+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Investor and Entrepreneur Programs

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nabil2009 said:
HI PMM ,

what about my case i applied in 2008 and already submitted my supporting documents ,as they already requested for that. now am waiting for interview and medical.
Your application will probably be cancelled and your fees refunded.

liveclaim

Dec 18, 2013
nabil2009 said:
O no ,this is totally unfair and how long i waited and waste my money.
rumour has it that new federal investment program will be announced in the next few months. Also, Canada put some money aside to minimize delays on applications and have set quite high standards. At this point - Immigration to Canada is messed up for business people.

In my opinion, this backlog wipeout law is completely illegal, but this is just my opinion which means nothing. If you want to fight, you can sue Canada and force them to process your application. Call few lawyers around the Canada, I'm pretty sure many of them already are fighting against this law.

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
liveclaim said:
rumour has it that new federal investment program will be announced in the next few months. Also, Canada put some money aside to minimize delays on applications and have set quite high standards. At this point - Immigration to Canada is messed up for business people.

In my opinion, this backlog wipeout law is completely illegal, but this is just my opinion which means nothing. If you want to fight, you can sue Canada and force them to process your application. Call few lawyers around the Canada, I'm pretty sure many of them already are fighting against this law.
There is going to be speculation, what is going to happen or not happen. Next year the Canadians are having a General Election, the ruling government want to show the Canadian public that they are a strong government and in control of immigration. So they have announced that they are going to eliminate the existing backlog for various reasons. It will be up to the Civil Servants and the Government Mandarins to work out the details. Everybody will have to wait for the details on how they plan to eliminate the backlog.

They use the word 'Certain' in the announcement, rather than 'All' (applicants), that means certain applications will be processed.

" the Government intends to return applications and refund associated fees paid by certain federal Immigrant Investor Program and Entrepreneur Program applicants who applied on or before Budget Day."

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
I agree with Lubs64... there is a lot of speculation right now and unfortunately all we can do is what we have done for many years... wait for some answers!!

Based on the experience of the skilled workers who were affected by similar action some time ago, I don't think that suing the Canadian Government would get you any redress.

It seems that under existing laws, the Citizenship & Immigration minister is within his powers to take such action.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nabil2009 said:
HI PMM ,

what about my case i applied in 2008 and already submitted my supporting documents ,as they already requested for that. now am waiting for interview and medical.
Like PMM said - it'll most likely be cancelled - sorry for the news

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
Johnny31 said:
Like PMM said - it'll most likely be cancelled - sorry for the news
But they already started process my case ,and i already submitted my supporting documents a year ago ?

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
nabil2009 said:
But they already started process my case ,and i already submitted my supporting documents a year ago ?
Based on my experience nabil2009, because they requested your documents does not necessarily mean that they started to process your case.
In Dec 2011 they requested all of my documents, police clearance etc, then I heard nothing from them again until Nov 2013 when they requested medicals and all of the documents again. Now, on ecas it says that they began processing my application on Feb 10th 2014.

As lubs64 mentioned, the notice said that they were eliminating "certain applications" on file but did not explain what would be the criteria for determining which applications, if any, will be finalized.

btkch

Mar 25, 2011
I had submitted my funds, does it mean my case will be reject too? (Currently waiting for medical)

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

If you are under federal then yes it will be but if you are under Quebec Provincial program then
you don't need to worry.

I spoke to my lawyer and he is saying that even Federal ones will start soon as they cannot just
cancel it like this but God only knows how much is truth in this.

All the best !!

Viz

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vizsagar said:
Hello,

If you are under federal then yes it will be but if you are under Quebec Provincial program then
you don't need to worry.

I spoke to my lawyer and he is saying that even Federal ones will start soon as they cannot just
cancel it like this but God only knows how much is truth in this.

All the best !!

Viz
1. Ask your lawyer if they cancelled the pre 2012 FSW under 87.4 of the Act how come they can't cancel Entrepreneur and Investors the same way (which they intend to do)?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nabil2009 said:
Hi all,

Any update news about investor programm ?
It's been terminated as of 2/11/2014 - I wouldn't expect any updates/news about this anytime soon