Mississauga
2joyswifey said:
We got our passports and COPR today!!!

We hope everyone get theirs soon.
finally after waiting so long you got your passports... congrats

FALL

Nov 21, 2011
AW2011 said:
The wait for Background Check varies from case to case depending on your nationality, places you have lived or visited in the past and your VO. It could take a few months to more than a year.
We've just ordered GCMS and will let you know when it comes. The last inqury by our MP in mid March showed that background check was not completed. And our file went in process end of Nov. 2012. Re-medical requested mid of Dec. 2012 and received beginning of Jan. 2013, updated on Ecase Medical Received beginning of Feb. 2013.
Best of luck to you.
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering that if your MP had told you in Mid March the month when security and background check was started even though it has not yet been completed. My file went in process in April 2012. Ecas Remadical received by at end of March 2013. GCMS notes from JAN 21 show background and security check has not been started.
Good Luck to you as well I hope we hear soon.

FALL

Nov 21, 2011
AW2011 said:
The wait for Background Check varies from case to case depending on your nationality, places you have lived or visited in the past and your VO. It could take a few months to more than a year.
We've just ordered GCMS and will let you know when it comes. The last inqury by our MP in mid March showed that background check was not completed. And our file went in process end of Nov. 2012. Re-medical requested mid of Dec. 2012 and received beginning of Jan. 2013, updated on Ecase Medical Received beginning of Feb. 2013.
Best of luck to you.
I just heard back from my MP today he says Background Check are completed and remedical is received. He also mentioned to call him back by May 13 if we don't hear anythign from CIC by then. How much total time should I estimate to get my PPR request. Any news on your end AW2011/

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
FALL said:
I just heard back from my MP today he says Background Check are completed and remedical is received. He also mentioned to call him back by May 13 if we don't hear anythign from CIC by then. How much total time should I estimate to get my PPR request. Any news on your end AW2011/
That's good news. It wouldn't hurt to send a case specific to LA and get them moving. I think you should be getting PPR any minute now. We've just ordered GCMS and might not get the reply till end of the month.

FALL

Nov 21, 2011
AW2011 said:
That's good news. It wouldn't hurt to send a case specific to LA and get them moving. I think you should be getting PPR any minute now. We've just ordered GCMS and might not get the reply till end of the month.
My file is in Ottawa what should I write in case specific mail inquiry?

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
FALL said:
My file is in Ottawa what should I write in case specific mail inquiry?
Here's the one for Ottawa: OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca
Have all your application details so they could match you with your file. You could politely mention that all your required values are Passed in your GCMS and see if they would require anything else or when you could expect PPR.

FALL

Nov 21, 2011
AW2011 said:
Here's the one for Ottawa: OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca
Have all your application details so they could match you with your file. You could politely mention that all your required values are Passed in your GCMS and see if they would require anything else or when you could expect PPR.
Thanks AW2011, I think I will hold couple of week on this. Do share info on GCMS notes when you receive them. Good Luck

roysingh

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hi, I finally got the email below from CIC and I emailed them this morning the scanned copy of the passport. Do they need anything else ? How long does this usually take ? Thank you!!

REQUEST FOR PASSPORT COPIES

Dear

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your application is now ready for finalization.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

Ø
Ø COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Passport Copies:
You are a citizen of a country that is exempted from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. You are therefore required to send only a copy or scanned image of the photo page of your passport and of any pages indicating a validity extension or change to your personal information. You must submit these copies/scans for yourself and for all your accompanying family member(s).
DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S). We require copies of a VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member. Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Changes to your Family Composition:
· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Has your sponsor withdrawn his or her sponsorship of your application?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPP-O immediately. You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Any new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before your case is finalized. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

Send your documents to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O)

If original documents (such as police certificates or photographs) have been requested, you are required to submit all documents by MAIL within the next 60 days to CPP-O at the address noted below.

If no original documents have been requested, you may submit copies of your documents by mail, by fax, or as scanned images attached to an email to CPP-O at the contact information noted below.

The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Please submit all the requested items together in a single package. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPP-O at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Case Officer (SO)
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa – SO00214
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile 613-946-6059
E-mail: OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca
Site : www.cic.gc.ca

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
congrats roysingh! Now you just have sit back back and wait for your CoPR. This used to take only 2-3 weeks, but it looks like CPP-O is a little behind at the moment so it could take longer.

FALL

Nov 21, 2011
FALL said:
Thanks AW2011, I think I will hold couple of week on this. Do share info on GCMS notes when you receive them. Good Luck
Hello AW2011. My ecas just update to Decision Made "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. " Any idea when should I get my letter to request passport to be submitted.
Thanks
Have you received your GCMS notes yet.