+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Investor and Entrepreneur Programs

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
Any guideline which application will be terminated so far ? i applied in jan 2008 and already submitted documents .

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nabil2009 said:
Any guideline which application will be terminated so far ? i applied in jan 2008 and already submitted documents .
Not yet, not until the legislation is passed. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob566.asp

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
I do hope ,there will be good news for us , we spent money ,time and now they are terminating the program. very sad.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nabil2009 said:
Any update news about investor ????

No - it's been terminated

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
nabil2009,

"The approval of Parliament must be obtained in order for measures proposed in the budget to be implemented. Members of Parliament also participate in the budget process through parliamentary standing committees, especially the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance."

The budget is reviewed and approved between March and June. This is when any changes or amendments are made then the proposed budget becomes law . We will have to wait at least, until June time for news, to see what applications if any will be processed and which will be terminated.
In the mean time CIC are still processing applications.

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
vinkavi17 said:
can i do job on business visa
If you mean, obtain a Business visa, then get a job with a third party, then no.
Go on to the CIC web site and read up about Business visa's.

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
I contacted CIC London about three weeks ago for more information regarding the proposed termination of the backlog of visa applications. I received a reply today.

"Applications that have not been finalized by the enactment date of the proposed legislation may be terminated by operation of law and may not be processed to completion. Applicants whose applications are terminated as a result of EAP 2014 will have the application fees returned to them. More information will be made available in the coming weeks regarding which applications will be affected.

If you choose to continue with the processing of this application, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) cannot guarantee that this application will be finalized prior to the date the IIP and EN proposal becomes law.

Please note that making the investment or submitting any other documentation before it is specifically requested by a visa office will not result in expedited processing of an application"

Even if you have submitted some documents, your application will be terminated. Your application has to be finalized in the next few weeks otherwise it's over.

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lubs64 said:
I contacted CIC London about three weeks ago for more information regarding the proposed termination of the backlog of visa applications. I received a reply today.

"Applications that have not been finalized by the enactment date of the proposed legislation may be terminated by operation of law and may not be processed to completion. Applicants whose applications are terminated as a result of EAP 2014 will have the application fees returned to them. More information will be made available in the coming weeks regarding which applications will be affected.

If you choose to continue with the processing of this application, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) cannot guarantee that this application will be finalized prior to the date the IIP and EN proposal becomes law.

Please note that making the investment or submitting any other documentation before it is specifically requested by a visa office will not result in expedited processing of an application"

Even if you have submitted some documents, your application will be terminated. Your application has to be finalized in the next few weeks otherwise it's over.
Lubs,

Thanks for sharing the info. and it is really appreciated that you care for all
the members in this group.

Let us all pray that everything goes well and they don't make it into law to
cancel these files.

May God bless us all!!!

All the best.

Viz

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
vizsagar said:
Lubs,

Thanks for sharing the info. and it is really appreciated that you care for all
the members in this group.

Let us all pray that everything goes well and they don't make it into law to
cancel these files.

May God bless us all!!!

All the best.

Viz

Hi Viz,
I am afraid that the proposed termination of the backlog is going to happen if we like it or not. If it is in your 'kismet' your application may get processed otherwise applicants will have to look to another route to Canada.
You cannot blame the Canadian government for taking this action, the whole process is not fit for purpose. I do blame timewasters, applicants who apply for a visa but do not meet the criteria for the visa .
The approval rate for Entrepreneur visa at London visa office is about 50%. That is time and recourses wasted on applications that do not qualify. The whole process gets clogged up because of these types of applications.
In 2012 London processed 30 applications, approved 12. In 2013 they processed 25 applications and approved 13.

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lubs,

Once again thank you and yes it is true what you are saying but all of us keep
trying hoping maybe we will get through irrespective of whether we meet the
criteria or not!!!

Can you tell me from where you got the information about processing of files.
I did sometime back have this link but now seem to have lost it. Please share
it.

Thanks and all the best to everyone!!!

Viz

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
vizsagar said:
Lubs,

Once again thank you and yes it is true what you are saying but all of us keep
trying hoping maybe we will get through irrespective of whether we meet the
criteria or not!!!

Can you tell me from where you got the information about processing of files.
I did sometime back have this link but now seem to have lost it. Please share
it.

Thanks and all the best to everyone!!!

Viz
You can try data.gc.ca there are a number of reports available there... you will be more interested in the "applications processed abroad" report.