+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IP2

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
What does IP2 mean?
IP 2 stands for In Progress 2. It refers to the starting of second background check of your application, after your AOR and IP 1 respectively.
At IP 2 stage (which mostly happens at your local visa office-LVO) your application gets checked for eligibility, i.e that whether the information provided by you is correct, you meet all the requirements of the stream you are applying for. You have legitimate work experience under the NOC you have claimed. Your CRS score is correctly calculated. Your education documents are in order. They check your background for criminality and security, to determine you are no threat to Canada. They basically at this stage check that each and every information provided by you is correct or not and that whether you have all qualifications and credentials that you have claimed in your application.
The application process in most cases follows this sequence-
AOR (acknowledgement of receipt)----> Medicals Passed---> IP 1 (Background in progress 1, here your application is checked for completeness i.e that you have attached all documents required by CIC correctly or not, also refereed to as R10 check)---> IP 2--->PPR (passport request)---->CoPR

Sometimes, your background check (IP 1) can change before medicals are passed, but over all both IP 1 and medicals go side by side independent of each other.

1IslandGirl

Jun 8, 2017
Thanks so much for your detailed response. This has been helpful.

Does it actually say IP2? Mine moved from Next step to in progress to not applicable and now in progress again.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
N
Thanks so much for your detailed response. This has been helpful.

Does it actually say IP2? Mine moved from Next step to in progress to not applicable and now in progress again.
No it does not, it exactly goes as you have mentioned above (first, in progress and then not applicable and then again in progress).
you are now in IP 2 stage.
Good Luck.

nishatd

Mar 16, 2017
Can you please help me understand what stage i am at;

My medical passed
Background: Application is in process. We will send you a message when we start the background check.

I am not sure what this means.

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Can you please help me understand what stage i am at;

My medical passed
Background: Application is in process. We will send you a message when we start the background check.

I am not sure what this means.
So called 'IP1'.

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
whats the difference between IP1 and IP2....our application has been at he local visa office since April......
Initially in 'IP1' they just check completeness of your documents. If that clears you go to 'Not Applicable' during which they check for your eligibility and security which is 'IP2'.

nishatd

Mar 16, 2017
Initially in 'IP1' they just check completeness of your documents. If that clears you go to 'Not Applicable' during which they check for your eligibility and security which is 'IP2'.

is this diffenrt for family sponsorship? Because we applied for famiyl sponsorship...

allawi

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Thanks for the info!

My medical have not been passed yet but my background status is "not applicable". Does that mean IRCC is waiting for my medicals to proceed with IP2?

IP 2 stands for In Progress 2. It refers to the starting of second background check of your application, after your AOR and IP 1 respectively.
At IP 2 stage (which mostly happens at your local visa office-LVO) your application gets checked for eligibility, i.e that whether the information provided by you is correct, you meet all the requirements of the stream you are applying for. You have legitimate work experience under the NOC you have claimed. Your CRS score is correctly calculated. Your education documents are in order. They check your background for criminality and security, to determine you are no threat to Canada. They basically at this stage check that each and every information provided by you is correct or not and that whether you have all qualifications and credentials that you have claimed in your application.
The application process in most cases follows this sequence-
AOR (acknowledgement of receipt)----> Medicals Passed---> IP 1 (Background in progress 1, here your application is checked for completeness i.e that you have attached all documents required by CIC correctly or not, also refereed to as R10 check)---> IP 2--->PPR (passport request)---->CoPR

Sometimes, your background check (IP 1) can change before medicals are passed, but over all both IP 1 and medicals go side by side independent of each other.

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Thanks for the info!

My medical have not been passed yet but my background status is "not applicable". Does that mean IRCC is waiting for my medicals to proceed with IP2?
I am in the similar situation.
Which stream are you in and whats your timeline ?

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Thanks for the info!

Please tell me your AOR date, and are you saying that your IP1 is already done and medicals have not been cleared yet? Then I will be able help you better.

Reactions: Cynicalmonk