+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intra-Office Transfer (ICT) Questions

xfilez76

Jul 21, 2020
I'm currently working for a Canadian company remotely in the US and looking at a potential ICT. Would love to get clarifications on the questions below. I'm having a hard time navigating the moving2canada website and confused about exactly how to file the paperwork...

1) I do product marketing for a small technology company. For ICT, would I be able to file an LMIA-exempt application?
2) Do I file the application or does the company file for me?
3) What is the fee?

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm currently working for a Canadian company remotely in the US and looking at a potential ICT. Would love to get clarifications on the questions below. I'm having a hard time navigating the moving2canada website and confused about exactly how to file the paperwork...

1) I do product marketing for a small technology company. For ICT, would I be able to file an LMIA-exempt application?
3) What is the fee?

Thank you for your help!
The moving2canada web site is not an official web site. Recommend you stop using this as your official source. You need to be taking all of your information from the IRCC web site.

1) Hard to say. The position you are in needs to be an executive role or have specialized knowledge. Your company will need to prove that you fall into one of these categories.
2) Company

More info on ICTs here which may help you determine if you qualify.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/intra-company-transferees/canadian-interests-significant-benefit-general-requirements-r205-exemption-code-c12.html

ArpitaMathur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020

3) What is the fee?

Thank you for your help!
Hi,
Which visa do you have here in US?