+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

neeraja404

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
I have eca report of smu mba, it is definitely eqvalent to master's in canada
Was it a full time or distance learning. I have done distance learning MBA and when contacted SMU they asked me to contact SMIT. Apparently SMIT is dealing with the transcripts. Was ur case the same too?

piscean26

Aug 27, 2017
Hi all,

Is there anyone who got their ECA done for PG Diploma from Welingkar's Institute, Mumbai?

Or does anyone know what can be the Canadian equivalency for Distance Learning 2 years course(Recognised by D

vrindavijayan91

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
India
Yes, 4 years b.tech
Well I had applied for the same and sent all the docs including tranacripts to IQAS by end of April. Unfortunately they lost my B.Tech transcripts envelope while my file was being transferred from the mailing room to the IQAS office after opening the package; and there was nothing I could do. So I had to ask them to proceed with evaluating just my MBA degree instead of wasting much time as the university will take around 2 months to issue the transcripts again.
So my fear is, as it is only an MBA degree, would they equate it as a diploma, as my bachelors is not being assessed here.
PS. I don't mean to scare anyone. What happend with my documents, is a very rare case.

Last edited:

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
After WES evaluated my spouse's Master degree as PG Diploma, have sent both Bachelors and Masters degrees to IQAS. I've sent both the sealed transcript envelopes along with degree & marksheet copies, application form, checklist, passport copy in a single courier myself and they received the courier on 25th July as per DHL tracking. Now starts the waiting game as all of you are patiently doing :O
Can people who've got ECA recently, please comment on:
1) When approx I can get the AOR email (assuming we'll get only one AOR since everything sent together)
2) After that, approx how much time it may take to get the ECA?
Thanks!

anne69

Jun 6, 2018
Congratulations! Could you please share your full timeline? Also, what is your highest degree and the equivalency you got?
Congratulations! Could you please share your full timeline? Also, what is your highest degree and the equivalency you got?
Sorry I don’t remember my full dates but it’s posted somewhere on this thread. I got AOR 2 on May 23 and received ECA July 26th. I evaluated my BSC and Masters degree.

I consistently sent them mails idk if that helped because I sent a mail 2days ago and got my ECA yesterday.

Reactions: samikdg

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hello my timeline so far
Application arrived : 10th April
Transcripts Arrived: 17th April

AOR 1 : May 10
AOR 2 : May 23

Soft copy: not yet
Hard Copy: not yet

Just hoping it doesn’t take more than a month. Tiring
Sorry I don’t remember my full dates but it’s posted somewhere on this thread. I got AOR 2 on May 23 and received ECA July 26th. I evaluated my BSC and Masters degree.

I consistently sent them mails idk if that helped because I sent a mail 2days ago and got my ECA yesterday.
Thanks, got your full timeline on one of your comments on 6th June :)
Did you mean you had BSc (3 years) and MSc (2 years) degrees and did you get a Masters equivalency? Trying to understand as my spouse has BA (3 years) and MA (2 years) degrees.
Thanks in advance!

Lamart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018

Congrats on your ECA. Pls can u provide the email address you used in contacting them. Thanks

anne69

Jun 6, 2018
Thanks, got your full timeline on one of your comments on 6th June :)
Did you mean you had BSc (3 years) and MSc (2 years) degrees and did you get a Masters equivalency? Trying to understand as my spouse has BA (3 years) and MA (2 years) degrees.
Thanks in advance!
Yes I had a BSC of 4years and Masters of (1.5 years) evaluated in Computer Engineering. Yes I got a masters equivalency

Reactions: samikdg

neeraja404

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Can anyone please guide how they got the transcripts from SMU-DE !!

I contacted the university and they asked me to send the request form and all docs through courier. But unfortunately no agencies provide service from Bangalore to SMU. Tried DTDC, professional & Bluedart. Do you think they will approve if I send them by email ?