+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IP2 taking too long ??

TFK1982

Oct 18, 2017
Hi every one.

I hope everyones application for the express entry is on Track.

I submitted my application in January 2018 and had received my AOR on Jan 9th 2018.

Soon my profile showed that I had passed my medicals and on 1st March 2018, my background check status changed to "We are reviewing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information".

This shows that I'm in IP2. The application states I don't require any fingerprints or additional documents or interview.

But as far as I knew, getting a PPR from IP2 should not take that much time but it's already been a month now.

Is this normal? Should I be contacting somebody ? Is there a general trend for people getting their PPR late now once they are in there IP2 stage...

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks Guys.

lkva

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Hi every one.

I submitted my application in January 2018 and had received my AOR on Jan 9th 2018.

Soon my profile showed that I had passed my medicals and on 1st March 2018, my background check status changed to "We are reviewing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information".

This shows that I'm in IP2. The application states I don't require any fingerprints or additional documents or interview.

But as far as I knew, getting a PPR from IP2 should not take that much time but it's already been a month now.

Is this normal? Should I be contacting somebody ? Is there a general trend for people getting their PPR late now once they are in there IP2 stage...

General processing time for EE is still 6 months, so you have nothing to worry about. If you read some of the posts on this forum you'll see that some people received PPR in as little as 30 days, some after 100 days, and some people are still waiting after 8 months, or even a year.
If you want to know more about your status you can order GCMS notes.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

Manji0088

Oct 9, 2018
Hi every one.