+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to apply for an International Experience Canada work permit

nikitasss

Feb 20, 2022
Hello,

I received an "Invitation to apply for an International Experience Canada work permit".
I am from France. I am 35 years old right now.
Will I be given 1 or 2 years work permit?

My goal is to gain 1 year Canada work experience so I can apply for EE at the end. How do you stay in Canada if your work permit has expired while you wait for EE or PNP?

What about my relatives? I have a 5 months old baby, I cannot just leave him if they give him (and my wife) only a 6 month Tourist visa. Are they going to give them 1~2 years?

Cheers

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I received an "Invitation to apply for an International Experience Canada work permit".
I am from France. I am 35 years old right now.
Will I be given 1 or 2 years work permit?

My goal is to gain 1 year Canada work experience so I can apply for EE at the end. How do you stay in Canada if your work permit has expired while you wait for EE or PNP?

What about my relatives? I have a 5 months old baby, I cannot just leave him if they give him (and my wife) only a 6 month Tourist visa. Are they going to give them 1~2 years?

Cheers
Look up how long French citizens get a permit. Some countries are one year.

If you don’t get an invitation/nomination before the expiry of your work permit, you quit working or see if your employer will file a LMIA and pay $1k. The LMIA proves no Canadian or PR can do the job. Then you apply for a closed work permit. The process is long and you may have to stop working during the process. Make sure you get a skilled job.

Your spouse and wife can enter as tourists (get health insurance). Once in Canada they can stay up to 6 months but you can file extensions within the country. The extensions may or may not be approved.

nikitasss

Feb 20, 2022
Look up how long French citizens get a permit. Some countries are one year.

If you don’t get an invitation/nomination before the expiry of your work permit, you quit working or see if your employer will file a LMIA and pay $1k. The LMIA proves no Canadian or PR can do the job. Then you apply for a closed work permit. The process is long and you may have to stop working during the process. Make sure you get a skilled job.

Your spouse and wife can enter as tourists (get health insurance). Once in Canada they can stay up to 6 months but you can file extensions within the country. The extensions may or may not be approved.
thanks a lot

France is 2 years, just worried they will give only 1 year because i will be 36 years old when starting the second year.

You can remain in Canada while waiting for a closed work permit (as long as you do not work) ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks a lot

France is 2 years, just worried they will give only 1 year because i will be 36 years old when starting the second year.

You can remain in Canada while waiting for a closed work permit (as long as you do not work) ?
No - you will be given a 2 year work permit.