+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview in Buffalo?

spouse

Nov 13, 2009
So i got this mail from Buffalo informing that we will be interviewed (for outland spousal sponsorship).

We live in Edmonton and its almost 10 hours away by plane to Buffalo, NY for interview.

Plus, the cost and of course time and effort. (I pray that it will be worthed)

I guess im not really complaining about this porcess but is there any chance we can do the interview at least closer or even within Canada?

We did sent the application to Buffalo but not knowing about this issue.

-What are the requirements or needed to go for this interview?

-How long do we have to stay in Buffalo?

-Is this the only trip we have to make or is there any more coming?

-How far along are we from being approved?

***Hew!!! lots of things I need to know....

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Nope - no possibility of an interview anywhere closer. If your ap is in Buffalo and they want an interview, you go to Buffalo. I can't really answer what the requirements are for the interview - that sorta depends on why they've asked to interview you. Normally it's to verify that you actually have a genuine relationship with your spouse and aren't just trying to get into (or, in your case, stay in) Canada. And I don't know how long you'll have to stay in Buffalo either - not sure whether they sometimes ask people to come back to answer more questions, but typically they'll take care of everything without asking you to make another trip to Buffalo. You will have to send your passport to Buffalo at the end of the process, if you're approved, to get your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document - and then you take that to the border (or to a local CIC office) to "land".

How far along - impossible to know, but generally they request an interview early on in the assessment. They will not approve a sponsorship if they don't believe the relationship to be "genuine", so that's one of the very first things they settle. Buffalo typically finalizes spousal applications within 4-9 months after they receive the application from CPC-Mississauga.

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
spouse said:
So i got this mail from Buffalo informing that we will be interviewed (for outland spousal sponsorship).

We live in Edmonton and its almost 10 hours away by plane to Buffalo, NY for interview.

Plus, the cost and of course time and effort. (I pray that it will be worthed)

I guess im not really complaining about this porcess but is there any chance we can do the interview at least closer or even within Canada?

We did sent the application to Buffalo but not knowing about this issue.

-What are the requirements or needed to go for this interview?

-How long do we have to stay in Buffalo?

-Is this the only trip we have to make or is there any more coming?

-How far along are we from being approved?

***Hew!!! lots of things I need to know....
Hi,
My husband lives in Edmonton too, I am living in California, we just had an interview in Buffalo last week. My husband and me did flight to Buffalo together (they didnt require my husband to attend) but he wanted to go there with me. (it cost a lot money for flight ticket as he is from Edmonton, I am from Cali, 7 hours flight) We passed the interview.

You just need to spend a full day for the interview, normally the interview will last 1-2 hours.
Prepare all the supporting documents to prove your relationship. they will tell you what do do next after the interview if you pass.
I just send them the FBI record, and waiting for the passport request.
If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. I will share my experience as much as I can.

SCsquare

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28th 2009
AOR Received.
Dec 9th 2009
File Transfer...
Nov 17th 2009
Med's Done....
Aug 15th 2009
Interview........
July 21st 2010
Passport Req..
July 21st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 21st 2010
LANDED..........
July 30th 2010
hey Ha Nguyen .. what kind of questions were u asked in the interview.. My interview is scheduled for July 21st

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
well first hope the best luck for everybuddy

i wanna just know something

in case buffalo ask me for an interview so it should be there , but me i cant go to there without visa to get acces to teh state

actually i m in canada
what should i do in case they ask for it !

thanx

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amine01 said:
well first hope the best luck for everybuddy

i wanna just know something

in case buffalo ask me for an interview so it should be there , but me i cant go to there without visa to get acces to teh state

actually i m in canada
what should i do in case they ask for it !

thanx
If they require you to go for an interview then you have to apply for U.S. visa.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
"Spouse" I've never heard of anyone having to do two interviews, so that's at least uncommon. It would only be for part of one day. Usually only the applicant is required for that, not the sponsor, unless they ask.

amine01 said:
Amine, if you applied through Buffalo, that assumes that you have valid status in the U.S., so you should be prepared to go there for an interview. You'd have to get a visa and hope you have enough time to get one.

adetia9

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
USA Outland - Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
03-05-2010
Med's Done....
30-11-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
When I got my "Regional Specific Instructions" whatever for the United States, it included a form where I could mark where I would want an interview if one was to take place. So, my application went in to CPC-M, then got xfered to Buffalo, NY, but, we marked off Seattle, WA as our preference for interview location. We haven't made it far enough along to know if we have to do the interview or not -- I sent them a 2" thick stack of correspondence, tickets, letters, etc etc so I'm hoping our interview will be waived.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
adetia9 said:
When I got my "Regional Specific Instructions" whatever for the United States, it included a form where I could mark where I would want an interview if one was to take place. So, my application went in to CPC-M, then got xfered to Buffalo, NY, but, we marked off Seattle, WA as our preference for interview location. We haven't made it far enough along to know if we have to do the interview or not -- I sent them a 2" thick stack of correspondence, tickets, letters, etc etc so I'm hoping our interview will be waived.
I intend on checking the closest to me for this also - will be curious how often that is honoured. Though I don't' expect to need an interview.