+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview for spousal application

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I will add one very specific warning: the PA applied to enter as a farm worker (work permit) and was refused in June 2018. (As well as a TRV refusal in Dec 2017).

From the dates and timeline above, it is very clear that the PA and Sponsor's families had initiated contacts about finding a match as early as Jan 2018, and meetings between the families occurred in January and the sponsor and PA in March, 2018.

Therefore there is at least the appearance/potential that the PA applied for the WP at a point when betrothal discussions had taken place. (Info above does not indicate exactly when the WP application was made though).

If this information was left out of the WP application, there is at least the potential that IRCC would consider this misrepresentation. Misrepresentation can have very serious consequences, including being deemed inadmissible. This could be the case irrespective of whether they decide the relationship is genuine.

(Since there were concerns about the TRV apps as well, you'll need to look at those carefully as well)

You need a lawyer - a good lawyer. I'm not saying 'you need a lawyer' in the sense of 'to help you prepare for the interview,' you need a lawyer because you potentially will be subject to a ban on entering Canada. You may think it "doesn't count" or some other explanation because you weren't married yet - that is almost certainly wrong; leaving out material information is misrepresentation.

Note, I'm not a lawyer and I'm not an expert. My comments here could be wrong (and I doubt I have all the information anyway). But this is quite serious, I believe.

Reactions: YVR123

Parwaaz

Feb 3, 2021
I just tried to explain my exact situation accordingly above raised questions!!!
plz cooperate and advice

* workpermit : all dates given to iRRC during application submitted
* while are first meeting before marriage in March 2018 , his workpermit was under process.
* if we can talk about intermediate person for our marriage ( my husband’s partner )
In our families second marriage means ( we can’t make trust on any unknown persons , we need someone from known families who can take responsibility for others commitments)
*my husband’s family main occupation is farming
He is doing farming as normal farmer does
( these days farming is based well modernize equipments , so no need to present whole day in the farms)
* He is doing is ielts training and consultancy business from 11 am to 5 pm in city which is close by his village
* He sell all his crops under his names (J r farm ) and paid Tex as well
So he is farmer by nature too. ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just tried to explain my exact situation accordingly above raised questions!!!
plz cooperate and advice

* workpermit : all dates given to iRRC during application submitted
* while are first meeting before marriage in March 2018 , his workpermit was under process.
* if we can talk about intermediate person for our marriage ( my husband’s partner )
In our families second marriage means ( we can’t make trust on any unknown persons , we need someone from known families who can take responsibility for others commitments)
*my husband’s family main occupation is farming
He is doing farming as normal farmer does
( these days farming is based well modernize equipments , so no need to present whole day in the farms)
* He is doing is ielts training and consultancy business from 11 am to 5 pm in city which is close by his village
* He sell all his crops under his names (J r farm ) and paid Tex as well
So he is farmer by nature too. ?
You'll have to work through it all yourself or with lawyers.

Your explanations may be plausible for the parts we have seen or been told by you but there is too much other information outsiders have not seen.

As noted bona fides are in doubt for previous applications too. You need to look at all in detail and check. Including that the information in all is consistent between apps and what they have written.

Anything we could guess could be wrong because we do not have that information.

Are you residing together now?

Parwaaz

Feb 3, 2021
Yes , since 2020 September, I came to India with my son because of coparenting of my son till we are waiting for his visa so we can fly together

thanks for all information and advice
It’s really helpful for us

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes , since 2020 September, I came to India with my son because of coparenting of my son till we are waiting for his visa so we can fly together

thanks for all information and advice
It’s really helpful for us
Have you updated your address (to India) with IRCC? It may not resolve all issues but at least would be additional evidence to them of the relationship.

Reactions: YVR123

Lyda reid

Nov 24, 2022
Hello everyone,

My husband and I did an interview about 3 years ago and it was not approved.

We submitted another application, 2 years later and received an email requesting for an interview again.

Only my husband name (ICU number) is listed to provide the documents.

The email says:

In order to continue processing your immigration application, or the application of your relative in Canada, you and the following persons are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time.

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background
Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature.

Rental/Lease Agreement: Rental or Lease Agreement.

Question is, am I suppose to fill one out as well? And what is the interview about if they are only requesting for his information? Is this a good final last step of the process?

Would appreciate all your help and tips.

thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

My husband and I did an interview about 3 years ago and it was not approved.

We submitted another application, 2 years later and received an email requesting for an interview again.

Only my husband name (ICU number) is listed to provide the documents.

The email says:

In order to continue processing your immigration application, or the application of your relative in Canada, you and the following persons are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time.

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background
Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature.

Rental/Lease Agreement: Rental or Lease Agreement.

Question is, am I suppose to fill one out as well? And what is the interview about if they are only requesting for his information? Is this a good final last step of the process?

Would appreciate all your help and tips.

thank you
What immigration stream did you apply for?

You posted the same questions in all sections of the forum (EE, Refugee, family sponsorship...)
With no background information of your application, all I can say is bring what you have. Are you a sponsor? Are you the principle applicant.
Fill both the forms (for principle applicant). It's not a "normal" interview. I don't think IRCC do "landing interview" any more.

Reactions: Ponga

Lyda reid

Nov 24, 2022
What immigration stream did you apply for?

You posted the same questions in all sections of the forum (EE, Refugee, family sponsorship...)
With no background information of your application, all I can say is bring what you have. Are you a sponsor? Are you the principle applicant.
Fill both the forms (for principle applicant). It's not a "normal" interview. I don't think IRCC do "landing interview" any more.
We applied for inland.
yes I am the sponsor

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We applied for inland.
yes I am the sponsor
If I had to guess, I'd say IRCC has concerns that your husband is either NOT living in Canada (required for an Inland applicant), or if he is may not be residing with you, as required.

Lyda reid

Nov 24, 2022
If I had to guess, I'd say IRCC has concerns that your husband is either NOT living in Canada (required for an Inland applicant), or if he is may not be residing with you, as required.
We already provided a schedule A background check with our application. Now they are requesting it again with our lease now. I hope everything goes great. Just don’t understand why they require his info and not mine. Yet I am require to attend the interview