+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview Call from LVO in Abu Dhabi.........

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
miqbalkh said:
This was just an assumption from my and few consultants discussion. Actually the cases before the IELTS criteria. The interview call was normal. Only few cases were exempt from interview. No idea why but this was the case as per our discussion. When CIC implemented the IELTS initially the idea was to exempt the interview. There are so many people who landed Canada without any interview. But the problem was most of people did not retain their job in the same applied NOC. Could be some other reason too.

I personally knew many people b/w 2001 to 2004. Who get interview call and when I talked to them the common reason was language and NOC related details.
but I did not see many people when IELTS was implemented newly. I noticed now many people are getting interview calls even the IELTS is also there.

Actually a physical interview make it easy for VO to assess a person for NOC and language. So that they could make a final decision.

@ hila01

The % age I mentioned is based on reading many posts in the forums including this one and talked to few canadian immigration experts.

thank, iqbal

So far, about 17 applicants have been invited for interview from our 2013 LVO spread sheet from a total of about 150 applicants. Visa officers can do site visits to verify our jobs but not to determine our language. Even when applicants are invited for interview, they are also not assessed based on their language but on NOC alone. I am not aware if VO's were assessing language for applicants before like you have said but recent information I have is that this is not the practice now. CIC had to increase the bench mark of IELTS following consultations made with stakeholders and employers of labour in Canada. This move was necessary to ensure that applicants for PR were better placed to communicate effectively and succeed in Canada.

aisha19

Sep 18, 2013
pithuda said:
this is really weird. You are PA but your husband has been called for interview? And that too in Isloo. So now there are two of you for Isloo interview.
Strange things happening these days with canadian immigration.

Did you or your husband has any government or military background?

Yes my husband is from military. any implications?

sibbi

Mar 11, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2009
Doc's Request.
17-07-2009
Nomination.....
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
07-04-2014
Med's Done....
16-4-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 06-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
Insha-Allah in September 2014
aisha19 said:
In my case physical file sent to Chc Islamabad for background check as my husband also doing security related job. It would be purely security related interview and VO will check that your husband unit has never involved in any human right violation etc. I have not been asked for interview and my case undergoing background check for last 17 month.

pithuda

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
10-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012 & 10-06-2014 (Remedical)
Interview........
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
24-06-2014 (PPR1), 27-06-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
26th July 2014
aisha19 said:
now its making some sense. I worked with Military for 11 years, though I was a civilian.
My CAIPS notes from last year had one remark about my military associated job and then the file went into long background checks (my medicals were done almost two years ago) until 3 weeks ago when i suddenly received an interview call. Interview call from my application period (2008 to 2012 period) is unheard off. Someone experienced mentioned that this happens only when they cannot get background checks done for such cases and hence they end up making a decision based on interview.

So far three of us have been called for interviews in unusual places and i believe all of us have only one thing in common i.e. some form of association with military.

Good luck to all of us :).

aisha19

Sep 18, 2013
sibbi said:
In my case physical file sent to Chc Islamabad for background check as my husband also doing security related job. It would be purely security related interview and VO will check that your husband unit has never involved in any human right violation etc. I have not been asked for interview and my case undergoing background check for last 17 month.
has ur husband been called for interview?

zenghi

Oct 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-05-01-2015
Med's Done....
-10-01-2015
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
aisha19 said:
Dear members
AOA

I have also received a call from CHC Isb and they have called my husband for interview in 2nd week of Mar(I myself is the principal applicant).Would someone guide me what is the significance of this interview and what sort of questions they do ask? any idea of present success ratio of this interview ? How long will it take to receive MR after interview?

regards
I see two possibilities:

1. Your husbands name must have been flagged up during the security/criminality checks. This may be because of a guy/criminal with similar name/age/height etc as your husband who might be in their blacklist. The purpose of the interview will be to get more additional info from your hubbie to clear his name.

