+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inviting mother-in-law to Canada in Covid 19!

Annadee

Mar 18, 2018
Hello everyone

I have a question, I’m pregnant and will be deliver baby in 4 months ( due date in May), I applied my PR in December 18, but haven’t heard anything from it. I wondered if my husband could invite my mom- his mother in law to come here to take care of me ? If yes, how we gonna do it ? I really need her by my side after I gave birth during covid 19. Thank you so much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone

I have a question, I’m pregnant and will be deliver baby in 4 months ( due date in May), I applied my PR in December 18, but haven’t heard anything from it. I wondered if my husband could invite my mom- his mother in law to come here to take care of me ? If yes, how we gonna do it ? I really need her by my side after I gave birth during covid 19. Thank you so much
His mother would apply for a regular TRV. See the link below. She should say she is coming to visit you - not take care of you. Taking care of you may be regarded as working.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Note that application processing times are quite long right now due to COVID.

Annadee

Mar 18, 2018
His mother would apply for a regular TRV. See the link below. She should say she is coming to visit you - not take care of you. Taking care of you may be regarded as working.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Note that application processing times are quite long right now due to COVID.
thank you so much for your reply I forgot to mention my mom has super visa already, I just wondering if my husband could invite my mom who is his mother in law to come to Canada in covid 19 because I read on IRCC website only invite immediate family members to come to Canada. I haven’t had my PR yet so I asked my husband to do it for me, but I don’t know CIC would say yes. Thanks

marta12

Sep 5, 2017
Italy
hi annadee, were you able to get your mom to canada? did she need any authorization to be exempt from travel restrictions? I am pregnant and due in november with a toddler already to take care of and really need my parents to come and help out. If you can share your experience, please, I would appreciate it.

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
I really appreciate it if you could assist me regarding my spouse situation. She is pregnant and her due date is on January 27, 2021. Also, we reside in Canada on a temporary status, and I have just applied for PR. We would like to invite her mom to visit her during her pregnancy. How should we start the visa process? what type of visa she will need? when is the best time to start the process according to my spouse's due date? Which details we should include in our invitation letter? Also, how much fund do we need to show for her? Her mom has a property in our home country under her name, and we have got about 13k CAD in our account, do you think it would be sufficient? And the most important thing, regarding COVID situation, what kind of documentation we should prepare, I mean a letter from her obstetrician would be enough to exempt her mother from traveling to Canada restrictions ? Or we gonna need more documents? I really appreciate your time and help.