+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Investor and Entrepreneur Programs

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
In its Economic Action Plan (EAP) 2014, the Canadian Government is proposing to eliminate the backlog-ridden and inefficient Investor and Entrepreneur Programs.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2014/2014-02-11.

"To eliminate the existing backlog, which is diverting resources away from
better performing economic immigration streams, the Government intends
to return applications and refund associated fees paid by certain federal
Immigrant Investor Program and Entrepreneur Program applicants who
applied on or before Budget Day."

www.budget.gc.ca/2014/docs/plan/pdf/budget2014-eng.pdf
Chapter 3.1, page 81

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Lubs,

Thank you for sharing this link but the first link doesn't work, can you pleeeeeeease
recheck and put up a link again.

I am so worried with this as have spent so much bloody money and have been
waiting for last 3.5 years for my PR to happen and looking at this it seems we will
be in deep sh*#t :'( :'(

Appreciate your help to either repost the link or put the full cut out, pleeeeeeease.

Take care
Viz

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
got the correct link!!!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2014/2014-02-11.asp

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
Dear ,

I didnt understand , what about those who applied in 2008 , i applied in 2008 and already submitted my supporting documents . that make me worry please update me . Thanks

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
vizsagar said:
I am so worried with this as have spent so much bloody money and have been
waiting for last 3.5 years for my PR to happen and looking at this it seems we will
be in deep sh*#t :'( :'(
Hi vizsagar, I have been patiently waiting for nearly 5 years, so I can understand how you feel. You put your life on partial hold waiting to be contacted by CIC and then with a stroke of a pen your application is eliminated. Not very fair. What can you do ,they make the rules.
nabil2009 said:
Dear ,

I didnt understand , what about those who applied in 2008 , i applied in 2008 and already submitted my supporting documents . that make me worry please update me . Thanks
nabil 2009, If CIC has started to process your application I would think they would continue the processing.
Regards Lubs64

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
None of CIC's reports are giving any indication about what applications, if any, will be processed. Mr. Cohen's website CIC News also notes that there is no information confirming if any existing applications will be processed.

Don't mean to support Nabil2009 concern but with the manner that CIC has been operating, until we get some confirmation from CIC I think everyone should be somewhat concerned.

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lubs,

Thank you for the response and it is very sad to notice that you are waiting from
5 years!!!

I'm waiting since 3.5 years now and now you got me more worried :)

Man this is really crazy and the way these guys are going so slow on processing files and
I'm sure must have huge backlogs due to long strike they have had and to get rid of this
they have come up with good excuse.

It is just easy for CIC to dump all the old files and let us start all over with new process, isn't it??

Anyways just pray guys and let us hope for the very best !!!

God bless us all, amen!!

Viz

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vizsagar said:
Lubs,

Thank you for the response and it is very sad to notice that you are waiting from
5 years!!!

I'm waiting since 3.5 years now and now you got me more worried :)

Man this is really crazy and the way these guys are going so slow on processing files and
I'm sure must have huge backlogs due to long strike they have had and to get rid of this
they have come up with good excuse.

It is just easy for CIC to dump all the old files and let us start all over with new process, isn't it??

Anyways just pray guys and let us hope for the very best !!!

God bless us all, amen!!

Viz
1. Yes, all the old applications are going to be cancelled. There won't be a "new process" since the both entrepreneurs and Investors programs are being cancelled as well.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. Yes, all the old applications are going to be cancelled. There won't be a "new process" since the both entrepreneurs and Investors programs are being cancelled as well.
How about those under PNP?

best875

Feb 13, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

Only applies to Federal programs.

IN Quebec Imigrant Investor category after getting CSQ we applies for federal does this rule applies to this federal one also .

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have same question that I have applied under Quebec provincial program and after getting
CSQ it is now come as Federal to complete the file.

Does anyone have idea or info. on this issue whether provincial files which has now come under
Federal will have any problems???

Man this is so so so crazy and these guys will not give clear picture.

Praying for everyone and hope that we all get through.

God bless!!!
Viz

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

best875 said:
IN Quebec Imigrant Investor category after getting CSQ we applies for federal does this rule applies to this federal one also .
No, as you applied under the Quebec PNP program, it is not effected.

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

Just came across following piece of information which is quite a relief at least for people
under Quebec investor program.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/business-immigrants-program.html

Important notice – Immigrant Investor Program

The Ministère de l’Immigration et des communautés culturelles (MICC) du Québec has taken note of the federal government’s intention to abolish its immigrant investor and entrepreneur programs. However, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that the Ministère’s Immigrant Investor Program and Immigration Entrepreneur Program will not be affected by this decision. Moreover, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has also confirmed that the Ministère will be consulted on future regulatory changes in order to ensure that competencies in Québec are respected. The announcement on February 11, 2014 does not affect the programs in Québec.

Hope there are no changes and we all get through, though really feeling very bad for
Federal investor & Entrepreneur program guys.

God bless us all!!

Viz

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
HI PMM ,

what about my case i applied in 2008 and already submitted my supporting documents ,as they already requested for that. now am waiting for interview and medical.