now?

Thanks in advance. ..
Hello there
You can expect your eca exactly two months after the second AOR.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Really? I can send them my self :D YAY
@SithLord you’re one of those people that pop up with positive vibes .

So are u sure I can send the transcripts myself because only god knows how the employees at my university function..
So I should send a copy of my passport, copy of the application form and receipt??
Just making sure since this is my only shot :(
Man, I received a lot of motivation here when there seemed no hope. I had great support from people like @YPS who kept pushing me, so just trying to give back to the community :)

Yes, you can definitely send it by yourself. You will need one big package.

Put your passport copy, application form and receipt in 1 package, then get your sealed transcripts from your university. Finally, put these 2 packages together in 1 big package and post it. I also included copies of my transcripts in a third package but don't think that was required since you are sending the official transcripts together with your application. Just make sure you include your reference number in all your packages :)

As long as the transcripts are sealed you won't have any issue :)

Reactions: YPS

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Okay , update .
So since I’m not living in my home country, my dad will pass by the university...
request my degree and transcripts...
Ask them to put copies in a sealed and stamped envelope..
Call the dhl courier to come over to the university..
Put the sealed envelope and passport copy and filled application form and checklist INSIDE the DHL envelope
-Then ask one of the employees to send it off to IQAS

Would that be alright ? Would that be considered as sent directly from university to IQAS?
(university employees are zombies)
Yes that will work :)

Reactions: Zigzag85

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
My application and transcript delivered there on 4th sep and another transcript delivered on 2nd oct ,how much time IQAS will take now to issue soft copy of eca ?
Your 12 week timeline starts from October 2nd. So you should expect your ECA by January 1st week.

indoparis

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Hi all, to update you, a quick recap of my case after talking to the officer at IQAS today:
AOR: Aug 8th
Expected ECA: Nov 15th (this is what I am told by the officer).
So finally another month's wait long due. Seemingly now it is taking somewhere between 13 and 15 weeks owing to the delay!

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
Hi all, to update you, a quick recap of my case after talking to the officer at IQAS today:
So finally another month's wait long due. Seemingly now it is taking somewhere between 13 and 15 weeks owing to the delay!
That's not encouraging trend :(

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
So my theory that it is 12 weeks from AOR is correct

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
Yes it is 12 weeks from the date of AOR. I wonder how certain people received their ECA in less than 8 weeks o_Oo_Oo_O
In April everything was done within 3 months for me after documents delivered .... I think 10 days before 3 months :eek:

I ll loose 5 points in December 2nd week even if I get iqas positive after that, it may not be very helpful :(

I am expecting results by this month end which is 2 months after AOR2 .. :(

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
In April everything was done within 3 months for me after documents delivered .... I think 10 days before 3 months :eek:

I ll loose 5 points in December 2nd week even if I get iqas positive after that, it may not be very helpful :(

I am expecting results by this month end which is 2 months after AOR2 .. :(
Even if you get ECA done by November , should be enough, brother. Stay hopeful :)