LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Invitation - nov 7
Application submitted - nov 23
Medical passed -dec 8
NA2 - jan 20
IP2. - till now response

Dear friends,
I’m processing from India and have submitted my application as mentioned above.. the status of my application is in NA2 for almost more than 40 days.. where as my friend from Canada who have submitted his application from Canada has recovered PPR request and visa stamped.. could anyone please tell me how long usually it takes for IP2 to pass.. and is there anyway to enquire with the immigration offcie about my application status.. it would be really helpful if somebody could throw some light on this issue... thanks in advance
Please don't compare your application process with others and hit the panic button. No two processes will be same. To get your current status, you can always mail IRCC with your application particulars.

zzeinab

Feb 15, 2018
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
18-12-2016
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
28-12-2017
There is no fixed time from IP2 to PPR. I received it in 15 days. But I have seen people wait for 3 to 4 months to receive the mail. Hopefully, you will receive it sooner.
For PNP applicants, I see they get their PPRs at the same day of IP2 (BGIP) or a day after! When I compare myself I get stressed. I have hold my trip, the extension of my WP and many things for this email. SoooooOOO frustrating :(:confused:

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
For PNP applicants, I see they get their PPRs at the same day of IP2 (BGIP) or a day after! When I compare myself I get stressed. I have hold my trip, the extension of my WP and many things for this email. SoooooOOO frustrating :(:confused:
Yeah I can understand your frustration but comparing with other profiles will only leave you in despair. So relax and wait.

Reactions: zzeinab

sidhardh

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
London
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
18/01/2018
IP 2 stands for In Progress 2. It refers to the starting of second background check of your application, after your AOR and IP 1 respectively.
At IP 2 stage (which mostly happens at your local visa office-LVO) your application gets checked for eligibility, i.e that whether the information provided by you is correct, you meet all the requirements of the stream you are applying for. You have legitimate work experience under the NOC you have claimed. Your CRS score is correctly calculated. Your education documents are in order. They check your background for criminality and security, to determine you are no threat to Canada. They basically at this stage check that each and every information provided by you is correct or not and that whether you have all qualifications and credentials that you have claimed in your application.
The application process in most cases follows this sequence-
AOR (acknowledgement of receipt)----> Medicals Passed---> IP 1 (Background in progress 1, here your application is checked for completeness i.e that you have attached all documents required by CIC correctly or not, also refereed to as R10 check)---> IP 2--->PPR (passport request)---->CoPR

Sometimes, your background check (IP 1) can change before medicals are passed, but over all both IP 1 and medicals go side by side independent of each other.
LVO for indians??