2. It can be a mistake from the VO to invite your husband rather than the principal applicant for an interview. A polite email reminding the VO that you are the principal applicant to the VO may help the VO to correct his mistake (assuming that the VO has made a mistake in the first place).

xp4com

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent along with application
AOR Received.
06-09-2013
File Transfer...
08-08-2013
Med's Request
15-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
24-02-2014
Passport Req..
PPR(1) 07-07-2014 PPR(2) 12-08-2014
nkalra said:
Post on the main thread.

Hi Guys,

Visa Office LVO.

Just checked ecas now and it shows
"We started processing your application on February 25, 2014"
don't know when the update came as haven't checked for a long time.

So for all LVO May applicants , check ecas in the coming week as updates are possible.

Best of Luck to everyone and hope we all succeed.
Congrats...mine ecas status is not changed yet

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
My experience is almost similar to xp4com, Dreamer, nkalra, Dub2Can, so I guess no need to write all the details down. Overall, it was nice talking to Visa Officer. At the end, when he asked if I want to ask something, I said, what stages are done and what are left, then he explained that Major part is covered today, and only formalities, like Medicals, RPRF and Security Agencies's criminality is left just to make sure that you don't have any previous convictions.

I thanked him and told him that it was an experience and honour to meet my visa officer and at least now that I know my case is moving forward because many LVO applicants are still waiting to hear something. He thanked me too and told me that we have a deadline to meet for 1 year so most of the cases will be cleared with in an year.

Before leaving room, I told him that I am going at Tim Hortons to celebrate with coffee and doughnut and he had a good laugh at it :p

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
BTW, it was nice meeting you Dreamer and Dub2Can :)

skhzskhz

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-JULY-2013
Nomination.....
PER received: 04-October- 2013
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
YES
File Transfer...
transferred from CIC to LVO
Med's Request
received on the 18 March 2014
Med's Done....
on 05 April 2014 - medical received at LVO on 07th, ECAS status updated with medical received on 11th April
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR 1 received on 23 April 2014, PPR2 received on 28th April
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2014
LANDED..........
As planned
Gents for UAE,

Can someone help me, in case I cannot post or pay the money directly? I am willing to post the PCC application to you, if you can submit and collect it from Dubai police, it will be helpful. Kindly advise

Please advise, I am about to apply for Dubai PCC. Have completed my Finger prints from Doha, Qatar. Kindly advise on the below 3 questions.

1.How do i pay the fees for DUBAI PCC?
2.How can I get a pre paid envelop?
3.Once I pay the PCC fees, do i need to attach that document as well.

Kindly advise as I am running short on time.

Regards,

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
jigzyy said:
My experience is almost similar to xp4com, Dreamer, nkalra, Dub2Can, so I guess no need to write all the details down. Overall, it was nice talking to Visa Officer. At the end, when he asked if I want to ask something, I said, what stages are done and what are left, then he explained that Major part is covered today, and only formalities, like Medicals, RPRF and Security Agencies's criminality is left just to make sure that you don't have any previous convictions.

I thanked him and told him that it was an experience and honour to meet my visa officer and at least now that I know my case is moving forward because many LVO applicants are still waiting to hear something. He thanked me too and told me that we have a deadline to meet for 1 year so most of the cases will be cleared with in an year.

Before leaving room, I told him that I am going at Tim Hortons to celebrate with coffee and doughnut and he had a good laugh at it :p

Great information jigzyy!! It is good to know that LVO is aware of the 1 year deadline given by the Minister to have most or all applications processed and finalized. Thanks for the update. +1 for u.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
aisha19 said:
Dear Aisha

Do not worry , its all normal . My cousin was also called for an interview , he was also in Army - General questions were asked , and nothing special
Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
sibbi said:
Dear Sibbi

Hope for the best

Stay Blessed

dub2can

Dec 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-07-2013(PER)
jigzyy said:
BTW, it was nice meeting you Dreamer and Dub2Can :)
Hi jigzyy, the cool guy... It was great meeting you too, though it was for a short time, discussed a lot of stuff :))

Had a long chat with dreamer, the nice guy :)

hope and pray everyone sail through within this 1 yr. Time line......