+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation Letter - Addressed to the Guest or Visa Officer

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are inviting the guest to come to visit Canada, so naturally addressed to the guest.

nexgenprise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
steaky said:
You are inviting the guest to come to visit Canada, so naturally addressed to the guest.
Well...that obvious!! I know that but then when I looked at some of the sample invitation letter being floated in the forum...although you are saying you are inviting your family member to Canada but then its addressed to Visa Office.

Something like ..as shown below. Do you have any sample letter which you could share with me?

Date: 17th March 2015

Dear Visa Officer,

I am writing this to support Canada Temporary Visa resident application for my Father In-Law and Mother In-Law currently residing at Patna, Bihar, India. I would like to invite my father in-law Mr. Satya Narayan Prasad Modi to visit Canada for a family visit.
A high level itinerary with some sightseeing, spending time with family with expense in CAD, is attached. They have attached their bank statement as an evidence to support the finances for their stay. They have also bought Overseas Travel Medical Insurance from Tata AIG for the duration of their stay and have a valid / confirmed return ticket.
They are in good health and capable of doing things on their own. Please note that they don’t have any intention to settle in Canada and will definitely come back with in the allowed timeframe.
Detail of the Gueat

Details of the Host

Name

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
When I write an invitation letter I address it like this:

"To whom it may concern"

I think it doesn't matter, what matters is the content.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nexgenprise said:
Something like ..as shown below. Do you have any sample letter which you could share with me?
Nope, because every invitation letter is unique. Besides there is no covering letters and confirmed plane tickets / travel insurance receipt - but again some visa office might not require them.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Invitation letter should be addressed to the Canadian High Commission at New Delhi

You may want to make the following changes to the Invitation Letter:
a. Add a subject line

b. Reference: Brief details of each applicant ie Name/Passport Number/Nationality/Relationship: My father-in-law

c. Mention they have not applied for Canada TRV or Super Visa earlier

d. Separate sections, bullet point details of Host + Applicant 1 + Applicant 2 (like I stated in previous post).... BUT also add Host Address/Host Contact details/Host UCI Number/number of family members living with Host

e. State that your in-laws have strong ties to their home country vis-a-vis employment blah blah blah (bullet point-wise)

f. State that they have purchased confirmed flight tickets + medical insurance with full coverage, etc

g. State that you will provide for accommodation, travel and living expenses during their visit

h. Add 'I stand guarantee that my in-laws shall not become public charge or a liability to the Government of Canada, and that they will depart from Canada on XX date.'

i. Give list of Host documents

All the best :)

nexgenprise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Bryanna said:
Hi,

Invitation letter should be addressed to the Canadian High Commission at New Delhi

You may want to make the following changes to the Invitation Letter:
a. Add a subject line
- Added.

b. Reference: Brief details of each applicant ie Name/Passport Number/Nationality/Relationship: My father-in-law
- Already have it so I am good.

c. Mention they have not applied for Canada TRV or Super Visa earlier
- Will do./

d. Separate sections, bullet point details of Host + Applicant 1 + Applicant 2 (like I stated in previous post).... BUT also add Host Address/Host Contact details/Host UCI Number/number of family members living with Host
- Already there. Do we really need UCI ( Too much of information)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp

e. State that your in-laws have strong ties to their home country vis-a-vis employment blah blah blah (bullet point-wise)
- Will do.

f. State that they have purchased confirmed flight tickets + medical insurance with full coverage, etc
- Already there.

g. State that you will provide for accommodation, travel and living expenses during their visit
- I actually wrote it and later removed based on the requirement mentioned on below website. Could you please take a look? Looks like that is one of the requirement for Super Visa.

i. Give list of Host documents
-Already did./

All the best :)

nexgenprise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Hi Bryanan,

Good morning:

In the invitation letter we are required to mention the details of Guest and his/her family member. As a supporting document,. do we need to provide Passport copy and PR card for each family member? Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
State that you will provide for accommodation, travel and living expenses during their visit
- I actually wrote it and later removed based on the requirement mentioned on below website. Could you please take a look? Looks like that is one of the requirement for Super Visa.
You must mention it as your in-laws will be visiting you/your wife..... otherwise, they will have to provide proofs of hotel bookings, etc

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
In the invitation letter we are required to mention the details of Guest and his/her family member. As a supporting document,. do we need to provide Passport copy and PR card for each family member? Thanks.
You need to provide photocopies of you/your wife's passports + PR cards

nexgenprise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Hi Brayanan,

I am going for 3-4 weeks..and that makes more sense. I should be able to provide day - to - day itinerary with expense ..and it looks more reasonable form vistor visa point iof view.

