+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation for interview in Etobicoke

Eitan-ro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Hello,
During May I've applied for PR (applied from Canada, I'm on a work permit status), today I got an email with an invitation for an interview.
I'm quite nervous since all my other friends were told to send copies of their passports to Ottawa and than go the border to land again.
Do any of you know what this might mean? that's the content of the Letter (in short):

Name : XXX
UCI : XXXXX
App # : XXXXX

Dear Client,
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that is scheduled for XXXX on XXXXXX Your interview will be conducted at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke) (Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs) 5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5 Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West
Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:
 Your passport
o You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status.
o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.
 Two photographs for your permanent resident card
o Permanent resident card photograph specifications are listed on the following page.
o We will not process photographs that do not meet our specifications.
 Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one
o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.
o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.
 Your in-Canada dependent(s), only if you have included them in your permanent residence application
o Your dependent(s) must also bring their passport and photographs, as well as their SIN if in possession of one.
 Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class
o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.
 Your own interpreter, only if you require one as necessary
o Please note that we only provide service in English and French.
Instructions for Convention refugees, their dependents and other individuals with seized documents
 You must also provide the certified copies of all seized documents and your Notice of Seizure form. If you are unable to provide those documents, you may present any 2 of the following items, which must be issued by the government of your country of citizenship, nationality or last permanent residence:
o passport or travel document, national identification card, driver’s license, birth certificate/family record book, voter ID card/military ID card, Statutory Declaration (if accepted).
Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) Payment
 The Right of Permanent Resident Fee is $490.00. Please note that only Convention refugees do not have to pay this fee.
 We do not accept payments at our office. Please make your payment online at https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do
 If you have not already paid the fee, please ensure you do so at least 72 hours prior to the interview.
 Please bring your payment receipt to the interview. We will need to confirm your fee payment to finalize your application.

Regards,
Eitan

Reactions: akshargajjar

alldrops

Apr 11, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
17-10-2018
Absolutely no need to be worried. That's only their new process that they're slowly rolling out. Some people send passports, some people go for interviews. That's the same thing as the confirmation of your application!
They're just going to ask you 4 or 5 general questions (like " have you ever been convicted of a crime?" and that kinda stuff).
Congratulations! :D

Eitan-ro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
It was very good and fast, took about 10-15 minutes.
They asked if we have any criminal chargers in Canada, if we are who we claim we are and our last entry date to Canada.

Eitan.

maryjanesmith

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Absolutely no need to be worried. That's only their new process that they're slowly rolling out. Some people send passports, some people go for interviews. That's the same thing as the confirmation of your application!
They're just going to ask you 4 or 5 general questions (like " have you ever been convicted of a crime?" and that kinda stuff).
Congratulations! :D

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
I have my interview scheduled on 21 Nov at 2 PM in Etobicoke office.
Is anybody aware if there is any parking available near the IRCC office. My appointment being scheduled during busy hours, doesn't wanna end up roaming just for parking my car.

Also can we go early in the morning, if we have our appointment scheduled during afternoon to avoid taking a leave from office ;).