+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invest in stocks market as an international student

Addy1911

Oct 22, 2019
I have been inversting and trading in stock from very start when I landed in Canada (2009) as student. Now after getting so much experience, I would suggest go to Questrade they charge the cheapest trxn fee compared to all banks. Your just need to sign one extra form w8-Ben, otherwise no other restriction to start trading. Obviously you need money to start with (min $1000)

Addy1911

Oct 22, 2019
Can you please tell me
What you in fill in citizenship column for questrade and how you fill w8 ben form with canadian information or Indian information

Jemish

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Hi all,
I ve been in Canada for almost 1 year and I m currently studying post graduate. Is it allowed for international student buy and sell stocks, mutual funds, bond....canadian firm? Please advise
Thank you
Hello,
I don’t know much about policy for international students. But I am also interested in Canadian stock market. Can you help with basic introduction of Canadian market? I have little bit experience of Indian stock market. Please respond. If you are ok with chat ok whatsapp then please connect me at +15199929896.
Or we can talk on email as well dholajemish89@gmail.com

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hi all,

i am an international student in Canada. My classes have started already. i KNOW WE ARE TO WORK just 20 hrs a week, is it illegal for an international student to do forex trading in Canada? Is that considered work? Pls reply. TIA

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

i am an international student in Canada. My classes have started already. i KNOW WE ARE TO WORK just 20 hrs a week, is it illegal for an international student to do forex trading in Canada? Is that considered work? Pls reply. TIA
If you are buying and selling currencies in your bank account, then this is not considered work.

Aroraricha

Nov 10, 2020
Hi..A student is not allowed to participated in any kinds of financial markets in foreign countries like, Canada, Australia, USA, New Zealand & more. As above replied on the base of Indian stock markets, Yes you can invest in Indian stock markets or commodity market if your are more than 18 years old and you should have all required documents (Must be Indian Citizen) of trading account opening.

Required Documents for account opening in Indian Stock markets:

• A Photograph
  • PAN Card
  • Adhar Card
  • Address proof
  • Margin cheque
  • 6 Month Bank Statement
You can invest in canada as a student

bikar1234

May 22, 2021
I have complete my studies and already applied for PGWP. Is it legal to do day trading in canada on work permit or that would be a issue for PR??????