+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Investor immigration to Quebec (applied 2016) waiting for interview

SSF

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi
My application was submitted in Feb 2017, waiting for interview call, my agent told me it takes around one year before the immigration office ask for supplementary document and/or interview call.

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Hi
My application was submitted in Feb 2017, waiting for interview call, my agent told me it takes around one year before the immigration office ask for supplementary document and/or interview call.
yes ,agent is correct.
it takes about 9-12 months for request for updating docs . in my case request for updation came in 10 months time, i have updated docs,, now iam waiting for the revert from MIDI quebec.
its a long wait, unfortunately but i guess worth it

rgds

SSF

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
yes ,agent is correct.
it takes about 9-12 months for request for updating docs . in my case request for updation came in 10 months time, i have updated docs,, now iam waiting for the revert from MIDI quebec.
its a long wait, unfortunately but i guess worth it

rgds
Thanks ash1969, So I should be expecting request next month.

DOANTRANG

Apr 20, 2017
Hi,
Anyone who has been called for interview under QIIP ? or has given the interview recently ?
pls share experience/timeline/views
rgds
HI Ash1969,

I applied under QIIP in 2016, (got file number at Nov 2016 same U), at the end of this Oct, I was required to supplement some docs (within 30 days), I sent docs to them at midlle of Nov, and I just received the notification from QUEBEC that I was lucky to be interview waiver . Now I am considering about 2 option : full investment (800k) or finance opt. (220K), but my agent intend me to choose finance opt because of many subjective and objective reasons.
In my country, it is difficult to transfer 800K , it was big value for bank to support.

I also worry about the rejection case in Federal processing , how much will we be refund if I opt the finance option , I will make clearly with my agent this issue, then I will share to us .

Thank you for your useful information so far

Ps: I am Vietnamese

Last edited:

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
HI Ash1969,

I applied under QIIP in 2016, (got file number at Nov 2016 same U), at the end of this Oct, I was required to supplement some docs (within 30 days), I sent docs to them at midlle of Nov, and I just received the notification from QUEBEC that I was lucky to be interview waiver . Now I am considering about 2 option : full investment (800k) or finance opt. (220K), but my agent intend me to choose finance opt because of many subjective and objective reasons.
In my country, it is difficult to transfer 800K , it was big value for bank to support.

I also worry about the rejection case in Federal processing , how much will we be refund if I opt the finance option , I will make clearly with my agent this issue, then I will share to us .

hi,
Firstly i congratulate you for having successfully cleared the 1st step towards achieving the CSQ.
i was also asked to supplement additional docs by the quebec govt, which i also did a month ago. I have not received any response from them since then.
i have opted for the 220K option.
iam also very worried (same as you) what if after depositing the amount of 220K upfront , i get rejected in federal processing.
I have tried to talk about this with my agent, but did not get any convincing reply. I tried to ask the question here in the forum too. I was told i could loose substantial amount of the 220K ,if god forbid i get rejected later.
I was told the deduction would happen for various reasons (interest on deposit, fees etc etc)

But my gut feeling says (i can be wrong here) that we tend to loose maybe 40 % max of the amount (all depends when our PR is issued ) right now the processing time (for 80% of the cases) is 43 months . this can go up and down,,,if it goes up we loose more,,,if it goes down we loose less.

stay in touch, You never know we may be future neighbors in quebec..

god bless!

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
hi,
Firstly i congratulate you for having successfully cleared the 1st step towards achieving the CSQ.
i was also asked to supplement additional docs by the quebec govt, which i also did a month ago. I have not received any response from them since then.
iam also very worried (same as you) what if after depositing the amount of 220K upfront , i get rejected in federal processing.
I have tried to talk about this with my agent, but did not get any convincing reply. I tried to ask the question here in the forum too. I was told i could loose substantial amount of the 220K ,if god forbid i get rejected later.
I was told the deduction would happen for various reasons (interest on deposit, fees etc etc)

But my gut feeling says (i can be wrong here) that we tend to loose maybe 40 % max of the amount (all depends when our PR is issued ) right now the processing time (for 80% of the cases) is 43 months . this can go up and down,,,if it goes up we loose more,,,if it goes down we loose less.

god bless!
check this out ;

https://www.cicnews.com/2017/11/changes-coming-to-canadas-medical-inadmissibility-rules-119878.html#gs.sGKwBa4

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
HI Ash1969,

check this out

https://www.cicnews.com/2017/11/changes-coming-to-canadas-medical-inadmissibility-rules-119878.html#gs.sGKwBa4

Naz76

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
hi,

god bless!

Hello guyz
In case of rejection, in most cases financial intermadiatory has to refund full amount.
I had confirmed it with financial intermediatory lawyer while our meeting in fab 2017 at the time of file submission.
Lawyer told us that as per government guidelines they r not allowed to deduct any money from client.