+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invited to Citizenship Hearing

Saad1985

Nov 22, 2014
Hi everyone - I completed my citizenship test in July 2022 and was waiting for oath ceremony invitation. However, I have message in my Citizenship Application Tracker that states that I have been invited to a Citizenship Hearing. The message says that a letter/email has been sent to me but I have not received anything yet. Has anyone gone through a citizenship hearing? Do you know why people are invited to those? Any info will be helpful. Thanks!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi everyone - I completed my citizenship test in July 2022 and was waiting for oath ceremony invitation. However, I have message in my Citizenship Application Tracker that states that I have been invited to a Citizenship Hearing. The message says that a letter/email has been sent to me but I have not received anything yet. Has anyone gone through a citizenship hearing? Do you know why people are invited to those? Any info will be helpful. Thanks!
Did they request RQ or RQ-lite before you got the hearing request?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
No, nothing. Its out of the blue. What is RQ btw?
I've never seen people go straight to citizenship judge hearing. This means the citizenship office is unable to make a decision thus it needs a citizenship judge to decide.
Usually if they question your residency eligibility, they'll issue you RQ or RQ-lite so that you can provide additional documents.
But they may have concerns about other aspects of your eligibility. Wait for @dpenabill to answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saad1985

wink

May 25, 2021
"Citizenship Hearing" is the exact phrase used in the tracker? I would think it is just an interview which is very common.

Reactions: iceman55

Jeevan Kumar

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Looks like what used to be called an interview, now getting referred to as "Hearing". I see another applicant posted the same:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-interview.750772/post-10265595

Hello Everyone, I am the one posted. I got the "Hearing Required" status only for the Citizenship Test column. It is not the final decision that they made, Still my language skills, Physical calculator rest of the things are In Progress

wink

May 25, 2021
Hello Everyone, I am the one posted. I got the "Hearing Required" status only for the Citizenship Test column. It is not the final decision that they made, Still my language skills, Physical calculator rest of the things are In Progress
Okay, thanks for that info. Maybe instead of rescheduling (could be due to blurred pictures/video, person went outside frame, or some other events during the test), they might want to talk to the candidates and decide what should be the next step. is my guess...

Saad1985

Nov 22, 2014
Hello all, I had my interview scheduled for this morning, however I received an email stating that my interview has been cancelled due to 'unforeseen circumstances'. Any clues what's going on?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello all, I had my interview scheduled for this morning, however I received an email stating that my interview has been cancelled due to 'unforeseen circumstances'. Any clues what's going on?
Probably somebody got flu...

Amit_gupta143143

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Hi,
I’m in the same boat. Got 2 updates in my online account. First one say interview required on March 1st and second one says hearing required on March 3rd.

how dis you citizenship hearing go? If you can please share soke information about what all did they ask and why is it done?

thanks!

stonege77

Dec 14, 2022
it happened to me in the past , my hearing was cancelled coz water damage in ircc building lol