+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation letter for my Filipina girlfriend

Pop Punk

Jun 16, 2019
Hi,

This is a follow-up to this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-for-my-filipina-girlfriend.637915/

So, I wrote this invitation letter draft for her application. It's nothing intricate, but I would like to know if there's anything I should add to or remove from it.

I also understand the chances of her visa getting accepted are close to 0%, but I'll try anyway.

Here it is:

Hi,

My name is ******* *********. I am a 27 year old Canadian citizen, and I am writing this invitation letter for ***** ******* as part of her application process for a Temporary Resident Visa.

***** and I have been corresponding daily since February 2019, and have spent 3 weeks together in the Philippines in May 2019, where we had the chance to get to know each other better, travel and spend time with her family.

Since I cannot realistically go back to the Philippines before January 2020 due to work obligations, we would be really grateful if she was approved for this visa which would allow her to come stay with me for a month and discover my culture, like I discovered hers. She would most definitely go back to her home country after the duration of her visit, where she has her entire family (father, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, niece and dog) and friends. She also has 3 more years of school to complete before she becomes a teacher.

Now, with her being a 19 year old student with no assets, I would of course be responsible of her and her expenses during her stay here. I am well aware that she does not specifically meet the usual requirements for this type of visa, but still, I am taking a chance in hopes of a positive outcome which would mean so much to us.

Sincerely,

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You have basically no chance of getting a TRV. Your case also is exactly what the Government of Canada warns against.

Be cautious when you go abroad to meet a marriage partner, especially if the relationship began on the Internet. A potential partner may consider marriage to a Canadian citizen as a ticket to an immigrant visa. Many Canadians have quit their jobs, given up their homes and sold all their belongings in anticipation of an overseas union that immediately fails or never occurs.

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/documents/marriage-overseas

I'm not suggesting that your relationship is fake, but that is how it will look like to IRCC.

If you want to give it a shot just to say that you tried everything, go for it. Be prepared for a rejection.