+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview at local office, what to expect?

dican

Jul 29, 2015
After a 14 month wait, I received a letter saying "Your new card is ready to be picked up at our office, however, a determination of your residence obligation must be made in accordance with Immigration and Refugee Protection Act". Therefore, you have been scheduled for an interview at the above address on XX. Please bring passports, health card, notice of assessment"

What should I expect at the interview? Has anyone experienced a similar situation?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
dican said:
After a 14 month wait, I received a letter saying "Your new card is ready to be picked up at our office, however, a determination of your residence obligation must be made in accordance with Immigration and Refugee Protection Act". Therefore, you have been scheduled for an interview at the above address on XX. Please bring passports, health card, notice of assessment"

What should I expect at the interview? Has anyone experienced a similar situation?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
They just wanna make sure of you meeting the residence obligation. The passport, health card, NoA will determine for the interviewer you meeting the RO.
For how many days, you have been in Canada during the last 5 years? In which local office?

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
The interview basically is to verify if the details of Pass port stampings submitted by you are consistent with the actual stampings. They will examine your passport and may ask a couple of questions related to your RO
Compliance.
All you need is a confident encounter. Best of luck.

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
elie72 said:
They just wanna make sure of you meeting the residence obligation. The passport, health card, NoA will determine for the interviewer you meeting the RO.
For how many days, you have been in Canada during the last 5 years? In which local office?
Also, please could you post your timeline so that we may have some idea which cases they are looking at currently...Because when you meant 14 months, is it 14 months from the day you started the process or 14 months from your secondary review email etc ?

dican

Jul 29, 2015
First of all, I would like to thank all members who answered all my questions related to my permanent resident card renewal.

I will share my timeline below for your reference
July 2015 - Submitted PR renewal application
August 2015 - Application received
December 2015 - Started processing application
January 2016 - Received letter by post saying that preliminary review was completed, but additional documents (color copies of passport) were required.
August 2016 - Received letter by post saying that PR Card was ready to be picked up at local office, but interview was required
August 2016 - Attended interview at local office. Officer checked requested documents (passport, health card, driver's license, CRA notices of assessment, medical bills, bank statement, confirmations of employment) and gave new PR Card.

*Note: CIC updated application status until January 2016