+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

JayMo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hello Jay,
Are you sure? because people on this forum posted this email as AOR2.

What does your AOR2 email look like?

Hi Justine62,

This is what my AOR2 email looks like, our application forms were delivered before our academic documents.

Re: Receipt of your International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) application - academic documents

Dear XXXX

Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your academic documents were received by the IQAS office and your file is now placed in line for processing. Please visit www.alberta.ca/iqas for the current processing time.

During the assessment, you will only be contacted by our office if we need more information or documents. Please do not call to ask about the status of your application as this can delay processing. If you wish to add information to the application, or change information already submitted, you may mail the information to:

International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
9th Floor, 108 Street Building, 9942 – 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5K 2J5​

Please quote your File number on all correspondence

Once the assessment has been completed, the IQAS certificate will be mailed to you. You will also receive an IQAS email notification with an electronic copy of your IQAS certificate. If you requested that the IQAS assessment be sent to a Canadian address, Canada Post will send you a Delivery Notice Card to that address to let you know that your package is available for pick-up at your local post-office. It is your responsibility to collect your package with the proper identification.

Sincerely,

IQAS

eddy19

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
finally received my ECA certificate.

My time line

documents delivered - 29 May
AOR 2 received - 03 july
ECA soft copy received - 01 September

My MBA from Cardiff Metropolitan University is equivalent to Masters in Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: vrindavijayan91

JayMo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
finally received my ECA certificate.

My time line

documents delivered - 29 May
AOR 2 received - 03 july
ECA soft copy received - 01 August

My MBA from Cardiff Metropolitan University is equivalent to Masters in Canada.
Hi eddy19,

Did you mean to say you received your ECA soft copy on 01 September?

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
Very well then, I have noticed the trend seems to be ECA soft copy is received about two months after AOR2 or three months after all documents are delivered.
Three months normal SLA after all documents delivered...... Mid December or Jan onwards it slows down for few months cause of holidays n then backlogs....

JayMo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Three months normal SLA after all documents delivered...... Mid December or Jan onwards it slows down for few months cause of holidays n then backlogs....
Interesting, mid-December/January up till which month is this slow down normally experienced?

GJN

Mar 20, 2018
Hi,

Having looked at the discussion threads...i have a question related to Iqas... I have sent my bachelor's and master documents for evaluation... But the issue is that at the time of sending documents i did not have my master degree so i had sent the provisional... Which now i see would not help... But i have received the degree copy now from my institution.... So should i send them the degree as a separate courier or should i wait for their respons/ querry...

Please advice dins so that i can share it as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Gaurav

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
Hi,

Having looked at the discussion threads...i have a question related to Iqas... I have sent my bachelor's and master documents for evaluation... But the issue is that at the time of sending documents i did not have my master degree so i had sent the provisional... Which now i see would not help... But i have received the degree copy now from my institution.... So should i send them the degree as a separate courier or should i wait for their respons/ querry...

Please advice dins so that i can share it as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Gaurav
I am in same situation for my wife's ECA, I sent docs with provisional degree, struggling to get original degree from Mumbai University expecting email from IQAS in next 10 days on the same..... :(

In your case once the case officer is assigned, he / she will send an email to you asking original degree scan copy on email then you can provide.....

I had sent my docs with provisional and got email from IQAS to submit scan copy...... My BA+MBA was evaluated as Masters by IQAS in April ... :)

GJN

Mar 20, 2018
I am in same situation for my wife's ECA, I sent docs with provisional degree, struggling to get original degree from Mumbai University expecting email from IQAS in next 10 days on the same..... :(

In your case once the case officer is assigned, he / she will send an email to you asking original degree scan copy on email then you can provide.....

I had sent my docs with provisional and got email from IQAS to submit scan copy...... My BA+MBA was evaluated as Masters by IQAS in April ... :)

But I read somewhere that the case officer may or may not ask for the it... He/ she has the right to decline the the evaluation saying the documents are incomplete.

I hope the send the email for querry and be satisfied with the scan copy of the degree..

Thanks
Gaurav