I do have a questions, if VO decides to grant visa, what would be the duration of VISA. I believe all TRV are 6 months no? Single or Multiple entry..Depends upon VO.

SuperVisa

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Letter of lnvitation and Solemn Declaration

The Canadian Embassy
lmmigration Section
(address)

l, xxxx (D.O.B)and my wife xxxxxx (D.O.B. ) residing at xxxxxxx, Canada,; phone number: xxxxxxx; cell phone number: xxxxxx respectively; are both Canadian Citizens.

SOLEMNLY DECLARE AS FOLLOWS:

. We make this declaration in connection with a request for a Student Permit, for
YYYxxxxxxxx(D.o.B. ), id. number, who is a Citizen of xxxx, reside at xxxxxx; cell phone number xxxxx;
. Purpose of trip: For YYYxxx is to study as a full-time student in the English
Language Program at the University of xxx - Language Centre from
March 25,2015 to December 04, 2015. Address: xxxx, Phone number: xxxxxx Fax:xxxxxxx, Website: xxxxx;
. YYYxxx will come to Canada around March 25,2015 to stay for approximately 9 months. At the conclusion of her English Language Program, we will make sure that YYYxxx returns safely to (xxxx Country) on or before the day specified in the temporary residency;
. We hereby undertake to provide living accommodations for YYYxxx at our residence at xxxx, Canada, and will cover the expenses of housing, food, and all other related to
these expenses incurred during YYYxx's stay in Canada, from or around March 25,2015 to or around December 04,2015;
. YYYxx's grand-father xxxxxxx, who is a Citizen of xxxxxxxx, will
be responsible to cover for all travel expenses, tuition, medical expenses,
transport, entertainment and all other related to these expenses whatsoever
incurred during YYYxxx's stay in Canada, from or around March 25,2015
to or around December 04, 2015;
. | , xxxxxx work as a Fixed Operations Manager, since September
2011 for xxxxxxx, my annual income including salary , commission
and bonuses are approximately $00,000 CAD. Address: xxxxx, Phone number: xxxx;
. My wife xxxxx is (worker or student) a 4 year student at the University of xxx, College
of Dentistry in xxxxxx(province);
. Four people are living in our household (myself, my wife, and wife's parents
xxxx and xxxxxx), all agree that YYYxxx is welcome to live with us while she is in Canada
xxxx (my wife's father) (D.O.B 0811211962) and xxxxx(my wife's mother) (D.O.B
0511711962) are Permanent Residents of Canada. My wife and I sponsored them and that sponsorship is still in effect;
. We make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing it to be true and
knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.
We make this declaration in support of a proposed application for a Study Permit for
YYYxxx and for no other or improper purpose.

Please see the attached photocopies of our driver's licenses, passports, copy of
my wife's mother birth certificate(in order to proof the relationship ) and a copy of wife's birth certificate.

Please contact us if you require any further information.
Your kind consideration to this request is greatly appreciated.

Sign_You and your wife________

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nexgenprise said:
Hi Brayanan,

I am going for 3-4 weeks..and that makes more sense. I should be able to provide day - to - day itinerary with expense ..and it looks more reasonable form vistor visa point iof view.

I do have a questions, if VO decides to grant visa, what would be the duration of VISA. I believe all TRV are 6 months no? Single or Multiple entry..Depends upon VO.
The visitor visa itself might be valid 6 months but when the person arrives at the airport, he/she might get a visitor status for a couple months. 6 months visitor status is not guaranteed. How long the visitor status, depends on the border officer one encounters.